• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soul Calibur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: Princess... Zelda? o O;;;;

Anyway, I stand in the same position as Phanima, I may have to pull out for certain reasons, but I'm not positive yet. Only time will tell. ;<

IC: Yoriko held up the piece of paper to her face as if it were a time bomb about to explode, with her thumb and forefinger. Tilting her head to the side she read, "Group numberrrrr.... SEVEN!!!"

Two! What a great number! It was certainly better then 1, because as everyone knew, first was the worst, and second was the best. Pressing her lips together and putting her carefully manicured finger onto the glossy lips, she appeared to be deep in thought as she stared at the sky. In reality, she wasn't thinking of anything in particular. Maybe, 'how long do we have to train here, anyway'? Or, 'I wonder if there are butterflies here?' Or maybe even 'Maybe I'll meet someone fun on my journey??'

But in the end, her thoughts could not be discerned quite so easily, and she looked at the boy eventually, and a sudden onslaught of curiousity slammed right past her, along with a whirlwind of questions.

Grinning at the boy and clasping her hands in front of her neckbone, she pelted the boy with question after question, certainly more then he'd asked, and certainly more in-depth then his questions.

"Where are you from?? What's that weird lookin' short sword called? What group are you in?? Who's your instructor? What are you here for? How old are you????"

It seemed to not occur to Yoriko that all these questions might be personal, and even more so, it seemed not to occur to Yoriko to give the boy any time to answer the questions.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    If you're still accepting late characters...

Name: Parisa Ghurani

Personality: Parisa's funny, and loves to make other people laugh. She's easy to frighten and has a...slower-than-most reaction time. But when she starts battling she uses all her strength. She has a short temper around everyone. When she meets someone new, she's very shy and hardly speaks at all, and when she does her voice sounds unnaturally high-pitched. But once she gets to know you, she's bright, cheerful, kind and outgoing. But at the same time, Parisa is very hateful. Get her angry once, and you might as well never speak to her again. She's easily insulted and hates when people poke fun at her. She has a tendancy to let loose some Farsi curses, a habit which she has been trying to stop for some time now.

Appearance: Parisa has very, very curly dark brown hair up that goes down to her shoulders. It's usually in a ponytail. She has very dark brown eyes and "olive" colored skin, a little lightly tanned. She is a little bit muscular. She wears a bloodred veil over the lower half of her face, so you can only see her nose and up. She can always be seen wearing a flexible black shirt that reveals only her bellybutton, and on her arms are silk armpieces the same shade as her veil. She usually wears short black shorts with a long black silk skirt over it. The skirt has a long cut up the side. She has a string of gold coins that she ties around her forehead and wears as a sort of headband. On her left hand is a matching bloodred glove, affixed to which are more gold coins around the opening.

Birthplace: Esfahan, Isfahan, Iran

Height: 5'4" (sorry, no good with metric... ^_^; )

Weight: 130lbs (again, sorry...)

Birth date: January 5

Blood Type: O+

Weapon: Shamshir

Weapon description: Parisa's shamshir, Rashne, is long, has a gleaming silver blade (which she frequently cleans and sharpens) and a shining gold hilt.

Discipline: Parisa trained herself at a young age the art of swordfighting, watching passerby and picking up their techniques.

Family: Tabor Ghurani, father. Nasrin Ghurani, mother. Tallis Ghurani, younger brother. All alive and well, living in Esfahan - her mother a housewife, her father a merchant, her brother married and raising a family.

History: One January 5th, Parisa was born (pretty important, right?) She lived a very normal and happy life, raised to be a smart and healthy woman by her caring parents. Growing up she didn't have too many friends but was always kind to strangers. She learned to play many instruments and draw. At the age of 14, she began to realize the things happening around her. Her country was in poor shape. She longingly wished to be able to do something. One day she told this to a friend of hers, and some nasty teens nearby heard and remarked, "How stupid! You can't even add 2 plus 2. You'd never be a help to our country!" This statement got to Parisa. It was true, to her, 2 plus 2 made 3, but it still angered her to be told that. Some years later, with the insult still emblazoned in her mind, and Iran in even poorer shape still, she overheard two shady men talking, whispering quickly as if there were no time - about a sword that could revive the dead and bring great power to whoever weilded it. Parisa didn't catch the location of where it was hidden, but Parisa didn't care about that. She didn't even realize that they were worried that someone would soon find it. All she could think of was obtaining that sword and using it to conquer Iran, bring prosperity to her people...and destroying those she hated. For almost 20 years she trained her hardest, every waking moment a chance to become stronger, until an opportunity shone for her to get closer to that sword.

