• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Deoxys and its Formes

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
  • Deoxys and its Formes
    Deoxys and its Formes
    Deoxys and its Formes
    Deoxys and its Formes

Deoxys

Originally from the DNA of a space virus that underwent a mutation upon exposure to a laser beam, Deoxys is a Psychic-type Mythical Pokémon revealed in the third generation of games. Deoxys is known as the DNA Pokémon and has four Formes, one being the default Normal Forme—and the others being the Attack Forme, Defense Forme, and Speed Forme. Deoxys' signature move is Psycho Boost and is also Psychic-type.

What do you think of Deoxys? Do you like or dislike this Psychic-type? How do you feel about his Formes? Which one's your favourite and which one's your least favourite?

I personally like Deoxys, but similar to a lot of Hoenn Pokémon, it's nowhere close to being my favourite. Nowhere close to being a least favourite, yeah, but I never really clicked with Deoxys like I have with some other Pokémon. s'; I love Deoxy's Formes though, Attack's my favourite design-wise, and Speed's my favourite utility-wise, I suppose you could say. /o/​

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I do quite like it's speed forme. Thanks to the movie, Deoxys always intrested me. 3rd gen brought a lot of space themed Pokemon, but having a Pokemon actually -from- outer space was awesome XD (remember Rayquaza lives right on the border of space, doesn't actually enter it)
    I'd like to see more episodes of the anime on Deoxys, but nowdays that probably won't happen :P

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • The Pokemon is alright I guess. I personally find the design a little weird for my tastes but each to their own. Out of the forms, I like the Defense one the best. ^^

Years
  • I always felt kinda 'meh' about Deoxys, and it was probably the first time I felt that a legendary Pokemon was unnecessary. And while I have no real preference on the battling capabilities of its formes, I always liked the way that the Speed Forme looked the most.

That said though, the puzzle found on Birth Island in order to encounter Deoxys was one of my favorites, and I wish it had been accessible in the main games, rather than just by an event that most people (myself included) would've missed.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • This is probably my favorite Mythical Pokémon. I've always loved how it looks, in every Forme, though Defense Forme is probably my favorite. Probably something about how its arms look? idk I've never quite been able to pinpoint why that one is my favorite but I digress. Space Pokémon are cool, and I've certainly found Deoxys's backstory to be rather interesting.

Also, this Pokémon in particular got me wondering about why the definition of a "Pokémon" is so loose. Is every non-human living entity considered a Pokémon, or is there some criteria that somehow includes both a bunch of animal-ish creatures and a mutated space virus?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I like deoxys, although speed form does look 10x better then the other ones (except attack maybe)

C2i

Tomorrow never comes; today never ends
    Years
  • Since Emerald was my very first pokemon game, Deoxys (speed forme especially) has a special place in my heart. While I never understood why there had to be a different forme for attack (as opposed to regular forme or just plain attack forme), I thought it really cool back when I was only 8 years old.

I think an interesting revamp of this pokemon for today's games might be an ability that allows the user to access the various formes of Deoxys while in battle to change strategies or even create new ones. That kind of ability would bring some unmatched utility, I think.

As per CUTIEFLY!!!, I also think Speed has the best design of the formes.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Deoxys is really fun. I like it a lot because it's so unique and it's the first Pokemon (I think?) that was confirmed to be from outer space. I really liked how it could also change formes and that these weren't purely aesthetic and actually had changed stats as well. The thing is, I never got to use it in the game before these things were mass cloned and given over Wi-Fi.

Back