• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's build some items!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I thought it would be really cool if we all build some items that don't already exist!
    So post your ideas below and discuss!

There were two items that I just thought of that I really want to exist, and although they might sound kind of strange, I have very good reasons for wanting them.

"Everoot"
    Type of Item: Hold Item
    Description: The root of a mysterious ancient plant that gives off a strange aura. When a pokemon holds this item the pokemon will stop gaining experience and will not level up.

"Comfy Pillow"
    Type of Item: Hold Item
    Description: An incredibly soft pillow that makes any pokemon who holds it feel very lazy. When a pokemon holds this item the pokemon will stop growing strong. (This item prevents a pokemon from gaining EV's)

So I thought of these while I was Horde Battling to raise certain pokemon for some really quick leveling. However this whole time I've been using a pokemon to faint the hordes that's really useful but it's not quite set up with EV's the way that I want and I would really prefer to not let it over level before I can complete all the work on it. So I thought, darn there's no way that I can prevent the problem, I can only clean it up later.
    Ignoring my specific reasons for wanting the items, I feel like these items would be fantastic breeding and raising tools, definitely would give us more useful options.

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • Maybe a black sludge variant for fire types, if your fire type holds it it restores health every turn and if a non fire type holds it it gets burn

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • bump! disappointed this thread is falling to the bottom - it could be pretty interesting and I'd like to see what items everyone can come up with.

Okay my stuff:
    Furnace - An item to be held by Pokémon. The move will boost Fire-type moves used by the holder. Water-type Pokémon holding the item are burned but get double damage on the move Scald. Grass-type Pokémon holding the item get burned but are able to use Solarbeam without a charge up turn. (kinda building on what AleX said ^)

Wall Blueprint - The signature item of Yungoos. When held by that Pokémon, the effectiveness of moves like barrier and light screen is doubled. It also negates the affect of the ability Pressure on these moves, because even if it normally would take 2 PP to use, Yungoos can build a wall for 50% of what it would take anybody else.

Need to leave for now but I'll have more to post later! ^_^

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • All aboard the never happening train!

uQIq7Sc.png

Flygonite - [Items Pocket] One of a variety of mysterious Mega Stones. Have Flygon hold it, and this stone will enable it to Mega Evolve during battle.
    Effect:
    Allows Flygon to Mega Evolve into Mega Flygon when held during battle.

WHOPGrq.png

Glock 18 - [Key Items Pocket] If you're tired with all the whole wild encounters and trainers with top percentages, you can always aim at them with this baby.
    Effect:
    Immediately ends any battle as a victory, therefore still earning prize money and Exp. Points. Ammo are found and bought in nearby Poké Marts.

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Furnace - An item to be held by Pokémon. The move will boost Fire-type moves used by the holder. Water-type Pokémon holding the item are burned but get double damage on the move Scald. Grass-type Pokémon holding the item get burned but are able to use Solarbeam without a charge up turn. (kinda building on what AleX said ^)

This is such a cool Item design, I like how much variety is in it and how it gives off a "high risk, high reward" kind of usage! It reminds me of the reason why I like the items "Life Orb" and "Black Sludge".

Another idea I had was this:

"Dramamine"
    Type of item: Hold Item
    A bottle of pills used to cure motion sickness. If a pokemon becomes confused while holding this item, the item is consumed and cures confusion as well as boosts the users Attack and Defense one stage.

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Fluffy Pillow: Upon reaching red health, the holder will fall asleep for two turns and recover status and HP fully. Item is not consumed but can only be used once per battle.
    Big Coat: The holder ignores all effects of weather, positive or negative. This includes the power of Fire/Water moves in the sun or rain.
    Yellow Card: The holder will switch out upon being hit. The Trainer can select what Pokemon to go in to. Item is not consumed but can only be used once per battle.

Just some nice ideas I had, how do they sound?

Years
  • Celestial Pearl - When held by a Pokemon that has evolved/can evolve with a Moon Stone it will gain boosted experience.

I couldn't really think of anymore but yeah :3

Years
    • Seen today
    double damage on the move Scald
    No, please no. I will uninstall Pokémon. (Also Volcanion will be very happy with this item)

Since there's an item that essentially gives the Overcoat ability, we could make one for Bulletproof or something.

Back