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
  • Mikuru-Chan: This is really good, really extensive and a lot of info on the personality, it's clearly obvious that you should be and will be ACCEPTED

Rivvon: Good sign up, has everything asked for and done to a good level. ACCEPTED

(Man, I really suck at these accepting comments >.<)

IC: The girl had replied that she had been in group seven, before Zyreth had a chance to reply that he was also in group seven, she had bombarded him with questions:

"Where are you from?? What's that weird lookin' short sword called? What group are you in?? Who's your instructor? What are you here for? How old are you????"

"Heh," he had chuckled slightly, "I'll try my best to answer those in order… I came from Greece, my sword is a Greek Xiphos, I'm also in group seven, meaning we both have Shigeru as an instructor, I'm training for a quest to go on Soul Edge and I'm 15 years old." He paused, taking a chance to catch his breath, "But I suppose most importantly, my name is Zyreth, what do they call you?"

He was expecting her to ask a whole new set of questions, about his last name, name origin and other stuff.

Out of the blue, he felt a slight pain in his left side,

"Ow!" Zyreth had whispered while clenching his eyes. He turned around to see that he was given a light cut on his left side; it throbbed a little, but didn't hinder him.

He then noticed the perpetrator of it, it was a man dressed in pink, Zyreth turned to him with a somewhat angry expression on his face, then the guy had seemed to be entranced with 'phoenix' He had actually drooled on the sword.

Wow, the people here are so quirky…

But at least the curious girl didn't injure him, or drool on his sword. Zyreth gently took the sword off the man and watched as the little glob of saliva had seemed to fade into ashes, apparently blood and anything else that dirtied phoenix did the same.

The man had a rather awkward expression on his face, so it was clearly an accident, so Zyreth decided to let it slide. Instead, he gave him a friendly warning,

"You might want to be a little more careful where you walk, you or I may have been badly hurt."

Zyreth gestured at the slight scratch, which hadn't seemed to have scratched his outfit, just his skin, he couldn't tell if he was bleeding though, then again, that was the reason his outfit was red. If the enemy didn't see blood, they couldn't find a weakness. He had picked that trick up from the Greek armies.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    "Ah..." Yoriko glanced at the man who had just bumped into hmmm... Did he say Zeiruth? No, it was slightly different... Zei....Zai...Zyreth! Yoriko glanced at the man who had just bumped into Zyreth and blinked. He would do well in a circus. No, but if he grabbed the audience's stuff and drooled on it, he'd probably get in trouble. Nevermind that though. Yoriko shook her thoughts away and turned to face the boy, who'd reacted in a much calmer way then she herself would've if he'd drooled on Hyoujin and Uta.

"Greece is far! At least, I think it is..." Living in a circus didn't give you much of an education, "So, if you're going after Soul Edge, I guess that means we're either enemies, or allies. Which one is it?! The plot thickens!!" Yoriko squealed in a very childish way, as if the prospect of an unknown future excited her beyond belief. (And it did.)

Yoriko took her time to realize that Zyreth had asked her her own name, and by the time she noticed, she had a whole new round of questions to ask. But holding them back, she set her feet together, side by side and saluted Zyreth, grinning cheerfully as always.

"Gin Yoriko, and my perfoming name is the Flexible Fighter because I was the contortionist show when I was still apart of my troup!" She chirped, dropping her salute and clapping her hands together, "It's very nice to meet you!"

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
  • OOC:
    Two! What a great number! It was certainly better then 1, because as everyone knew, first was the worst, and second was the best.

