• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The effects of affection make your Pokemon land more critical hits and avoid certain status moves from time to time during the main game. However, does this apply to the online matches? Debating whether or not it would be worth it to spend the time and raise their affection in pokemon amie.

Amie is for single-player only. When you're online with other people, anything related to Pokémon-Amie gets taken out. It's still worth it to put some time into it though, as it helps you to defeat NPCs quite a bit and gives you an easier time training your Pokémon. d:

Can you breed Dittos? I'm just wondering if you can, as making the perfect Ditto would be amazing.

Ditto cannot be bred with each other; sorry. D: If you'd really like to have a perfect Ditto, try requesting one on the GTS.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Anyone know of a good pre-E4 place to train? The EXP Share makes training things quite easy but I can't actually find many decent battles and training against only wild Pokémon is really boring.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Even though I registered a friend code and they successfully registered me their avatar doesn't show up on my PSS menu while I'm connected to the internet. Why? Will it not show up until we are online at the same time for the first time?

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • Anyone know of a good pre-E4 place to train? The EXP Share makes training things quite easy but I can't actually find many decent battles and training against only wild Pokémon is really boring.

You can go to Restaurant Le Yeah in Lumiose. You pay 13k or so, and it has Pokemon that give a lot of experience (Lv31) Still pretty good.
    There's also Battle Chateau, Pokemon Village and Victory Road.
    I trained on Victory Road the most pre-E4.
    -----
    Any website out there that has news about events and stuff?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Would anyone know the number of different regions/languages out there? I.e. the JPN at the top of a Pokemon would indicate it is Japanese, does this only work for the language or the region? Would a United Kingdom Pokemon be counted as foreign, like for the Masuda Method, or not since it is English language-based?

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So that's why egg hatching sucks so bad...

In BW2 there is a Join Avenue stall that features Egg Hatching.
    In XY we have Hatching O-Powers to 'speed up' the hatching process. (Obtaining method can be found within this thread.)
    So don't be upset over it my friend, smile. :)

Would anyone know the number of different regions/languages out there? I.e. the JPN at the top of a Pokemon would indicate it is Japanese, does this only work for the language or the region? Would a United Kingdom Pokemon be counted as foreign, like for the Masuda Method, or not since it is English language-based?

june_new_p1_01.jpg

(Note: English, applies to ALL English* saves, not by game cartridge region)

US = UK = AUS*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    In Gen 5, Salamence could be taught Aqua Tail. Well, there's no move tutor in Gen 6 -_- so is it possible to breed a Dragalge with Aqua Tail and pass it down?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    In Gen 5, Salamence could be taught Aqua Tail. Well, there's no move tutor in Gen 6 -_- so is it possible to breed a Dragalge with Aqua Tail and pass it down?

It is not an Egg Move so no. :( Wait for a month then you can migrate your old buddy to Kalos. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    Is there a list of what moves/ pokemon are likely to be banned from competition, or considered unfair in Gen VI?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    1- What exactly does everyone mean by the pokemon metagame? Everyone uses the phrase like everyone else knows what it means.

2 - when moves are banned in the metagame, does that mean if I battle someone online certain moves will be taken off my pokemon and theirs as well? If so, online battling sounds like it sucks! What's the point of even trying to battle other people if all these moves are banned? If I want to go up against someone, I want to face the full force of what they can do, not a neutered game where a bunch of moves aren't usable and you can't do this and you can't do that, it really makes the battling boring if everyone is only allowed to use certain moves and certain pokemon because all the rest are banned.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • 1- What exactly does everyone mean by the pokemon metagame? Everyone uses the phrase like everyone else knows what it means.

2 - when moves are banned in the metagame, does that mean if I battle someone online certain moves will be taken off my pokemon and theirs as well? If so, online battling sounds like it sucks! What's the point of even trying to battle other people if all these moves are banned? If I want to go up against someone, I want to face the full force of what they can do, not a neutered game where a bunch of moves aren't usable and you can't do this and you can't do that, it really makes the battling boring if everyone is only allowed to use certain moves and certain pokemon because all the rest are banned.

1)What you do after the Championship(Ev training,breeding,wifi battling etc.)

2)The moves wont be taken off.The bans are mostly for official tournaments.

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    Whats a good moveset for a rock polish rhyperior

5 max ivs (not sp.a), jolly

252 atk, 252 spd, rest in sp.d

Moves atm:
    rock polish
    stone edge (I want to get hid of this rubbish move)
    earthquake
    drill run (replacing with megahorn)

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • Are Perfect or Near Perfect IV Dittos simply caught randomly in the wild, since they can't be bred?

Also, what does HA stand for when trading Pokemon? I saw someone say HA and non-HA Pokemon...

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    ^in the wild a ditto may have 0 - 6 perfect IVS, in a ditto friend safari they will have 2 - 6 perfect IVs (rare to get more than 2 perfect).

Basically friend safari pokemon are guaranteed to have 2 perfect ivs.

Ditto safaris are overrated, except when starting breeding.

HA = hidden ability.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    HI.
    Im trying to get a shiny ralts from the Masuda method.
    Im using a Gallade from japan and an American Gardevoir.
    SO far Ive gone 2 boxes and almost have filled up my third.
    A lot of people have told me I should have got one in my first box but I didnt.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    DO I need to have finished the game for the Masuda method to work?

Is there any way to increase my chances even more?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    HI.
    Im trying to get a shiny ralts from the Masuda method.
    Im using a Gallade from japan and an American Gardevoir.
    SO far Ive gone 2 boxes and almost have filled up my third.
    A lot of people have told me I should have got one in my first box but I didnt.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    DO I need to have finished the game for the Masuda method to work?

Is there any way to increase my chances even more?

You are not doing anything wrong.
    Back in BW2 there was Shiny Charm,
    but you have to rely on pure luck in XY!
    Just keep doing it, don't get upset! ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    thanks man
    One last thing.
    WHen I get the shiny ralts... if I ever do.
    I was planning on using some Vitamins on her
    Any tips for a Gardevoir?

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    Is suckerpunch a spammable move?

If they use it (and it fails because i didn't attack), can they use it the next turn?

damn suckerpunch always owns me. >:[

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back