• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU RMT, any suggestions?

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
  • My old team, which is actually quite good, as lately getting bland to use. I decided I wanted to make a new team, so here it goes.

Machamp @ Lum Berry
    Adamant nature
    No Guard
    240 HP/252 Atk/10 Sp.Def/12 Spe
    DynamicPunch
    Ice Punch
    Payback
    Bullet Punch

Your standard Machamp anti-lead. Most common leads are dealt with, with the exception of a select couple. Azelf and Aerodactyl are dealt with with the appropriate move and Bullet Punch. Sleep inducing leads such as Roserade and Smeargle can't make Machamp fall asleep because of Lum Berry. DynamicPunch can do good damage and confuse bulky leads such as Hippowdon and Swampert. Can also outspeed other Machamp leads with the 12 Speed EVs in exchange for a couple Sp.Def EVs.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
    Naive nature
    4 Def/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
    Stealth Rock
    Earth Power
    Fire Blast
    Explosion

Because Machamp has trouble with a couple leads, namely Metagross, Jirachi, and Skarmory, and also cannot set up Stealth Rocks, I decided to put Heatran in this slot. Heatran can deal with the leads that Machamp can't, and can also set up Stealth Rock. It can also explode on special walls deciding to switch in to it. Shuca Berry is obviously there to help with Heatran's Ground weakness. This Heatran can surprise many player expecting a Choice Scarfed one, too.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly nature
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    U-Turn
    Stone Edge

Flygon gives me and electric resistance so Choice Specs Jolteon doesn't sweep the whole team with Thunderbolt. Flygon is mainly used as a revenge killer and scout, and also has great synergy with Lucario and Heatran.

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    Inner Focus
    252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Swords Dance
    Crunch
    ExtremeSpeed
    Close Combat

Lucario acts as my physical sweeper, with one turn set up. Close Combat can deal with some major damage after a Swords Dance as can the priority in the form of ExtremeSpeed. Crunch is there for Ghost types.

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Timid nature
    136 HP/156 Def/216 Spe
    Natural Cure
    Rapid Spin
    Recover
    Surf
    Thunderbolt

Starmie acts as my Rapid Spinner, removing any entry hazards that can plague my team. Surf is a good STAB attack so Starmie can actually do some damage, and Thunderbolt is there for Gyarados who would normally use rapid spinning Starmie as set up fodder. Recover is there if Starmie needs to heal.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive nature
    U-Turn
    Stone Edge
    Overheat
    Close Combat

Infernape is my wallbreaker. Infernape can easily dispose of Blissey and Skarmory with Close Combat and Overheat respectively. U-Turn is there for scouting, and Stone Edge is mainly there for Gyarados.

I know, this team probably has a ton of problems, but I threw it together in like 5 minutes. So please, if you have any suggestions, feel free to say them.

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A pretty nice team. But where are Starmie and Infernape's EVs?

Anyways, give Machamp 8 or 12 Speed EVs so you can outspeed other Machamp leads and 2HKO with Dynamicpunch.

Your team hates Choice Specs Jolteon since you have absolutely no Electric resists and 2 Electric weaks. In a similar vein, Offensive Zapdos also gives you major problems.

Replace Yanmega with Flygon, who also has a Ground immunity but has greater synergy with your Steel types.

Flygon @Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -U-Turn
    -Stone Edge/Fire Punch

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Why Ice Punch on Machamp? Stone Edge hits harder, and No Guard negates the accuracy issues. I'd replace Ice Punch with Stone Edge.

I'll come back if I spot anything else, but aragorn covered most of it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Why Ice Punch on Machamp? Stone Edge hits harder, and No Guard negates the accuracy issues. I'd replace Ice Punch with Stone Edge.

I'll come back if I spot anything else, but aragorn covered most of it.

I believe the term is "4 Gliscor" lol

Back