• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokesurvivors (pg-13, contains language, scenes, and other things recommended for older readers)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 10, 2015
Chapter 1
"Come on! Wake up!" I stretch my paws, yawn, and get out of my den. It's cramped, I might need to clean it up later. My mother's raging, though. "Hurry up! We're late on the prey-hunting!," I hear her scream over and over.
I belong to the Dark team, we all are seperated by type. That's unfair, I think, because what if Fairy starts a battle with us? Anyway, I usually wake up early enough to see the moon. Close to midnight.
But for some reason, I wake up at sunhigh today... to my mom's screams. Apparently, though, according to prophecy,"All Absols wake up to the moon's calling".
"Midnight, hurry up and get your ass down here!" I hear my mom scream some more. When she starts swearing, I know she's mad. I start running to our cave's entrance. The annoying Umbreon named Darkmoon meets me at the prey-pile.
"You're late," said Darkmoon. "Midnight, you havn't been living up to your name, lately." Then she says something I thought she'd never say to me. "Everything okay?"
"Yeah, everythings fine," I reply. "Lets go hunt."
. . . ...........................................
Mom, Darkmoon, and I return with 6 mice. The noon hunters obviously got back... the prey-pile was restocked. We put our catchings in the pile and I got a mouse for myself. Darkmoon looked disappointed for some reason as I went to my cave. When I go into the brown and boring cave, I go to my den. I eat the mouse, letting the delicious flavors linger in my mouth. Then I get to cleaning, or more like expanding.
I start to dig when I see a glowing stone. I back away, and it stops glowing. I walk toward the stone again, and it starts glowing. I touch it, and feel a surge of energy rush through me. It feels painful, yet tingly inside.
I start digging on the other side of the den, in hopings that I don't run into something like that stone.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm afraid that this is way too short for my taste. Chapters aren't just a couple of events and calling it good. Chapters are full of different events and can turn a success story to a devastating tragedy. If I can fit the entirety of a chapter on my screen with room to spare, that's definitely not enough. You shouldn't be able to sit down and finish a chapter in half an hour.

So, before you post a new chapter, I would like to see this one fleshed out a little bit. Try putting in a few more events to the story, because the two you have here aren't enough.

One thing that would help you a lot is working on showing, not telling. If you read any article about writing, then you'll run into this tip every time. It's an incredibly difficult skill to learn, and almost impossible to master. I could go on and on about it, but I would recommend giving a section of this e-book a read. It's not the best example I've run into, but it's good for getting an idea of what the concept is. Feel free to do some research on your own on this. The only way to really get this, though, is to practice, so I would like to see some attempts at this in the future.

It's too short for me right now, but keep at it. Once you feel like it's long enough, shoot me a VM and I'll take a look at it. I'll look forward to you message!

Back