• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Yveltal was so easy (Catching)

Years
  • Epic scenes and story of a man using the ultimate weapon, yada yada.
    I had a BLAST the whole way through!
    Once I got to Yveltal... (For Pokemon Y)

It was so easy!
    I started off with a Quick Ball and of course that didn't work xP Hey I tried right? XD
    Then I killed it once by mistake.. but, so happy it let me rebattle right at the spot.
    And here, I was using Lapras all along <3 I lurve my Lapras ^^
    I was using so much Ice Beam hoping to freeze it and it's Oblivion Wing was hella annoying XD
    Finally, his HP was down enough with a Body Slam and... YES! IT GOT PARALYZED!!!
    I threw ONE Duskball at it and captured it!

o.o Just one Dusk Ball. Was it supposed to be THAT easy to catch? Or did I just get really lucky?
    Then again, after I beat it once... it did say "Yveltal wants to help you" so yeah.. might have let me catch it? XD

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Since gen 5 they have increased the cover art legendaries (well not Kyurem) from the traditional catch rate of 3, to 45. The reason is because they made catching it an integral part of the story. You needed to catch Reshiram or Zekrom to prove yourself as a hero to N. You need to catch Xearneas or Yveltal to prevent its use as a weapon. There's literally nowhere for those Pokemon to go after that if you knocked them out.

Can't say I agree with it though, I personally liked being able to rematch them later after the E4 if you wanted to.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Yea mandatory catches have a catch rate of 45, which is actually pretty high. There's a lot of fairly common non-legendary Pokemon that have the same catch rate. I'll admit though, I did have somewhat of a hard time catching it because Oblivion Wing heals it so much. From what I've seen in Let's Plays Xerneas seems even harder because with Geomancy it actually has a good chance at KOing your whole team :o

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Lol yeah I know that feel. I have finished my Pokemon X game, and just started my new Pokemon Y game so I don't have experiences with Yveltal yet, but I just threw some Great Balls at Xerneas and I caught him soon enough :3

Buuuuut some time later when I wanted to catch Zygarde, took me only 3 Great Balls or so and I already caught him :D So, since Gen.5 (catching all legendaries between 1-7 Great Balls too), I indeed think the catching rate has been increased :)

Years
  • Since gen 5 they have increased the cover art legendaries (well not Kyurem) from the traditional catch rate of 3, to 45. The reason is because they made catching it an integral part of the story. You needed to catch Reshiram or Zekrom to prove yourself as a hero to N. You need to catch Xearneas or Yveltal to prevent its use as a weapon. There's literally nowhere for those Pokemon to go after that if you knocked them out.

Can't say I agree with it though, I personally liked being able to rematch them later after the E4 if you wanted to.

Necrum summed everything up here on why we're getting 45 catch rate on cover legendaries lately, it's because they are required to be caught meaning if you attempt to knock it out it'll just stand there meaning you have to keep fighting it before you catch it.

I still don't get why people would complain about it though, and I caught my Xerneas in only like 2 Ultra Balls.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • I figured it was a legendary and would be hard to catch (haven't played since gen 3 until x/y) so just threw my masterball straight away

LegendaryTrainerN

Legendary Trainer
    Years
  • I think the reason is because for people like I me, I have very little interest in the story and the 8 badge then league thing gets kinda old after awhile it's kinda like a new pair of underwear. You have a new pair and they look new and different but we all have worn underwear before and the experience is practically the same. Hopefully you get what I mean by that lol. I just have always enjoyed the thrill of collecting Pokemon. I feel proud when I watch the series or a movie and I have a legendary that is in what I'm watching. That being said, I just want to catch the freaking thing and add it to my collection. I don't want to have the pain of sitting there for 30 minutes trying to catch one Pokemon and trust me there has been times where I can't even catch them and have to turn my game off and come back another day to get them.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I figured it was a legendary and would be hard to catch (haven't played since gen 3 until x/y) so just threw my masterball straight away
    Always save Master Ball for Mewtwo, haha. :D

I was actually able to catch Reshiram in White 2 using a Premier Ball because of this change. However, I am curious if they did the same thing as BW in XY where if your boxes are full you can avoid catching Xearneas/Yveltal right away.

Years
  • Well, I'm definitely saving this master ball for Mewtwo.
    I know how hard it can get to catch him XD
    I know there's another Master Ball we can get in the Loto ID place... but that's freaking hard to get haha XD

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • It was pretty simple for me to catch Yveltal as well. I don't have a problem with this, though. If there is a player who isn't interested in legend hunting and is required to catch the legend, it's nice that they make it easier so people who just want to continue playing won't get stuck there forever.

Years
  • However, I am curious if they did the same thing as BW in XY where if your boxes are full you can avoid catching Xearneas/Yveltal right away.

Yeah, that's something i'm curious of. Is there another location it goes to after beating the game? It's something I might check sometime, which would be made easier because of Bank.

Anyway, I remember first catching Xerneas in a Quick Ball my first time playing, but in most of my subsequent playthroughs of both games it and Yveltal wouldn't be caught for me quite as easily. Not to the point where it nearly sweeps my team or anything, but it still does like to be a jerk sometimes.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • Always save Master Ball for Mewtwo, haha. :D

I was actually able to catch Reshiram in White 2 using a Premier Ball because of this change. However, I am curious if they did the same thing as BW in XY where if your boxes are full you can avoid catching Xearneas/Yveltal right away.

I caught mewtwo with a premiere ball :)

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I slapped Yveltal with a flamethrower from Charizard Y and almost killed it. I threw a premier ball and it broke out.

It used Oblivion Wing, so I Slash'd it and threw another Premier Ball et voila! It was in the bag!

Back