• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    A couple friends have got together to get me a laptop for Christmas, which is good, as I currently have to use a family shared laptop. I lived with my mother when I last played Pokémon, and my father, whom I currently live with, rather disapproves of video games, and would think a 3DS and a game would be a waste of benefits. Ah, well. I'm sure a 3DS emulator will come along soon, but I'd like to have it handheld and wifi-able.

3DS might be a bit too expensive, so if we don't wish, we don't necessarily have to go with one; however, I would definitely recommend picking up a set of 2DS, if we ever get the chance! It's much low and price, and does almost everything we'd find 3DS to be doing. Only thing we'd find ourselves sacrificing is ability to play in 3D, but that isn't mandatory; I don't believe it adds much when it comes to enjoying games.

I haven't been keeping up with anime for last couple of years, until few months ago; I began watching episodes of X and Y, and things seem to be quite intriguing. Although shiny Meowstic would be nice to see, there are many other Pokémon I'd also like to see appearing, with Mega-Rayquaza being one of them.

Rayquaza is more of a Hoenn Pokémon, I understand, but since it's got a mega-form and whatnot, why not take this opportunity to show it off to a wider range of fans? There are those out there who solely watch anime and don't precisely follow games, and I believe it would be nice if Mega-Rayquaza were extended to them.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • New DCC wut

Rayquaza is more of a Hoenn Pokémon, I understand, but since it's got a mega-form and whatnot, why not take this opportunity to show it off to a wider range of fans? There are those out there who solely watch anime and don't precisely follow games, and I believe it would be nice if Mega-Rayquaza were extended to them.

You should check out the Mega Evolution special acts :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ^ this. They've been having quite a fun time showing off the megas in some way shape or form so far anime-wise! And there will certainly be more to come I'm sure.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Sorry to butt in conversation here but I thought this might be the place to ask: Is anyone else in the UK who preordered off the official nintendo store having trouble with the courier, Yodel? :L

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I know Scizor can't fly But does Gliscor has to be like him ???
    Now , Gliscor seem totally useless in a place without Wind .
    Because its ether can't fly without wind Or walk with its shot leg.
    Atleast , Scizor has suitable leg for running & walking .

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Gliscor doesn't precisely fly, but it does glide to get to places. Gliding doesn't require any sort of wind, does it? I suppose it uses its tail to get itself as high as it possibly, and then take it all from there. I'm not sure if I'm making much sense here, but I hope I am! Haha.

Years
  • Yeah, I think Gliscor is a Pokémon that would make some sense if it were actually able to use Fly. It's even the Flyscorpio Pokémon if i'm not mistaken, that would kinda make you think it would be able to use that move. It's a bit weird though, that it learns hardly any STAB moves in the main game.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Some pokemon don't have it easy :( trying to train a Zubat in Color Gen... Uuurgh. Only Leech Life for ages, and bite being normal type.

I only recently realized that Scizor can't fly. Trading in freedom/flight for strength... I think I'd staty a Scyther actually.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I get so mad everytime people say that Mewtwo has no chance Omegamon or Omegamon X even with its Megevolution.
    And Its only because Omegamon is bigger and he has a canon & Sword .
    Truth to be told , Mewtwo only need Psychic to deal with Omegamon. He can use Psychic to crash Omegamon ''Garuru Canon'' like an empty Soda can. And Omagamon trying to hit Mewtwo with ''Gray sword'' its like Wolverine (X-man) trying to hit Magneto (X-mon) with his claw .
    As You Know, Wolverine never able to touch Magneto despite having more Physical strength , Speed and agility .
    The Only chance Omegamon X has is ''All Delete'' Unless Mewtwo disable it.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I only recently realized that Scizor can't fly. Trading in freedom/flight for strength... I think I'd staty a Scyther actually.

Not to mention it apparently loses a lot of speed. It's actually more like a form change than an evolution.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Not to mention it apparently loses a lot of speed. It's actually more like a form change than an evolution.
    Yeah, poor bug :( luckily it got a mega that I believe can fly?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Yeah, poor bug :( luckily it got a mega that I believe can fly?

Unfortunately , There is no Mege Dex that descried any other ability a Megamon get upon Megevolving.
    I mean , I believe Mega Sectile can Fly if he spin his Tail and spark his Seed like ORAS Animated promo.
    Think , If a Gardevoir can create small Black hole then A Mega Gardevoir should able to create big Black hole .
    But there is noway to confirm.

Also , Scizor wing doesn't go though any change after Megevolving .
    But As You See , Scizor's wing is pretty Big enough for flying.
    Spoiler:

Seriously , How Big Scizor's wing has to be for Flying ?
    Stupid Pokemon Dungeon game!!!

Seriously , Scizor speed drop to 105 to 65 !!!
    Does the Producer hate Scizor ? They put so many disadvantage on him !!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well mostly he gains defence, right? Metal armor makes him too heavy to fly and be fast.

Years
  • I was going to say that if Skarmory can fly, then there's no reason that Scizor shouldn't be able to, but then I looked at their info and saw that Scizor weighs more than twice more than Skarmory (even Scyther weighs 11 lb/6 kg more). They're both roughly the same height, so it makes me wonder if Skarmory is hollow or something, or its skin/armor is just a lot lighter than one would expect.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was going to say that if Skarmory can fly, then there's no reason that Scizor shouldn't be able to, but then I looked at their info and saw that Scizor weighs more than twice more than Skarmory (even Scyther weighs 11 lb/6 kg more). They're both roughly the same height, so it makes me wonder if Skarmory is hollow or something, or its skin/armor is just a lot lighter than one would expect.
    The bones of birds irl are hollow, or so I heard, so that might really be it yeah.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If we take its weight into account, it does make sense as to how or why Scizor is unable to fly. Speaking of which, I've always wondering how small, un-evolved Pokémon--Duduo (I hope I'm spelling it right), for example--is able to carry us while taking off and whatnot. The average weight of trainers should be more than them, I believe, at least for most part, so it's actually sort of interesting.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Weight is a big concern, too much weight and it wouldn't be able to get very airborne. And I agree, how could a Pidgey or Spearow hold a trainer that's at least 4 times its weight and still fly around?

Also this is pretty relevant:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Weight is a big concern, too much weight and it wouldn't be able to get very airborne. And I agree, how could a Pidgey or Spearow hold a trainer that's at least 4 times its weight and still fly around?

Also this is pretty relevant:
    Spoiler:

I think the reason why most Bug-types can't learn Fly might be due to the fact insects are small in real life and would be totally incapable of carrying a human despite Bug-type Pokemon tending to be huge compared to their real-world counterparts.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • It would be cool if there was a Bug-type big enough to use Fly since it would probably have a pretty good design. I'm kind of curious to see something like that now.

Years
  • It would be cool if there was a Bug-type big enough to use Fly since it would probably have a pretty good design. I'm kind of curious to see something like that now.

Apparently we have two 5th Gen Bug-types who can use it - Genesect and Volcarona. Ironically, they're both not Flying-types.

Back