• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B&W 3, Gen 3 remakes, or Gen 6

What comes next?

• Black and White 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoenn Remakes

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Generation 6

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Stadium 3 etc.)

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Sequels to Gen 3, or remakes.
And Hopefully a Stadium 3D (remake of 1 & 2 mixed and all 649 pokémon).

Sirfetch’d

And Hopefully a Stadium 3D (remake of 1 & 2 mixed and all 649 pokémon).

I would LOVE to see a stadium 3D. Pokemon Stadium 1 &2 were awesome and to be able to battle with every pokemon would be amazing. Just hope it is nothing like Battle Revolution, it was a massive FAIL.

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
The Hoenn remakes will probably be next. I'm hoping they'll make another Mystery Dungeon, but I don't think it's popular enough for them to do it.
I am looking forward to and dreading Gen 6 at the same time. I just don't think it's going to be here until 2014-15.

Sirfetch’d

The Hoenn remakes will probably be next. I'm hoping they'll make another Mystery Dungeon, but I don't think it's popular enough for them to do it.
I am looking forward to and dreading Gen 6 at the same time. I just don't think it's going to be here until 2014-15.

If they follow the pattern Hoenn remakes should be next. However, they should make them for the 3Ds and I think that Gamefreak would like generation 6 to be the first on the 3ds so we will just have to wait and see.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There is no real set pattern for the remakes though. First set of remakes came out before the third game. Second set came after the third game. Both were games completely incompatible with present games due to hardware conversion.

At this point Gen 6 is as plausible as Remakes.

Also Stadium would come out for the Wii U so I doubt it would be a 3D title as the Wii U isn't 3D enhanced. (still doesn't know date for the Wii U so we could get Gen 6 before the next Stadium class game is released)

Conquest kinda took the Spin off for Gen 5 so I can't see Mystery Dungeon yet or Ranger as Conquest kinda fits the role for both. They are still possible since neither had been updated with Gen 5 Pokemon yet though. Can't see Reshi/Zek as Bad Guys in the new PMD since their biographies are so deep rooted into Unova specifically. They fit in well with Conquest seeing as Nobunaga and the guy with Reshiram had good claims to ruling Ranse and both fit the roles of the two kings/Heros.

I'd shoot for Spin off after B2W2 for the Hand Held until the Wii U comes out so we can get the Gen 5 (hopefully) Stadium (If not then Gen 6 Stadium) game.

Still think Gen 6 and Remakes will be 3DS titles if they appear before Spin offs.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Remakes... I don't think GF would like to lose the possibility to earn some money before 6th generation.

@Xander: That's pretty cool reasoning why PMDs can't be with 5th gen... but Reshi/Zek don't need to be bad guys... Kyurem may fit the role... or they can make Reshi/Zek evil by some other meaning. And once you beat them, they will revert to their original selves.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Absolutely a remake for 3rd gen game! From a logical point: Right after Gen III came out, Gen I was remaked. Just like that, after Gen IV came out, Gen II was remaked. So that after Gen V came out, they should have planned to remake Gen III. There's nothing as BW3, any gen from gen III only had 1 expansion (Emerald, Platinum, and now BW2). And from that point, after the remake, gen VI should come out, but I hope that the pokemon will be much more better. I'm not talking about spin-off game, but who knows about that, huh?

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
I want to see a Hoenn remake and stadium. Although I'm pretty sure Gamefreak doesn't do the stadium games so they could probably work on both at the same time. After that maybe generation 6, not in a big hurry though they'll end up waiting till the anime is nearing an end in Japan and then make it, so they might make another Pokemon Rangers or Mystery Dungeon. Not sure though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I want to see a Hoenn remake and stadium. Although I'm pretty sure Gamefreak doesn't do the stadium games so they could probably work on both at the same time. After that maybe generation 6, not in a big hurry though they'll end up waiting till the anime is nearing an end in Japan and then make it, so they might make another Pokemon Rangers or Mystery Dungeon. Not sure though.

The Anime kinda is near its end. We are getting filler episodes now. Junior Tournament has already shown what the last episode for the tournament entails which just leaves Ash to explore 2 more Game locations (Lancousa Town and Village Bridge if they don't do BlackCity/White Forest) They may have Ash travel from Undella Bay to Seigeha (Can't spell it XD) City and from there to the Unova League, but as for the main story its pretty much over.

Ash493 said:
Remakes... I don't think GF would like to lose the possibility to earn some money before 6th generation.

