• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon - 2Awesome Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Nope, it only needs 16. Maybe even less :3

What! That's no fun! Besides, the game isn't super tough or anything if you buy plenty of items. At the rate your team is leveling up, too, and with the variety it has, you should be fine to beat anyone.

By the way, some maps are big, but they're all literally straightforward. Except Forest of Illusion, obviously.
    I'm not proud at all of the mapping quality of this game. Some maps really suck.

I think you did a lot better job than tons of people. That and the maps are unique in their own way. :)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Since most guys playing the hacks do it via VisualBoyAdvance, ROM size isn't a problem for them. Remember, though: 16 MiB (2^24 bytes) is the maximum for IPS compatibility, and 32 MiB (2^25 bytes) is the maximum for playing it on a flashcart.

Years
  • Since most guys playing the hacks do it via VisualBoyAdvance, ROM size isn't a problem for them. Remember, though: 16 MiB (2^24 bytes) is the maximum for IPS compatibility, and 32 MiB (2^25 bytes) is the maximum for playing it on a flashcart.

Maybe thats why i cant play it on my android phone.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Since most guys playing the hacks do it via VisualBoyAdvance, ROM size isn't a problem for them. Remember, though: 16 MiB (2^24 bytes) is the maximum for IPS compatibility, and 32 MiB (2^25 bytes) is the maximum for playing it on a flashcart.

That makes sense. Honestly never thought of that possibility. Thanks, now I at least can put that in the thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I played this hack for a couple of hours and I like it. Does that make me weird or something? :D

Nice job bro.

hinkage

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I played this hack for a couple of hours and I like it. Does that make me weird or something? :D

Nice job bro.

Yes it does, apparently. And thank you. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Putting the negative comments aside, I decided to try out the hack

adding more custom tiles could make the hack much more appealing, and, the titlescreen is... uhh... dunno if that was done on purpose but try to fix that ._.;;

you're mapping could use some improvement, but I guess it's tolerable. Oh, and nice scripting btw.

Okay, well the Pokemart selling Ultra Balls, Full Restores, and all that jazz in the beginning isn't exactly a great idea. Try taking them out and set it back to the originals and stuff, know what I'm trying to say?

pretty much how far I've gotten so far ^^

hinkage

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Putting the negative comments aside, I decided to try out the hack

adding more custom tiles could make the hack much more appealing, and, the titlescreen is... uhh... dunno if that was done on purpose but try to fix that ._.;;

you're mapping could use some improvement, but I guess it's tolerable. Oh, and nice scripting btw.

Okay, well the Pokemart selling Ultra Balls, Full Restores, and all that jazz in the beginning isn't exactly a great idea. Try taking them out and set it back to the originals and stuff, know what I'm trying to say?

pretty much how far I've gotten so far ^^

Thanks. I know tiles/mapping are only mediocre -- they were rushed/I was getting burned out since I spent longer scripting and worked for many hours a day.

The Pokemarts will always sell everything. Trainers are meant to be a challenge from the start, and this way the game can apply to both the casual gamer and the nuzlocker. (Nuzlocking it is really hard, while casually playing it, there's not much of a challenge if you use good items. (I had it tested both ways.))

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • My Overall Opinions

Screen4.jpg

This reminds me exactly of Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal. Not even kidding.
    pokemoncrystalvietnam96.png

See?
    ^ I think this is cool and original—and I think you're right about imperfect English used by certain age groups, TBH.

Pokemon-2AwesomeVersion-3.png

just caught this, this map needs some fixing, since it makes no sense why there are stairs in that place.
    The stairs are there on purpose because they make sense. Look at this diagram and then tell me if his stairs defy logic like you say they do.
    Spoiler:

Don't know about that man, no offense but I CAN see some grammer stuff
    Wild EKAN jump out? Doesnt that seem a little off?
    or Are you planning to buy?
    or You take forever! Like a month getting ready!

It's not really grammar stuff, but really really awkward english.

It's a great idea and everything, but it does need to go into the Progressing Hacks section and fix alot of stuff.
    Thats all on purpose, he's referencing something. There a famous lets play of people playing a twice translated verson of pokemon crystal. "Wild Ekan jump out", "GO AWAY" when throwing out a pokemon. It's all tributes.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about people: References, quotes, hidden jokes that only a select audience understands. As long as it doesn't aggravate the majority of players, its perfectly okay.

Well, here's the problem there:
    a game is not a walkthrough, and should not be written like one.
    furthermore a game should have proper grammar.
    To some people not familiar with the walkthrough due to the fact that the writer did not provide information on the subject it also may seem annoying.

You've changed some things like 'Wild XXXXXXX appeared' message and the sending pokemon out message.
    What was the point in that. It makes me for some reason not want to go into a battle.
    And the grammar could be improved, and you have overcrossing overworld styles, which is never good.
    How did this get to the Hacks Showcase without entering Progressing Hacks
    1. The point was to reference a media entity, or maybe—just maybe—to be original?
    2. Overcrossing overworld images can be a good thing, and could possibly be used to seperate one town from another, sort of like outcasting a city or route.
    3. Because it passed all of the main requirements for being in the Hack's Showcase—i.e. being a completed hack (heck, even Liquid Crystal isn't "complete", and it's damn skippy in the Showcase, so how does that help your argument? -_-)

I agree with Leews24 and nintendork about the errors, and to me,the story is alright but kinda not really thought out, I mean, what hack has all this really dark stuff about death and the grammar is okay but really is not correct english.And a complete hack full of refferences might tick some people off.Cuterline did it but he had it very hidden which made his hack extremely good You might want to see some more tutorials or have a hacking team help you if your really commited to it.And even though it is a full hack it should be in the progressing hacks section,Pokemon Advance Adventure was mostly fully complete but never got into the hacks showcase that quick.And the titlescreen needs a bit of...fixing.No offence

