• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ → The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center [Read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
1. What boards are you most interested in?
I think the Creative Discussions category and specifically the Game Development section looks really promising.
I'm sure I'll also take a look inside the Emulation section.

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
The Game Development board. I'm interested in building a JavaFX 2.x game engine for a pokemon-like game (without the pokemon-related game mechanics, just the overworld and build a maze for example).
It's reallly overwhelming actually, all the different boards, stickies, ...

3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
Sure, probably within the Game Development section however.

4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
Yeah, get to know the people here, learn something and contribute! Like many I also have a vague dream of combining the worlds of the official games...
But I'd really want to get started asap with Java development, if possible. I'm sure there's a project that can use some extra manpower. =)

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2012
I am interested in rom hacking and emulation.

2. What board are you interested in getting to understand?
I am interested in getting to understand rom hacking, and it's many elements, so that I can make my own hack.

3. Would you like to venture into other parts of the forums?
Yes, I am interested.

I'd like to get to know people, and to, as said before, get to know rom hacking, and making my own rom hacks.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I think the Creative Discussions category and specifically the Game Development section looks really promising.
I'm sure I'll also take a look inside the Emulation section.

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
The Game Development board. I'm interested in building a JavaFX 2.x game engine for a pokemon-like game (without the pokemon-related game mechanics, just the overworld and build a maze for example).
It's reallly overwhelming actually, all the different boards, stickies, ...

Sure, probably within the Game Development section however.

Yeah, get to know the people here, learn something and contribute! Like many I also have a vague dream of combining the worlds of the official games...
But I'd really want to get started asap with Java development, if possible. I'm sure there's a project that can use some extra manpower. =)

Unfortunately the Game Development mentor, Abnegation is not available at this time. But it looks like you have interest in Emulation so I can get either DrFuji or SwiftSign to mentor you in that if you like. :)

I am interested in rom hacking and emulation.

2. What board are you interested in getting to understand?
I am interested in getting to understand rom hacking, and it's many elements, so that I can make my own hack.

3. Would you like to venture into other parts of the forums?
Yes, I am interested.

I'd like to get to know people, and to, as said before, get to know rom hacking, and making my own rom hacks.

You're in the same case as thunderhawk. Both DrFuji and SwiftSign are available for mentoring if you are interested. Both are experienced hackers as well as they can answer any questions you may have before you proceed to create your hack :D

Years
1) What boards are you most interested in?
I'm really interested in any board with sprite making (I made the sprite that's my icon. I love making sprites. :D), and role play.

2) What board are you interested in getting to understand?
I write, so I'd like to get into the fan fiction maybe a little. And the emulation and ROM hacking seems pretty freaking interesting, so I'd like to explore that.

3) Would you like to venture into other parts of the forums?
Yeah, I'm actually open to venture out into any and all of the forum. It's always good to try something new.

4) Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
Nyeh, not really.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Great to see you, LightningShy!

I think Cirno or Kura would be perfect for you since both of them are willing to take you around the Art Gallery (which includes the Pixel Art sections) as well as Astinus and bobandbill can take you around the fanfiction sections. Your choice though! :)

Years
Sure, any of them would work perfectly for me. ^^ Kura sounds super nice though, and if she's willing, I'd love to have her be my mentor.

Ghost Emperor

Pokemon Emperor
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2012
Iam new here been for about 3 days.. :3
1. What boards are you most interested in? Emulation and pokemon gaming
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?mostly Emulation i guess
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? yep like role playing threads, club threads and off-topic discussions fun stuff happens most there =)
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?learn more about the site and um well making friends

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Greetings. As long as you are an active member for less than 90 days, you are still considered a new member eligible for mentorship.

As the other mentees didn't come forward, DrFuji and SwiftSign are both available and willing to mentor you/show you around the Emulation/ROM Hacking boards if you like! They're both experienced hackers so you can count on that. :) Let me know if you're still interested so I can go ahead and contact one of them. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 6, 2020
1. What boards are you most interested in? General Pokémon Gaming Discussions
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Probably any other section other even the one listed above ^_^"
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? If I understood them absolutely
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Ask & Answer questions or topics mainly

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
Hi All I am Ayshy

I Guys , I wanna Introduce myself as Ayshy, living in DL,IN
I need a mentor and few friends so help me :)
Pokemon Hacking 2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?
Pokemon Hacking and New Generation Gameplay

hmmm, may be but thats a Secondary Option :) 4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?No...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
1. What boards are you most interested in? General Pokémon Gaming Discussions
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Probably any other section other even the one listed above ^_^"
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? If I understood them absolutely
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Ask & Answer questions or topics mainly

both bobandbill and sydian are mentors for general pokemon gaming sections. both of them are available. I would recommend you read their bios before you go on ahead and tell me who you feel is the perfect match for you. :D

