• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If money really grew on trees...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • Obviously, everyone would be rich... but, with it would come lots of responsibility. There would also be greed over it.

Anyway, let's say for example... money did grow on trees though. Would you want to have a money tree? How would you protect your tree from others stealing from it? What would you buy if you had a money tree? Do you think certain people should have them and shouldn't have them? We're talking infinite money here people...

Yeah, I got bored again... lol.

pkmin3033

Where have you guys been? Money DOES grow on trees!
    tumblr_mk8h0lio3U1rwm7rho1_400.gif

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • No one would be rich lol. There would be a crazy amount of inflation and increasing unemployment.

Assuming that would be impossible to happen. I would protect my tree by placing it in my backyard, and guarding my home with guns. and alarms of course. With a good water system to protect from fire.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • If money grew on trees the government would cut down every tree they possibly can and most likely make it illegal to grow your own tree's because they wouldn't be able to make profit, we all know it's true. So I wouldn't even bother.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Runaway inflation is already going on because fiat currency really is just paper made from trees. If everyone could be infinitely wealthy at will... well, that's not how money works. Goods are still worth what they are, and throwing bigger numbers at them doesn't ultimately change their value.

To answer the question in the spirit with which it is meant: if I had infinite money I'd use most of it to fund space exploration indefinitely. As for protection of the tree farm, I guess I'd do what I do in Minecraft — grow trees in a large underground chamber. Out of sight, out of mind, as they say; plus digging is either noisy or takes a long time, so any serious break-in would be easily caught.

Last edited:

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    the monetary system would be replaced by the barter economy and I would occupy the wealthy income class as I previously spent all my money on junk to begin with

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I'd become a gardener or a botanist. People would hire me to take care of their money trees, or to make superior trees with better yields. My own trees would be kept in heavily-guarded greenhouses with optimum growing conditions. Maybe I would do some work in the community and help out with their communal trees.

My first thought was to use the money to buy a nice house up in the country, but then I realized that there would probably be more money trees there. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing...

~Psychic

Schwarzer Regen

imagine my name in a fancy color/font, I'm just po
    Years
  • Maybe..
    I'd take the money and save it
    Do so for very much years until I'm mostly rich
    Then I put the money into science research and wait
    ... until they invented pizza growing trees, then use my leftover money to plant them all over the world, and solve global hunger issues maybe :3

Or, I guess, spend or donate the money or such

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Uh...hell yes I would have one. I'd be rich. Who wouldn't want to be rich? Oh, all the watches and shoes I could buy with my infinite stack of cash. Although, I suppose I wouldn't appreciate the things I would buy if I did have that amount of money. Sometimes having too much of something can be a bad thing I suppose. I'm not 100% sure that money is one of those things though, haha.

Years
  • I'd love a magical money tree, since I want to actually be rich for once as I'm a pensioner (aka low income people) and I hate low income.

Drake.

WORK MAKES YOU FREE
    Years
  • If everyone had money trees, then no one would be rich due to the severe amount of inflation. I'd probably hire a team of researchers, botanists, and pathologists in order to develop a parasite or disease that would specifically target these trees. I would then spread this disease among the general population while making sure that my own trees would be shielded and hidden.

If only I had one, however, I would keep it a secret and try to put off from making any huge purchases. Most of the money would probably go into the bank, to be honest.

Years
  • I'd still be poor because of inflation lol ;_;
    But wouldn't it be the same as it is? The rich would have more trees whilst the rest of us have only a few?

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    if money grew on trees i'd be broke because there is currently nothing growing on my trees

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Let there be glorious fire. A brilliant, light reddish-orange shall fill this continent and burn every pesky tree to the ground, sending them to extinction.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I'd still be poor because of inflation lol ;_;
    But wouldn't it be the same as it is? The rich would have more trees whilst the rest of us have only a few?

Well the rich already have their own "money trees" because they get rich off of countries' central banks. So yea, I guess nothing will change lololol.

Back