• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plasma Steel deck

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
Years
  • Making a deck based on Plasma Steel ability.

3-1-3 line of Klinklang
    2 - Cobalion LT
    2 - Cobalion EX
    1 - Skarmory EX

2 Muscle Band
    2 Float Stone
    1 Life Sew
    3 N
    3 Jun
    2 Lysandre
    1 Cheren
    1 Colress
    2 Skyla
    1 Tool Scrapper
    1 Startling Megaphone
    2 Rare Candy
    2 Energy Retrieval
    2 Switch
    1 Escape Rope
    1 Level Ball
    1 Heavy Ball
    1 Evosoda
    2 Random Receiver
    1 Super Rod
    1 Shauna
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Team Flare Grunt
    2 Prof's Letter

10 Metal Energy

Strategy is simple. Hit early with Cobalions, set up Klinklang by turn 3 to stop the EX-assault that is almost every game in this day and age.
    Any improvements in this deck would be welcome. I only have 2 Cobalion, 2 Cobalion EX and 3 PS Klinklang. Any other Pokemon additions you advise would be nice. This deck falls to Pyroar and Garbodor unless they are catchered and killed by Cobalion EX. But other Fire types it can deal with, i feel. Any weaknesses you spot and remedies would be much appreciated. I play Enhanced Hammer as i had space in my deck and found it very useful to get those DCE's and Plasma Energies out of the game. If i face a Non-EX deck, I can focus on my 5 attackers, none of which are weak. If i am able to set up just one, against a non-Fire deck, I can hold my own. I have beaten many Yveltal/Darkrai and TDK with this deck. Also, every deck has it's weaknesses. VirGen and Plasma TDK have pretty poor matchups with Pyroar.

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
    Years
  • Well, no one replied here :p, but i got some advice at the PTCGO forums.
    So, i edited my deck to help with the fire weakness and it's slow setup time for prize denial and an awesome card i learned about.
    My newer decklist.
    3-1-2 line of Klinklang
    2 - Cobalion LT
    2 - Cobalion EX
    3-2 line of Lucario with Iron armor ability
    2 Keldeo EX

2 Muscle Band
    3 Float Stone
    3 N
    3 Jun
    2 Lysandre
    1 Colress
    3 Skyla
    1 Startling Megaphone
    1 Rare Candy
    2 Switch
    1 Escape Rope
    1 Ultra Ball
    1 Level Ball
    1 Heavy Ball
    2 Evosoda
    1 Random Receiver
    2 Super Rod
    2 Prof's Letter

7 Metal Energy
    4 Fighting Energy

Keldeo is very useful in prize denial especially is opponent has used up his Lysandre(s). Lucario hasnt the weakness to fire, is an evolved pokemon and with muscle band can easily hit for 170 mid-game for only 3 energy and it's ability helps protect it from EXs. This decklist, i think is much more stable than the last one. What do you guys think??

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    How do you set up a counter fast enough to compete with a Fairy deck's tech Reshiram? Just adding cards that hit for weakness or just hit the dangerous Pokemon doesn't mean you beat it. It just adds unnecessary cards to a deck that become totally irrelevant about round five of your nine round state championships when you realize all the 1-X Emboar decks still crush this deck because you can't set up your counters fast enough. I suggest to just go streamline and take out the Keldeo and Lucario and focus on your set up. If you have a use for Rush In, then keep it, but it still isn't a fire counter. This deck should be played for what it is: a metagame call. It is far from a catch-all in terms of what the attackers allow, bit a consistent list sure has a good day when the field is Plasma, Blastoise, and the awkward speed Yveltal decks that don't donk you.

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
    Years
  • How do you set up a counter fast enough to compete with a Fairy deck's tech Reshiram? Just adding cards that hit for weakness or just hit the dangerous Pokemon doesn't mean you beat it. It just adds unnecessary cards to a deck that become totally irrelevant about round five of your nine round state championships when you realize all the 1-X Emboar decks still crush this deck because you can't set up your counters fast enough. I suggest to just go streamline and take out the Keldeo and Lucario and focus on your set up. If you have a use for Rush In, then keep it, but it still isn't a fire counter. This deck should be played for what it is: a metagame call. It is far from a catch-all in terms of what the attackers allow, bit a consistent list sure has a good day when the field is Plasma, Blastoise, and the awkward speed Yveltal decks that don't donk you.

Well, Lucario's ability makes it Steel type and it functions as a good attacker mid-game onwards. I try to set up anything but Klink active on T1. I took out one Keldeo for an Ultra Ball, as you said. Keldeo is useful at times, and when I think it isnt, i just Ultra Ball it away. This deck is for the NEXT standard rotation. Level Ball, Rayquaza and Beach will be rotated out, so most of the fast fire decks such as DragonSpeed or the Emboar decks will be much less useful. Reshiram T1 is bad luck. See, i made this deck to try and win tournaments. I have had great matchups with TDK and Gothielle/Mew/Accelgor, average with VirGen n Yveltal and absolutely horrible with Pyroar/Fire-based decks. Even with the Fire support set, FF, Fire still isnt that popular competitively.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Accelgor rotates out with the dark support anyway. VirGen can still Red Signal your Klinklang and KO with G-Booster, so if you want to help that match up, tech some Startling Megaphones and Spiritomb from the last BW set. If Sableye rotates, Yveltal EX needs techs to compete, but overall, the steel type attacks are incredibly weak and slow. I can't speak for other players, but I'll be playing the little Yveltal in all my Yveltal decks. 50 damage and attaching Energy for one Dark is an awesome attack coming from a 130 non-EX, and, well, Cobalion EX just gets 50 damage from an EX. Little Cobalion can do some work on a reckless Yveltal EX and a three energy little Yveltal. Yveltal decks can KO your Klinklang from scratch when they set up a three energy Yveltal with Muscle Band, Virbank, Hypnotoxic Laser, and Lysandre (and they only need the Laser and Lysandre in hand during that turn) or a two energy Plasma Absol with a Muscle Band, Lysandre, and your full bench. I think your best bet to beat Yveltal is to play relevant counter stadiums, two or three Startling Megaphones (that also help the VirGen matchup), being able to set up a lot of Klinklangs, and having a consistent way of dealing with baby Yveltal that also happens to not be a weak attacker. So, 3-1-3 Klinklang, 3 Megaphone, 3 of some stadium that isn't Virbank, and a Spiritomb or two seems like the way to go with this deck.

