• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghost Trick : Phantom Detective (DS)

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
Years
  • ghost_trick_boxart_US.jpg

From the man behind the original Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright games comes another mystery game... This time, there's no courtroom. There's not even a crime scene to investigate. No. This time, you're already dead.
    You are Sissel, a man who was shot, and gained the powers of the dead. Using your powers, you can possess objects to interact with them, and turn back time to 4 minutes before someone was killed, to attempt to reverse their death. Succeed, and you will come closer to the answers you've been seeking.
    Who am I, and why was I killed?

Now that the introduction is over with, some information. Just so you know, I own the game, and have already finished it (all within two days).
    The gameplay is very interesting. Being a spirit, you cannot freely move about. You can possess objects nearby you to move around an area, or you can use telephone cables to move from one major area to another. You're also able to interact with the objects you're possessing, to create new possibilities.
    This sounds very basic, but trust me, it isn't. The possibilities are nearly endless, and figuring out the timing to activate certain objects in order to save someone from certain death is often very difficult. I've had to replay stages more than 5 times before figuring out a solution!
    The story is what you'd expect from the man behind Phoenix Wright, as it's quite complex and full of mysteries and twists. I'm not going to spoil anything.

Now, some images.

Our protagonist. Quite a dashing fellow when he's not dead on the ground.
    Spoiler:

A fellow spirit, who inhabits a desklamp, speaks to you.
    Spoiler:

Like most characters in the game, this man dies. Are you a bad enough dude to turn back time and save him?

Spoiler:

So, what do you all think? Have any of you played it yet?

Last edited:

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
  • This game is made of win. ^.^

I'm loving it; so much fun, so much challenge.

But it's not a THIS GAME IS TOO [expletive deleted] HARD! [expletive deleted] challenge. It's a Hmm... if I do this differently, maybe it'll work... hmm... challenge. My favorite kind.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • This is more of a review, so I'm moving it to the subforum.

Okay... So which part of it is review-like at all? The person simply provided some information for the basis of discussion.

Anyway, I actually finished this game a few hours ago. I found it brilliant. The gameplay was excellent as well as plotline which had a totally unexpected turn at the end.

My only complaint was:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Yeah, I don't really see how this is a LP/Guide/Review. It seems to be more of a video game discussion topic..... lol.

Anyway, I just started this game. I'm enjoying it so far, but...it's REALLY hard. >_>;

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't really see how this is much of a review, the user posted some really basic information and didn't include much of their own opinion at all.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't really see how this is a LP/Guide/Review. It seems to be more of a video game discussion topic..... lol.

Anyway, I just started this game. I'm enjoying it so far, but...it's REALLY hard. >_>;

I agree although I found it to be easier than their Ace Attorney games. With them, I always had to look up guides multiple times during each case but with Ghost Trick, everything was quite clear when you though each puzzle through except the one mentioned in the spoilers in my previous post.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
  • I was thinking of the solution during that puzzle, but couldn't get it to work.

Beat it last night. Best twist ever.

Spoiler:

Back