• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Thanks Daegon! lol. anyway, I really can't get that attatchment to work daegon , something's wrong..

Are you saying that you can't unzip the file?

Years
no, I'm saying it wont even work. it wont even start downloading, all i get is a white screen which does nothing! :(

EDIT: DM can you please send me your saved game? I can easily make it send out two pokemon to fight, but I don't know what the "change pokemon" screen would be like. I need to look at it if I'm going to replicate it.

Whats all this stuff you are talking about a bridge and stuff? I have only been as far as when you take the little ship to the other island. I still havent battled with two pokemon and I dont know what to do now.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
go back to pettleburg city and through pettleburg forest. i cant remember exactly where but before you get to rustboro city you cross the bridge where all the fisherman are. there are two small girls i think and you have to talk to one of them to start the battle.

Years
nah, I don't know how to use .sav format files.. I know where you are talking about. I am right near there on another game, I will go and see now! :) thanks guys

Years
lol.

I gave up on making my own item system DM, I couldnt get the background picture the right size without warping the text and pictures :(. If someone can get me the correct paranorma I would be very grateful.

Years
Krazy_Meerkat said:
lol.

I gave up on making my own item system DM, I couldnt get the background picture the right size without warping the text and pictures :(. If someone can get me the correct paranorma I would be very grateful.

You mean the Item Bag background?

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2005
would it be possible to add extra attack slots in this game because 4 slots are just not enough and that extra one or maybe 2 would make a big difference especially with HM's.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I'lll rip one, but do you want the item or Pokemon screen? Here's the Pokemon screen, you may need to resize the selectors- they're bigger than the actual panorama. The ones that are too large in resolution to attatch I think you can do yourself, if you don't mind. Would you like me to upload them and hotlink here?

Years
You mean the Item Bag background?
yep, I can get the bag picture seperate, I just cant get everything else the right size..

Yes thanks for that DM but I don't need to do it, this is the public version and we are not including 2 on 2 battles. These are just the bare bones of the system, if you want anything else custom, like more moves for HM's and stuff the you will have to alter the system. That's what it's here for. I will do the 2 on 2 battles in due time darkmage, but there are just a few more things left for the public system like displaying HP and stuff.

Ashly, we will be supplying this to the public so you don't need to freak over it.

HiKaizer

Beer Drinking Dragon God
Years
I work in RM2k/3 a bit so if you want I could help out but you probably have enough people as it is.

BTW are you going to develop a box system? If so will you asign a seperate set of stats to each of the Pok?mon in the box and refer to them in the battle code or just update those of the Pok?mon in the team currently from those in the box?

Years
DarkMage31 said:
You can help, but you need to give a specific area that you'd like to help with.

I'm not quite sure what you mean with the box system. XD

By box system, i think he means the Pokemon Box system/Bill's PC where you store Pokemon

Years
yes everyone, I realised that to capture pokemon there would need to be a pc box for pokemon to go into, I am going to just do the whole thing because otherwise it would get way confusing!

DM, I need to know roughly how many variables we will be using in the game, because I am going to make the calculations automatic for the pokemon to go into the PC and also to withdraw and put away pokemon so I will need a LOT of variables and I'm not even going to know how many there will be, like 5 or 6 for each pokemon.. I will just start at like 5000, I'm sure we won't use that many..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back