Also, fire is totally a thing. Jason Klaczynski played Pyroar Ninetails for Nationals, Ross Cawthorne played some toolbox deck with some fire in it, and Finals had a Charizard EX Pyroar deck in it. So, Pyroar crushes this deck.

My thought is, in a tournament setting, if you don't set this up fast enough, you're gonna get a lot of ties.

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
    Years
  • Accelgor rotates out with the dark support anyway. VirGen can still Red Signal your Klinklang and KO with G-Booster, so if you want to help that match up, tech some Startling Megaphones and Spiritomb from the last BW set. If Sableye rotates, Yveltal EX needs techs to compete, but overall, the steel type attacks are incredibly weak and slow. I can't speak for other players, but I'll be playing the little Yveltal in all my Yveltal decks. 50 damage and attaching Energy for one Dark is an awesome attack coming from a 130 non-EX, and, well, Cobalion EX just gets 50 damage from an EX. Little Cobalion can do some work on a reckless Yveltal EX and a three energy little Yveltal. Yveltal decks can KO your Klinklang from scratch when they set up a three energy Yveltal with Muscle Band, Virbank, Hypnotoxic Laser, and Lysandre (and they only need the Laser and Lysandre in hand during that turn) or a two energy Plasma Absol with a Muscle Band, Lysandre, and your full bench. I think your best bet to beat Yveltal is to play relevant counter stadiums, two or three Startling Megaphones (that also help the VirGen matchup), being able to set up a lot of Klinklangs, and having a consistent way of dealing with baby Yveltal that also happens to not be a weak attacker. So, 3-1-3 Klinklang, 3 Megaphone, 3 of some stadium that isn't Virbank, and a Spiritomb or two seems like the way to go with this deck.

Also, fire is totally a thing. Jason Klaczynski played Pyroar Ninetails for Nationals, Ross Cawthorne played some toolbox deck with some fire in it, and Finals had a Charizard EX Pyroar deck in it. So, Pyroar crushes this deck.

My thought is, in a tournament setting, if you don't set this up fast enough, you're gonna get a lot of ties.

Of all things, VirGen is not gonna be a problem for this deck. I just beat a VirGen deck at it's best. It was an exciting game. She started with a Virizion and Pikachu. I had Klink as my first so I N'd myself. Put a Riolu in play. She attached an Energy and got 2 Genesects and one more Pikachu rolling. I got a Cobalion EX. Heavy Ball and Skyla me ready to Smash Turn then set up the lock. She attached another energy and got 2 Genesects powered up in two turns. I got a Cobalion set up, (but she kept putting me to sleep with Munna) another Klink and evolved into a lucario. I got one Steel bullet in but she powered up a Pikachu. She then Skyarrowed and Red Signaled my Klinklang and G-Boostered it. I sent the Cobalion and was powering up my lucario. She G-Boostered the Cobalion too, using Colress Machine and Grass Energy. I got another Klinklang set up and Lucariod the Genesect with 2 energy and Full health using Lysandre and Muscle Band. She got a Roselia set up on the bench and put my lucario to sleep as i powered up another on my Bench. She then evolved to a Roserade, searched for a Shadow Triad, got the G-Booster back and KO'd me. but my second Lucario was ready in my turn and i got the KO. She then realized sent a Raichu with DCE to hit for 40. I skylad for a switch and righteous edged it for 30 and then she told me she had no grass energy left in her deck as she put a Genesect on the bench. She Junipered and got a DCE and put another Virizion to hit me for 80. I righteous edged again. She Junipered again. And got another DCE. I Junipered to finish the Raichu with a Muscle band. She sent up a Genesect, i retreated to Lucario to win. They had an ideal start!! And i still managed to win. Come on, that means something.

And Yeah, Fire kills this deck. It kills VirGen too. I still see people using VirGen. Yveltal will be a problem for many decks and i can take care of Little Yveltal/Sabyele easily without having to worry about the EXs when Klinklang gets set up. I always give it a float stone and get it ready to attack too, if i have the chance. It's attack isnt bad either. Plus, I am playing in ONLINE tournaments, so we got 30 mins per match which is quite enough.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2015
    I have some Ideas to consider...

1) I really Do not like extra evolutions in decks. It wastes potential for things happening.

2) Pyroar kills this deck. Not just any fire Pokémon, Pyroar. With a 2nd place finish at nationals, people will be competing with it in online tornuments, which will ruin your chances.

3) 1 Rare candy and 2 Evosoda? Really not a quick deck. From experience, pyroar is allot faster than this. It will beat youbefore you can set up.

4) No ACE-SPEC? This deck is slow as is, you need a search card for the Items you put in here.

If you could tell me why you have these the way you had them, I could help out in future posts. Thanks!

Back