• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do people actually close tabs when they've read them?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I mean, I usually have like 20 PC tabs alone opened :/

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I keep my number of tabs to a limit of 4, because I don't want to risk my chances of getting a virus or slowing down my computer. After reading an article tab and its comments, I x it out immediately.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    i hate having too many tabs open at the same time...i'm not a very good multitasker. i usually have two tabs open: pc and youtube.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    does anyone actually fucking Do This Shit

I guess it's my reddit mentality of opening all the threads and reading them piece by piece, and never closing them...

Years
  • I find myself keeping way too many tabs open, mainly of Tumblr and PC lol. I'm just that too dedicated to both sites if that's saying anything.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I currently have 22 tabs open, but three of those are just what I'm currently doing. The other 19 are things that I haven't gotten to look at yet. Once I do get to them, reading through whatever I need to then I close them out.

Years
  • Yeah? Why wouldn't I close them... I never got how people could have like 20+ tabs open while just casually browsing, on average I'd have around five or six.

Years
  • Open tabs means things I want to read and not forget about before I actually get around to doing so. Once they're read, they're closed. They've served their purpose then!

So I usually have several tabs open at once, though often nowhere near 20. Maybe like 10 at the most. Any more than that and things start to feel cluttered and nope I'll be closing tabs by then regardless.

Years
  • Most of the time I have at least two tabs open while i'm online (Marriland and PC), and there will often be at least a couple more based on how many forums in each one there are that I have to look at.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I always scold my brother for having too many useless tabs open. It's pointless, makes it difficult to do anything, and as an aesthetically demanding person really annoys me.

I hate having tabs which shouldn't be there myself, so I close tabs after I finish reading what's on the page.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I like my tabs the way I like my desktop. Clean and clutter free, meaning I have 3 tabs open at most (one left for streaming music) unless I'm doing research for a report.

Years
  • 20 TABS MAN ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! How does your computer even handle that many tabs? Mine would probably blow up due to CPU usage. Obviously no, I don't keep tabs open after I'm done reading whatever's on a page. My laptop just gets so cluttered and laggy that my laptop will have it's fan running on full blast and no I just hate having a bunch of tabs open.

Years
  • Man, if I've got any more than 5 tabs open at a time, I feel like it's too many. Generally I'll stick with 3- Twitter, and if I'm browsing PC, the index + whatever page I'm looking at. When it starts getting into any more than that though, it just feels to cluttered and then I don't actually look at the tabs before I close them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Whenever I'm on some website to read up on a few things, I open everything on a separate tab, and once I'm done looking through, similarly to some of us here, I close.

Around 2008 or so, I had no clue that tabs existed, and I'd find myself opening various windows (which sucked, as it'd slow my computer down); when I'd finally discovered them, I was very thankful, as they seemed to have made browsing a lot more easy and whatnot.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    For me it's pretty simple. I open two windows and arrange them from left to right. On the right side go all tabs containing Youtube stuff (normally two tabs) and on the left side everything else (mostly two or more tabs). Whenever I finish something, said tab gets closed, it's simple as that.

Back