"What hack has all this really dark stuff about death"? A completely original one, obviously :D
    "Cuterline did it but he had it very hidden which made his hack extremely good" What specifically seperates 2Awesome from Cuterline in the midst of references? I don't see any, unfortunately. And Tcoppy, I wish to politely ask you to take your praise for other hacks elsewhere, buddy. :)
    "…or have a hacking team help you if your really commited to it." The most famous ROM hacker on the web made every single one of his hacks all by himself. There are rumors that he makes his own tools, or other rumors saying that he strictly hacks in hex, so I'm surprised very little at his choice of a hacking team.
    "And even though it is a full hack it should be in the progressing hacks section,Pokemon Advance Adventure was mostly fully complete but never got into the hacks showcase that quick." What logic tells you that a hack that is completely finished should be in the Progressing Hacks section? Is it still 'progressing'?
    "and the grammar is okay but really is not correct english." No offense kid, but your grammar isn't exactly perfect here, either. ;)

Okay, maybe you don't judge a book by it's cover. Of course, you shouldnt. I mostly don't(I'm not the world's biggest gbc hack fan.) People should actually play it, then judge it.
    But I'm sorry, That just isn't the case. At least half the people just come here, and never comment. Most don't even look at this game, due to it's number if replies or somethin. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is.

It got long, so I wrapped it inside
    Spoiler:

PS: Really? SLOPES IN WATER????

leews24, I'd like to ask you to stop giving the sort of criticism, as all it's basically doing is trashing the hack's thread, and thus spurring on more negative criticism because of the impression you left on viewers and members alike with your numerous posts on this thread. Thanks, and try to be more positive with your criticisms when/if you decide to post again. :)

Kid,you just messed with one really great hacker,he/she was actually being nice to you and yet you call he/she a douche?Nice call,your probably gonna be in huge trouble.And why laugh about age?I'm thirteen and I actually don't care what anyone thinks, and this hack really should be moved into the sideshow showcase
    Calm down kid, this isn't Fight Club. ;D

To defend my standpoint:

It doesn't matter how good you are. Coming in here and saying "it doesn't appeal to me as a fun hack in any shape or form" and then suggesting it's just some **** I made up and isn't a true hack... Pretty rude and douche-y. And I stand by that. You could have said it in a way that, you know, didn't troll me. Like "it's just not for me".

I do apologize for how I responded though, I should have messaged you rather than cause drama in this thread. And I also came off really douche-y. But I admit it, I'm a real jerk, or real nice. It's like I'm bipolar, only bipolar people don't admit they're bipolar.
    As for the age thing, however, yes: 13 year-olds are inherently arrogant and snide. I never once said it made them make bad games/stories/etc., but it's a very usually true stereotype.
    I'm bipolar. I have a medical diagnosis proving it. I have bipolar. Not that it matters XD
    And as for that stereotype, it's completely untrue, as I am 13, and I'm trying to politely sort out this mess by myself. (Not minimodding, just trying to keep the truck from driving off the cliff, if you know what I mean ;D)

Whoowhoawhoa.
    If your gonna insult 13yr olds, Im outta here,
    some ppl come to speak his opinion, and this insult?
    That is just rude man, rude
    You have no right what so ever over whats douchey and not, I think anyone who goes to school heard that line millions of times,
    But you did apoligize on tye point, thats good

But whoawhoawhoa, 13 yr olds are arrogant?
    I was 13 just months ago, this is just outta the world.
    Im done here. Bye folks.
    Alright. C'ya later, alligator! :)

There ya go, man!
    Oh, played a little, and I find it pretty enjoyable...I kinda ignored the negatives during play. It's witty (not Snakewood witty, but damn fine to me regardless) and dwells on things not touched upon in Pokemon. In fact, this is going on my 'enjoyable hacks' list.
    I'll keep on playin', but with school, not that much...
    And with that, good work so far. Hopefully I'll see more projects from you.

I can't wait to play this hack myself, TBH. It's sounds like fun, and the video really emphasized its originality, IMO.

Overall, I think this hack is fine work. I (and many others) can't find the logic in moving it to the Progressing Hacks, whereas the Hacks Showcase would fit, or at least the Sideshow Showcase would. Go figure. The video made me want to play it that much more! XD

hinkage

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    how long is the current version? this game looks good How many gyms ?

It's four Gyms, and that's the game.
    But, as you can see, there are two games, both complete: One FireRed and one Emerald. The Emerald one (Pokemon 2Awesome) actually has a storyline, and better level balance.

~/nO bEtAs~/

Shucklin

Punch in the Meowth!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    I like the dialogue its funny. I dont know how this is serious though

hinkage

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I like the dialogue its funny. I dont know how this is serious though

The regular (random NPCs) characters aren't serious. The story is the "more" serious part

Facelift

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2012
    Wild XYZ jump out...?
    Pokemon Crystal Vietnamese?
    Anyways, you really need skill the make a pokehack funny.
    Spoiler:

This looks playable, though.

hinkage

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Wild XYZ jump out...?
    Pokemon Crystal Vietnamese?
    Anyways, you really need skill the make a pokehack funny.
    Spoiler:

This looks playable, though.

Snakewood isn't funny.
    But thank you. I hope you play it.

Facelift

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2012
    Snakewood isn't funny.
    But thank you. I hope you play it.

Yep, this hack is turning out to be better than it's initial impression. The mapping could be better though, but it doesn't really hinder the gameplay, which is most important to me.

Meh, I always thought that it was funny. I don't think it was meant to be like that, but it just seemed so to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back