• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Competetive Team

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2010
Let me say this now, before anybody gets uppity over my 4-pokemon team. The official tournaments in my state and area are four pokemon team double battles. I do not need a 6 pokemon team. I have a normal 6 pokemon team, but this team is intended specifically for tournaments.

I have a friendly tournament coming up with some friends. I basically just want to annoy them to death because they're getting rather serious. I figured that I would create a team based on pokemon that annoy me when I fight them. I was informed after finishing all my EVs and training that it was to be a double battle tournament style. These pokemon do not work well together in double. AT ALL. I need to replace some, and I need an opinion on my ideas.

This is the team as it is:

Relaxed Bronzong (No item chosen yet)

Gyro Ball
Confuse Ray
Earthquake
Hypnosis (Changes welcome)

HP and Sp Def Evs

Impish Blissey+ Leftovers

Softboiled
Thunderwave/toxic
Thunderbolt
(Add? If I get rid of Vaporeon, then I will give Blissey Toxic.)

Hp and def evs

Careful Dusknoir

Double team/shadow sneak
Confuse ray
meanlook
ice beam
Hp and def/spdef evs (evened out def and sp def)

Calm Vaporeon

Wish
Toxic
protect
surf

Hp and sp def evs.

My main point is to be incredibly annoying and make the battle slow. I know that one person will be using common overpowered pokemon like Charizard and Dragonite and will have no strategic movesets. Another doesn't even know that there's a difference between special defense and defense, and a third action replays all of his pokemon and will probably use common attackers as well.

Since this is a four-pokemon team and double battle, I was thinking of replacing Vaporeon with:

Adamant Heracross
Megahorn
Substitute
Close Combat
Stone Edge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Or replacing Dusknoir with Skarmory. I haven't quite worked out if I would use Skarmory as a wall or a sweeper.

I also know that there will be a team of Ninetales/Jolteon/Absol/Froslass with Absol have all high CH moves with Scope and Super Luck. It may make more sense to use a Lapras wall with Shell Armor and Signal Beam with a focus sash instead of Vaporeon and using Skarmory with it.

If anybody could give me their opinions on this, while understanding that I want the battle to be drawn out and incredibly annoying (which is why I originally had so many walls), please let me know which choices might be best. Thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Bronzong: Replace Confuse Ray with Stealth Rock. Give it Leftovers as an item. Use this EV spread: 252 HP/84 Atk/80 Def/92 SDef. (use Levitate as an ability)

Blissey: Replace the nature with Bold and this set:
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Ice Beam/Flamethrower
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

Dusknoir: complete set change:
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Earthquake/Fire Punch/Shadow Punch
-Ice Punch/ThunderPunch/Shadow Punch
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/28 Atk/228 Def
Item: Leftovers

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
Years
Just a suggestion, but how about including a paraflinch pokemon, such as Togekiss, Dunsparce, or Jirachi? Those who use this strategy can be INCREDIBLY annoying, and the battles are usually long and frustrating.

Oops, just remembered this is a double battle! I'd go with Dunsparce then, as it possesses Rock Slide.

gamefan1

Mystery Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
i would add trik room for your bronzong trick room plus hypnosis makes a great combo

Back