• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows 10

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • You do realize Windows 10 is free for those who has 7 or 8 installed on their computer.
    You're missing the point of why I'm denouncing Windows 10. Why should I download something pointless just because it's free?

Windows 10 is free for 7 and 8 users. As well, a way it's better is the way the beta is. You can directly send feedback from within an included app, and others can vote and add their own opinions. It makes for better bug reporting and bug testing because more people use it and find all the kinks in the code.

Edit: So I noticed that there's one additional feature that's not noted yet because it's not a finished feature yet. You may have heard of the registry hack to enable the new login UI, which looks really nice, but if you're on a desktop or laptop, you may not have noticed this. My laptop can turn into a tablet, so on the side are some buttons for adjusting orientation and some different controls and whatnot. On the current login UI, you cannot use the orientation adjust button to change the orientation of the lockscreen, as it's locked for some reason until after you log in. However, the new UI allows you to adjust it on that screen, at a cost. It breaks when you go and rotate it, rendering your screen entirely black and will require you reboot to have it work again. However, since it's a registry hack to enable it, I don't think MS will count any bug issues on it since it's not a standardized feature as of yet.
    These changes are so minor and frivolous that I find it out of place they're naming a whole operating system over them. When was the last time Microsoft released stuff like that in minor updates?

Zet

Years
  • There was no reason to upgrade to Windows 8, nor is there any for 10. It's a pointless rehash that "fixes" every psyduck-up people complained to Microsoft about, and... what? Seriously, what's so innovative about Windows 10 that I should spend hundreds of dollars to buy it?

Windows 7 works fine. If Microsoft was thinking straight they'd release their new 2D GUI as an add-on feature for seven. They have no new ideas and are pandering to shareholders lol
    You're just like those whiny people who cried tears when Windows 8 was released and usurped the throne from Windows 7. HOW DARE IT BE MORE BETTER, MORE SECURE, MORE EVERYTHING!

Why did you spend hundreds of dollars on Windows 7 when Vista was just fine? Your logic is flawed. Please actually come up with a better reason to not like Windows 8 and 10, instead of crying over how Microsoft should just bring these changes to Windows 7.

I'm looking forward to Windows 10.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • You're just like those whiny people who cried tears when Windows 8 was released and usurped the throne from Windows 7. HOW DARE IT BE MORE BETTER, MORE SECURE, MORE EVERYTHING!

Why did you spend hundreds of dollars on Windows 7 when Vista was just fine? Your logic is flawed. Please actually come up with a better reason to not like Windows 8 and 10, instead of crying over how Microsoft should just bring these changes to Windows 7.

I'm looking forward to Windows 10.
    I'm already not that big of a fan of Microsoft and their frivolous greedy release cycle, but still...

I think I mentioned this in C&T before but if Microsoft really isn't bullshitting with these OSes and there is substantial reason for an update (even then I know it doesn't warrant a new OS but that's beside the point), then prove it! I'm not interested in 8 or 8.1 or 10 because as a consumer they appear totally fuckin' pointless to me. I'm also an educated consumer in this particular market and would be really happy to see a change log of what M$ is really up to. But we don't have that, "trade secrets" they claim. I claim BS, personally.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Pretty sure I'll be switching to Windows 10. I like Windows 8.1 and I'm sure this will be cool. Let's hope they bring in updates that promote gaming on windows!

Back