• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y: Luckiest moment in the game?

Aquali Umiko

Roaring back with a vengeance!
Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015
    For me, it has to be what happened five minutes ago. I went into a face-off with Mewtwo in the Unknown Dungeon, and without taking on any damage I caught him on my second Quick Ball. Normally this type of luck evades me... So, naturally I ran right over here to start a topic for others who have went through strange/awesome/mind-blowing experiences.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I was searching for mewtwo, so I manage to bring down it's HP to 10% and throw a single duskballs. Normally, it would fail, but thanks to hex I just catch it in one go

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • back in December during one of the challenges, one of the mini-challenges was to get a Random Encounter Shiny. so I mention to my friend the challenge and somewhere I say "It's not like I'm going to get a shiny between now and Christmas" -or whenever it ended-

2 days later, I'm on Route 7 catching some Smeargles, and what pops out?

SHINY. FREAKING. SPRITZEE.

Mind you, I do NOT have the Shiny Charm. So WOAH. That's nuts!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I've said this before in other threads but my luckiest moment in X/Y happened during the battle with Diantha. I was basically down to my last pokemon, Lucario, lvl 54, who was underleveled against the game's main boss, Mega Gardevoir who swept whoever was left on my team, and I was able to OHKO her with a crit shadow claw out of nowhere. And for those wondering, why was I down to my last poke during that battle with Diantha, because most of my party was just at the late 50s, with the team's Charizard, at level 58 being the highest level'd member of the team, and I was playing that battle on Set, which meant that if I needed to switch out, I had to stay in and get a member KO'd so i don't risk being punished for a switch, and i self-imposed that I do not use any revives or healing items during trainer battles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not sure if I've had any lucky moment in X and Y, at least from what I remember.

Even though I can't put my finger on anything lucky at the moment, there were definitely some unlucky things, with one of them being, from top of my head, not being able to capture a shiny Litleo throughout beginning of my first Y play-through.

When I'd ran into this Pokémon, I didn't have too many Poké Balls with me, unfortunately, and as I didn't want any to go to waste, I wanted to lower its health a bit so that my catch rate would increase. Sadly, when I'd struck Litleo, the attack wound up to be a critical hit, which instantly made it faint.

Years
  • Well I did find two shiny Pokémon within two hours of each other in the Friend Safari, and that was before I even got the Shiny Charm. However, at the same time it might not have been as lucky, as one of them was a Bergmite with a trash nature and the other was a Cascoon...

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • Well for me the luckiest and the most akward day was when I was breeding pokémon. I bred freaking 5 different shiny pokémon on 1 day.
    It was with the Shiny Charm and a foreign Ditto, but still it was dafuq..

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    In X/Y, it was finding a shiny. But it wasn't just that, it was How I did it - under 10 mins in the Friend Safari. It was Charmeleon, and it was my very first shiny ever..

Yeah, I completely freaked out, lol!

In ORAS, it was catching Rayquaza with the very first pokeball I used..An ultra ball..

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I would have to say Mewtwo as well. I got his health down low, used 2 dusk balls (3.5x capture rate in caves) and he broke out without a single roll. Then, I used 1 ultra ball (2x) and bang! he was in it. I was scratching my head in confusion because of the lower cature rate of the ultra ball.

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • My luckiest moment in X was the rondom horde wich contained a shiny geodude. He even helped me defeating the other geodudes. In Y it was the Shiny Gyarados in the Friend Safari. I Already had one from SS so my luckiest moment in overall was the Geodude

Back