I Guys , I wanna Introduce myself as Ayshy, living in DL,IN
I need a mentor and few friends so help me :)
Pokemon Hacking 2. What boared are you most interested in getting to understand?
Pokemon Hacking and New Generation Gameplay

hmmm, may be but thats a Secondary Option :) 4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?No...

merged this to here. mentor requests do not require a seperate thread.

you do need to expand a few details on the final two questions though. what would you like to do here specifically? rom hacking would be a good answer but I'd recommend a biiiiit more details. xD

but anyways, in case the other mentees don't show up, swiftsign and drfuji are still available and waiting for an aspiring rom hacker like you to come around. just a reminder that they're here to show you around the emulation boards and answer questions about hacking. :)

don´t mind my poor text...i'm using my aunts comp and the keyboard SUCKS!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2012
Emulation and Game Development
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
The boards themselves and their purposes seem pretty self-explanatory, so I'm not sure I'll need help there. I must admit that, while I'm a fast learner, I know next to nothing about ROM hacking and very little about game development as it is. I don't expect a mentor to try to teach me everything, since they're not being paid for this and I simply can't be a burden, but just a little push in the right direction and links to some good tutorials would be nice.

Oh, definitely! I'm not much for competitive battling and I don't have access to DS-compatible wi-fi to trade, but I love meeting new people and would love to be a part of the community here!

Just hack some ROMs and/or develop my own game and make some new friends. c:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Emulation and Game Development
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
The boards themselves and their purposes seem pretty self-explanatory, so I'm not sure I'll need help there. I must admit that, while I'm a fast learner, I know next to nothing about ROM hacking and very little about game development as it is. I don't expect a mentor to try to teach me everything, since they're not being paid for this and I simply can't be a burden, but just a little push in the right direction and links to some good tutorials would be nice.

Oh, definitely! I'm not much for competitive battling and I don't have access to DS-compatible wi-fi to trade, but I love meeting new people and would love to be a part of the community here!

Just hack some ROMs and/or develop my own game and make some new friends. c:

Unfortunately, Abnegation is unavailable at this time since you're interested in Game Development. For Emulation, we have SwiftSign available if you're interested in that. And since you're interested in Competitive Battling, we have PlatinumDude for that. Your choice. :D

Thank you........ I'am interested so which one will be my mentor ? =)

Just directed you to DrFuji! He'll be around soon to take you in. Have fun! :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2012

Unfortunately, Abnegation is unavailable at this time since you're interested in Game Development. For Emulation, we have SwiftSign available if you're interested in that. And since you're interested in Competitive Battling, we have PlatinumDude for that. Your choice. :D

I've done a lot of poking around since making this post, and I think Game Development is the way to go, and I actually said I wasn't interested in Competitive Battling. :'D I'm so so sorry if I sound rude, but it's just not my thing. I'm more of just a recreational battler. I really do appreciate all of your help and it means so much to me! I think I'll be okay with going it alone from here. Tutorials are made for a reason and everyone here seems friendly enough that I don't think I'll have a problem getting to know others. Thank you again!

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
I would like a Mentor...

1. What boards are you most interested in? Creative Discussions
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Specifically Role Playing for now.
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? I think I'd eventually like to be introduced to the "FanFiction and Writing" area, but Role Playing would be my first priority. :)
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Well, I have never done RP before, so I am a complete newbie. I would just like some help figuring out how to navigate around the site, post new threads, participate in existing threads and role plays, etc.

Thank you very much! (I hope I answered all of the questions correctly.) ^^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi there, Ocelli! So Roleplaying would be your first choice? We have both PkMnTrainer Yellow and Miss Doronjo for Roleplay Corner, as well as I'm also a roleplayer and I'd be willing to take you in if you like!

& don't worry, your request is fine. :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
I don't want to be too much of a bother, so whoever is willing to mentor me would be just perfect. :) Thank for your time~

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013

both bobandbill and sydian are mentors for general pokemon gaming sections. both of them are available. I would recommend you read their bios before you go on ahead and tell me who you feel is the perfect match for you. :D

merged this to here. mentor requests do not require a seperate thread.

you do need to expand a few details on the final two questions though. what would you like to do here specifically? rom hacking would be a good answer but I'd recommend a biiiiit more details. xD

but anyways, in case the other mentees don't show up, swiftsign and drfuji are still available and waiting for an aspiring rom hacker like you to come around. just a reminder that they're here to show you around the emulation boards and answer questions about hacking. :)

don´t mind my poor text...i'm using my aunts comp and the keyboard SUCKS!
Actually i am new in Scripts and have no experience at all... :(
only thing i know about is Advance Map..
I am Trying to mode my Pokemon emerald and give it a whole new life...
but few things i need help for...
so please advice and guide me..
I am Creative and my Upcoming ROM will thrill everybody(I HOPE)
:D XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back