@Xander: That's pretty cool reasoning why PMDs can't be with 5th gen... but Reshi/Zek don't need to be bad guys... Kyurem may fit the role... or they can make Reshi/Zek evil by some other meaning. And once you beat them, they will revert to their original selves.

One of the two Main Legends is usually the bad guy for the first half which was why I said I didn't see them being worked into the story XD

You face Groudon before Rayquaza in Red/Blue Dungeon and End boss for Time/Darkness/Sky is Dialga. I mean they could do Kyurem just as easily as Reshi/Zek cause he does fit way better than they would. Conquest kinda seemed to absorb Mystery Dungeon and Rangers into one game though xD

Also yes, Stadium is done by an outside company, just like all Spin offs. All are still regulated by The Pokemon Company. Which does include Gamefreak as lead Game development company. They tend to have a list of what gets released when to prevent stacked releases that will kill sales. The new Stadium, like I mentioned before, has an unfortunate wait since the system it could be on isn't out yet.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Watch it be BW 3 just to copy Square and FF 13 lol

If they do remake Hoenn I don't want it for Ds but for 3DS. I would love to see Hoenn in 3D. My only concern is how they would do the game. didn't they say they did not want to go 3D? I'd be really sad if they don't use the 3DS to its full power

TBH a Hoenn remake but for Wii U could be great too. I know that will not happen but still.

Sirfetch’d

I think Hoenn cause it's been talked about the most by fans and I feel like it's perhaps too soon for Gen 6 and I'm not sure they'll make Black & White 3 :)

I agree that Hoenn will likely come next. I hope there is no black and white 3, but the first trilogy in the series might be something that Gamefreak pursues.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I doubt that they'll made B&W 3 as B&W 2 kinda serves as a "third" version. I guess the next one will be Gen 6 and then remakes if they actually plan doing them. There's no way they'll start a Gen with remakes, and I guess nobody wants a Gen 3 remake on the DS. And it's no use making them for DS, as it would take some years to make.

Before switching to 3DS, I'd love to see at least Mystery Dungeon. But since we already got Conquest, which isn't far from that game, it's enough for me.

Sirfetch’d

I doubt that they'll made B&W 3 as B&W 2 kinda serves as a "third" version. I guess the next one will be Gen 6 and then remakes if they actually plan doing them. There's no way they'll start a Gen with remakes, and I guess nobody wants a Gen 3 remake on the DS. And it's no use making them for DS, as it would take some years to make.

Before switching to 3DS, I'd love to see at least Mystery Dungeon. But since we already got Conquest, which isn't far from that game, it's enough for me.

I would really like hoenn remakes for the 3ds but since ruby and sapphire were released, followed by gen 1 remakes, then Diamond and pearl, followed by gen 2 remakes it just seems like gen 3 remakes will follow B&W 2. Also I doubt they will debut the pokemon 3ds games on a remake sadly.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
DS era is nearing it's end. I really see no point in releasing remakes now. Wouldn't it be better to wait for three+ years and get a more advanced remake? Gen V just isn't too far away from Gen III. The only difference is 3D environment. The difference between Gen I & II and Gen III was big. Not just the graphics, but abilities and IVs too.

Sirfetch’d

DS era is nearing it's end. I really see no point in releasing remakes now. Wouldn't it be better to wait for three+ years and get a more advanced remake? Gen V just isn't too far away from Gen III. The only difference is 3D environment. The difference between Gen I & II and Gen III was big. Not just the graphics, but abilities and IVs too.

I wouldn't mind waiting but i would want to see a stadium 3 by this time next year. Would be a great addition to the franchise.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Fist, it sure won't be BW3.
Then I hope it'll be a RSE remake. I'm not sur they'll make a 6th gen BTW, we start to have too many Pokémons now. And as the 5th generation didn't have as much success as the other one, I think we'll soon have not new generations anymore.

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
RSE remakes. Lets face it the ds era coming to an end, less and less people will have the ds and will go on to buy the 3ds. With that happening gen 3 pokemon will become very hard to obtain i can't see them in the eshop (if any ever come) being able to communicate with DPPtHGSS might as well just give us remakes. Plus i think we can say that gamefreak wont want to miss out on the money. While waiting for gen 6 Ash could... heck why make it Ash? Turn the manga into an anime or Turn Black and White 2 into an anime like we saw with the trailer. Conquest would be extremely iffy. I have a feeling whatever they do will surprise us

Back