• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Eon Duo

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
  • Eon_duo_Adventures.png

The Eon Duo, Latias and Latios

The Eon Duo is a fan-made term used to refer to the duo of legendaries, Latias and Latios. They are both Dragon/Psychic-type Pokémon, Latias being female-only, and Latios being male-only. Latias' signature move is Mist Ball (50% chance to lower the enemy's Special Attack), and her stats focus more on the defensive side—while Latios' signature move is Luster Purge (50% change to lower the enemy's Special Defense), and his stats focus more on the offensive side.

What are your opinions on Latias and Latios? Who's your favourite of the two and why do you prefer that one, if any? How about their signature moves? <33 Looking forward to hearing your replies!​

Cinderizer

Da Burdlova
    Years
  • Latias, Iv'e always had a thing for Latias. I think her Feminism really stands out in the world of Legendaries, and it doesn't make you have an anime crush on her ( Like Lopunny and Gardevoir ), either. I think she's more Cute than any other pokemon iv'e seen to date! (besides Buneary, but thats just me.)

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • They are both so cute. I love them both so very much. I can't choose. ;-; I also love both of their signature moves. Overall these psychic dragons are just lovely. <3

Years
  • I actually enjoyed using Latias in Sapphire, and had in my party for the majority of the post-game the first time around. I'm sure as an impatient battler, Latios would've suited me a bit better, but the combination of availability and seeing it in Pokemon Heroes made me prefer Latias of the two.

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • My favorite is latios because i like the way he is so protective and cares so much about latias (recently watched Pokemon Heroes and i loved his attitude).
    Latias has the best shiny by far, that gold looks amazing.
    Luster Purge seems superior than Mist Ball + i perfer Luster's animation

My call goes for latios but they are both pretty close

Years
  • I love these two, probably the first duo of legendaries I loved.

Latios was initially my fave of the two, but over time I grew to like Latias as well so I now consider liking both equally. I also love the animations of both Luster Purge and Mist Ball, which I have to admit are cool-looking names for signature moves.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I never was really blown away by the two, but they have grown on me. I guess actually catching them in Ruby and Sapphire made me just a little bit more attached to them :P

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I have to say that Latios has always been my favourite, but it is close! Latias is always a cool choice too, I loved her in Pokémon Heroes and I love the colour red! Latios is just my preferred choice I just think it looks kinda cooler

Years
  • I didn't really utilize them. I try to stay away from Legendary Pokémon though, so that may be why. Of the two, Latias would probably used more by me than Latios. I also don't like their names.

Back