• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeding: XY, ORAS or both?

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
  • With the release of ORAS, many people moved their breeding into their copies of the Hoenn remakes. With new moves, items, abilities and move tutors, among other things, this sounds like the reasonable next step. Still, people have found certain disadvantages about breeding in ORAS, the lack of a Friend Safaris, for example, as a good source for new parents.

With this in mind, will you guys still breed in XY or will you transfer all your breeding projects to ORAS? In which set of games did you like the breeding process most? Was breeding easier in XY?

Discuss!

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I see benifits in breeding in both X/Y and ORAS.

As you mentioned X/Y has the safari for new parents, the day-care centre is on the longest straightest road of Kalos, making it an easy hatching place. (Can hatch 5 eggs in less than 3 mins with O-Power and FlameBody)

However ORAS does have the IV checker on Battle Island which is where most people will be breeding in that game due to being able to circle the island pretty easily for fast hatching. And dexnav can provide 3IV parents if youre willing to put in the time.

Personally I haven't decided which I will use in the long hall. Luckily pokebank makes it a quick swap when I decide

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I prefer keeping my breeding in X and Y because that's where I started it for one thing, that's where I have my hundreds of Rare Candies to check IVs with an IV calculator, and most importantly it has Lumiose City, where I can just go to an intersection, push extreme right or extreme left on the control stick, gently put a folded up piece of paper under it and just let my eggs hatch automatically up to 5 at a time.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I'm sick of XYs bike music and Route 7 theme, so ORAS definitely. I plan to transfer everything to ORAS.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    While X/Y does have the Friend Safari, if you already have a good supply of parents for breeding, it's not so important. And if you do need something from a Friend Safari, well, just fire up you X/Y again and go catch stuff. PokeBank makes transferring real easy (or you can even just do manual trades). What I'm going to like best about breeding in ORAS is that the Black2/White2 move tutors have returned; now we can teach our Pokemon all those nice moves in a generation where breeding is so much easier. It's also nice that there's a DayCare in the same city as the IV checker. No more have to fly over to Kiloude City after hatching a batch of eggs.

So when I beat the Elite 4 and clear the Delta Episode, I'm gonna move most of my stuff from X/Y to ORAS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    While X/Y does have the Friend Safari, if you already have a good supply of parents for breeding, it's not so important. And if you do need something from a Friend Safari, well, just fire up you X/Y again and go catch stuff. PokeBank makes transferring real easy (or you can even just do manual trades). What I'm going to like best about breeding in ORAS is that the Black2/White2 move tutors have returned; now we can teach our Pokemon all those nice moves in a generation where breeding is so much easier. It's also nice that there's a DayCare in the same city as the IV checker. No more have to fly over to Kiloude City after hatching a batch of eggs.

So when I beat the Elite 4 and clear the Delta Episode, I'm gonna move most of my stuff from X/Y to ORAS.

Isn't the IV checker in the Battle Resort?

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Well If IV's are the problem than yes X and Y is easier but i already have a 6iv ditto so that ain't a problem. With the dex nav you can also get 3iv parents but it takes more effort but at the same time you have a lot more pokémon that have 3iv potential with the dex nav and you can catch them with egg moves so that is also a plus. Because you have 2 day cares you can auto level more pokemon and you can also use the lumiose control stick/dpad trick in the battle resort. So for me oras is better than x and y

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • So far, I appreciate having all of my breeding tools already in XY. I like having the Level 3 Hatching power already unlocked. I like having the Battle Maison maxed out and all the Writs unlocked. I also like having access to Le Wow. The trainer re-battles in ORAS sometimes aren't enough. I also often don't need the crazy amount of exp gain from the Elite 4's level 70+ Pokemon.

Although dexnav lets me easily pinpoint search any 1 species on the route as long as I've caught everything, chaining for higher IVs requires effort and luck. With the Friend Safari and 100 friends on my list, I can easily find a parent species with 2 perfects.

I should note that I have yet to reach the Battle Resort. :P

Years
  • I plan to do the majority of my breeding in Alpha Sapphire because the battle resort is really handy. As well as the secret bases are really good for training if you get some Blissey bases on your list.

Years
  • I still haven't really gotten used to the DexNav in ORAS, so until I do i'll be sticking to X with my various Friend Safaris and stuff to get breeding done. That and with what I have traded over it'll gain boosted EXP :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2015
    When having a Ditto of every nature (except bold cause someone I let borrow it never returned it) thanks to eevee breeding I don't really need friend safari's for good parents. All i need are decent egg moves for the movesets I decide to create. Even then I can get most everything (yes without hacking) by myself. So ya, i transferred all of my stuff to Omega Ruby. Just wish it hadn't changed some of the moves in the process. :/

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Both actually, leaning slightly more on OrAs as The Daycare Annex is close to the Stat Judge. Not to mention 2 daycares help a lot as well.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I breed 100% only on ORAS now. ORAS has definitely upped the breeding game in the entire series - you have two separate Day-Cares, an island you can easily bike full circles around, and the IV checker is literally next door to the Day-Care. Plus, move tutors around the corner. You can even change the music, too!

I really hope that they continue adding locations like Battle Resort to future games, cause this has made breeding actually somewhat enjoyable for me honestly. I don't even know how I managed to breed in XY after getting spoiled by ORAS.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I still do my breeding in Y, because I have the shiny charm and all the stuff I need.

But I want to battle with the ORAS rules, so all my battles Pkmn are in OmegaRuby. I would prefert to have all my stuff in one game, but that's how it is :) I am completing ORAS tho so when I want to use the move tutor.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    OR for sure. The IV checker is right there, and due to the way the Battle Resort changes camera, you can just hold the up button without having to go back and forth, you can just hold the up button while doing something else, glancing over to see if an egg stopped moving. And parents from Friend Safari can be transferred over, but tbh, I already have most of the starting parents I need from Wonder Trade (Yes, people give away a lot of 4-5 IV pokemon with correct nature and egg moves off of Wonder Trade it seems, I got like 70% of my stock from it) I actually played OR before X so that might have something to do with it, but I'm about 20 pokemon from getting the Oval charm there anyway

Back