• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How do you feel about hacked pokemon making it through PokeTransporter's hack check?

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
Years
  • I sometimes use the pokebuilder app to make pokemon and put them in GTS for magikarps and such. Pretty upset now that none of them, even though I make them incredibly legit in every way, make it through Pokemon Transfer. I was excited about wonder trade too. Imagine getting a shiny Gardevoir through wonder trade when you only put in say, a weedle? But alas, it doesn't work ._.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Apparently, PokeTransporter miserably failed at keeping out hacked pokemon, as long as they have stats that are reachable in-game without hacking.

That's obvious since PokéGen is very accurate in creating legal Pokémon. The hackers replicated the code and allowed us to manipulate it. Therefore, it's impossible for them to ban these Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    That's obvious since PokéGen is very accurate in creating legal Pokémon. The hackers replicated the code and allowed us to manipulate it. Therefore, it's impossible for them to ban these Pokémon.
    We'd like to object. Pokegen does not aid you in creating perfect Pokemon at all. The only reason many 5th gen hacks cannot be detected by either PokeTransporter nor Pokecheck is because the seeding is dependant on the DS's MAC address, thus there are almost limitless options to choose from.

However, once hackers try to touch 4th gen (or god forbid, 3rd gen) hacks or even just Wonder Card Pokemon most of them hit a glass ceiling an amateur is not able to break. These kind of Pokemon have very rigid seeding methods and you only have a handful of legal IV spreads. Not only that, these IV spreads are always tied to a certain PID and nature because they are generated by the same method. Pokecheck will not help you with that (it only automatically sets the gender wheny ou change the PID); even a little slip up and the Pokemon becomes illegal. Technically ...

Pokecheck catches these flunkies just fine most of the time, it even gives a few false positives because it is unable to realize chain-shinies. However, PokeTransporter will still let them through, probably because it doesn't properly check the PID. In our opinion this one is a terrible excuse of a hack check.

We don't mind hacks in general but we still think that people are better off not touching this kind of stuff when they don't know what they are doing. It is kind of annoying when we cannot wholeheartedly trust something we received via online traiding and have to handcheck everything before deciding to keep it.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • We'd like to object. Pokegen does not aid you in creating perfect Pokemon at all. The only reason many 5th gen hacks cannot be detected by either PokeTransporter nor Pokecheck is because the seeding is dependant on the DS's MAC address, thus there are almost limitless options to choose from.

However, once hackers try to touch 4th gen (or god forbid, 3rd gen) hacks or even just Wonder Card Pokemon most of them hit a glass ceiling an amateur is not able to break. These kind of Pokemon have very rigid seeding methods and you only have a handful of legal IV spreads. Not only that, these IV spreads are always tied to a certain PID and nature because they are generated by the same method. Pokecheck will not help you with that (it only automatically sets the gender wheny ou change the PID); even a little slip up and the Pokemon becomes illegal. Technically ...

Pokecheck catches these flunkies just fine most of the time, it even gives a few false positives because it is unable to realize chain-shinies. However, PokeTransporter will still let them through, probably because it doesn't properly check the PID. In our opinion this one is a terrible excuse of a hack check.

We don't mind hacks in general but we still think that people are better off not touching this kind of stuff when they don't know what they are doing. It is kind of annoying when we cannot wholeheartedly trust something we received via online traiding and have to handcheck everything before deciding to keep it.

I know about 4th gen limitations, however it's not necessary to create a perfect Pokémon. When I played around with Pokégen for 4th gen games the PID search always gave me a combination of IV spread, gender and nature I was satisfied with, and those had mostly perfect stats, with the trash stat being an unnecessary one.

When it comes to shiny Pokémon, I agree it's a lot harder and maybe impossible to create a mostly perfect Pokémon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I know it's not a big deal if it doesn't go outside the boundaries of the game. But it still irks me that it isn't 100% legit. I've been a legit trainer since day one excluding the Gen 1 games glitches, because everyone exploited those glitches back in the day. Maybe I'm a bit uptight about it but I've always loved the sense of accomplishment it gave me having completely legit Pokemon.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • I just... don't know. I used PokeGen all the time with my Black and I didn't feel guilty of anything, but that was because it was impossible to get those pokemon through legit means. Now breeding is so easy that there's no real excuse.

But, as I see more and more people doing it, I'm starting to wonder if I should give up breeding and do it as well. Something that forces me to question myself even more is Genning shinies. I've already successfully used the Masuda Method three times, and if I were to start Genning again, would that time spent hatching eggs go to waste?

I'd love to hear anyone's opinions on what I should do, because it's driving me crazy. :S

Years
  • Overall I really don't mind Pokemon being hacked. Unless they have flawless ivs etc. In either case I really don't mind as long as I don't end up with one because it takes all the excitement away from having anything slightly better or rare.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • I just... don't know. I used PokeGen all the time with my Black and I didn't feel guilty of anything, but that was because it was impossible to get those pokemon through legit means. Now breeding is so easy that there's no real excuse.

But, as I see more and more people doing it, I'm starting to wonder if I should give up breeding and do it as well. Something that forces me to question myself even more is Genning shinies. I've already successfully used the Masuda Method three times, and if I were to start Genning again, would that time spent hatching eggs go to waste?

I'd love to hear anyone's opinions on what I should do, because it's driving me crazy. :S

I used pokegen to, but that was only for random battle testing and with of course with friends. Remember that breeding them gives more satisfaction than genning them. Also if you plan on going to tournamants in most tournamants non-kalos pokémon are banned so you pretty much had to breed them in kalos and it would be way better if they were shiny right?

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • As long as the hacks are legit I'm alright of it. Part of the reason Game Freak has made it easier to breed Max IV Pokemon is maybe to counter such hacks.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • What I've noticed, from a competitive battling aspect, the focus is more on the actual battling and strategies behind it, it's almost assumed your Pokemon should be perfect IVs, etc. And a lot of people have gone through and done all the breeding and training before, they know how to do it, but "hacking" saves time, and will "resort" to it, which I really have no problems with.

This is how I feel. No matter if the person spent hours on their Pokemon and someone else just hacked theirs, the end result is the same. Just that one person has more bragging rights. xD

I would much rather hack the Pokemon to save time. After all, all I want to do is to train them and see how they work in battle.

The only time that I'm against hacking is that if someone gives their Pokemon stats, abilities, etc that that Pokemon cannot have. But Bank pretty much stops those anyways so it's kind of a thing of the past now.

I'm not against hacked shinies but they do feel less special to me than one you could catch legit.

Back