• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Desert concert

Years
  • The Rock band of Tyranitar and the boys
    This is my favourite team of all I've ever made (because it have my favourite Pokémon lol).

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
    Traits: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Superpower
    - Dragon Dance
    My favourite Pokémon and the lead vocal. It Dragon Dance set may not be outstanding in this generation because of the newcomer Conkeldurr's Mach Punch. Even though, it can still be super dangerous and it has swept one team 6-0 before. But it somehow still weak against Toxicroak.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
    Traits: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SAtk 
    IVs: 0 Spd
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Psychic
    - Recover
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    Tyranitar's best buds. He can be a real pain in the ass of fighting type Pokémon. With the huge ass of Conkeldurr, it's even more painful. It can take Mach Punch all day, only scared of Focus Punch or Payback. Minimum IVs is used to outslow Conkeldurr, leaving Pay Back at 50 Base Power. Given SAtk to deal acceptable damage to Conkeldurr, while the remainings to give him some bulk.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Traits: Inner Focus
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Crunch
    - ExtremeSpeed
    Original set for Lucario. After a cool dance move: Swords Dance, ExtremeSpeed destroy almost everything faster than Lucario. Crunch mainly used to kill the Ghost since super effective Crunch still weaker than Close Combat. Most Jellicent is OHKOed after Swords Dance, except for the max Def positive nature take only 92% but that variant is really rare. Despite that, Lucario take everything on the dance floor or when it come to blue.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
    Traits: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 100 SAtk / 156 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Recover
    The one and only made-to-counter Rotom-W. He can absorb away its mighty Hydro Pump. +1 SAtk packed with reliable recovery make him hold on longer. Toxic to nail Rotom-W if it stayed in, while Scald deal some nice damage and ignite opponent with burning spirit of Rock. With Sandstorm damage, opponent will be easily wear down to KO range. 

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
    Traits: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Leech Seed
    - Stealth Rock
    - Power Whip
    - Protect
    SR set up and a very durable wall. With Life Orb recoil and/or Toxic and Burn damage, opposing will be quickly worn out.  100 SDef give the durian durability for taking hit of Rotom-W, then Leech Seed on the switch. This is my main answer to Politoed, because he take pitful damage from Focus Blast and doesn't fear burn because of Leech Seed. Because Ferrothorn Atk is not high at the first place, the drop is not noticable. This heavy metal punks is extremely annoying (as any punk)

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Traits: Sand Rush
    Naive Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - U-Turn
    An offensive powerhouse in Sandstorm, Landorus is the wrath of desert. Earthquake destroy anything doesn't immune to it, while dent a deep hole into things that resist it. Stone Edge for coverage, while boosted during Sandstorm. HP Ice bring destruction to Gliscor, who otherwise will completly tank Stone Edge all day and immune to Earthquake. U-Turn give me some scouting ability, while dealing some nice damage. This dude really rockin' with back up by Sandstorm.

Beat to the Rock beat!!!

I tried so hard to make it fun
    But in the end it doesn't even matter...

Last edited:

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
    Years
  • a solid sandstorm team. try giving ferro gyro ball over power whip though, because ferros terrible speed is going to make that move insanely powerful. if you do replace make ferros nature brave for max damage

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Timid does Gastrodon no favors at all because it's very slow. It's better off with a bulky spread, with this set:
    -Earth Power/Earthquake
    -Ice Beam/Scald
    -Toxic
    -Recover
    Nature: Calm/Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Storm Drain

Sure, that set loses out on HP Grass, but this Gastrodon can wear Rotom-W down with Toxic.

Back