You forgot minus the finest and zero the hero 1st the worst, second the best, 3rd the treasure chest and 4th the golden dress. *shot* XD

IC: "Well it's nice to meet you as well Yoriko." Zyreth had replied smiling,

She had seemed quite friendly, if she was known as the flexible fighter by her circus troupe, it was assumable that she fought with acrobatic movements; he would see when the training started.

It was clear that she was also on a quest for Soul Edge by her reaction,

"Well, I suppose we would be rivals if you wanted to claim Soul Edge, but if you wanted to destroy it... I guess that means that we are allied." he nodded, "Cuz I know that sword is pure evil, I hope you do. It needs to be obliterated!"

Before he could rant any further about Soul Edge, Shigeru's rough voice filled the air,

"Group number seven, report to me immediately! Your training will begin now!"

"Come on Yoriko, let's go!" said Zyreth as he walked towards the samurai.

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
  • OOC: Miki wanna be seven D=.

IC: "So, this is Spica Training Grounds.."

Charlotté Cãrmichael glanced around the place, according to her, the training grounds weren't very remote, as it appeared like she was in the desert, though the flea market of Spica was still visible to some people, without glasses. Charlotté adjusted her glasses. She had noticed that some people were already at the training grounds, as Charlotté is. Though she kept a fair-head and just rolled her eyes, and just sighed at everyone. They were around her age, though were much different then she expected. Charlotté just wanted some calm always-meditating, never-bothering-Charlotté people. Though, it wasn't going to be that way.

Charlotté was a bit confused, with was very unlikely of her, what were they going to do at Spica Training Grounds, Charlotté then suddenly felt a force come up from behind her, Charlotté just squinted her eyes and then turned around to she who.

"We train here."

Charlotté's eyes widened, it was just like this woman had read her mind. She had russet brown hair, that was very scraggly and twiggy, like Charlotté's own hair, and cerulean eyes, it seemed lilke she was wearing some steel armor that was shaped into her arms, chest, hips, and legs. A bow was strapped around her waist, that looked like it was made from steel, and a pack of arrows were strapped to her back. Charlotté faintly blushed, this woman was very pretty! And she looked very strong as well.

"And you have to pick a group number, and you will be training with that group, you get your group by a piece of paper, which to me is really odd, they should be picking on strengths and weaknesses!" The lady replied in her smooth voice.

"I know!" Charlotté agreed, it looked like some girls were gossiping.

As of then, the lady 'magically' pulled out a small bucket that had pieces of paper written in it, what a way to pick groups! Charlotté thought. Then she reached into the small bucket, took a deep breath and reached into the bucket, and took a paper.

"And my group number is..."

SilverTail

Noble Warrior of Woodsclan
    Years
  • its not too late, is it? ^_^;

Name: Takamine Haru (japanese style of last-name-first)

Personality: He's got a bit of a split personality. On one hand, he is foolish, carefree, relaxed. Your average prankster. But as soon as somone challenges his life, honor, or the life of a friend he goes mad, turning into a full out berserker with no understanding of the word "mercy". A tip, dont get in his way when he gets mad.

Appearance: He stands at about 5'11" and weighs a tiny 99 1/2 pounds, yeah, long and lanky. He wears a tattered old t-shirt, black wrist-gaurds, and a scarf. along with that he wears a black mask that covers his face below the nose(like kakashi off of naruto). He has silver hair that goes down to his waist and red bangs on one side, that go down to his chin, hiding his left eye, which is blue, his right gold. He wears black baggy pants and a belt covered in pockets and pouches. his pants are stopped at the ankle by the leg bandage-socks holding them in place, and he wears straw sandals as well. when not in use the sheilds he uses (or sheild if he puts them together) are strapped to his back like a shell, only smaller.

Birthplace: This world's Japan I guess.

Height: 5'11" (not sure what that would be in cm/m, sorry)

Weight: 99 1/2 Lbs (again, sorry)

Birth date: June 13. (and yea, it is my real birthday!)

Blood: AB+

Weapon: Berserker Sheilds (see below)

Weapon description: Two, interlocking sheilds that can link together into a larger shield for blocking, or ramming, each of which has a flat edge with 2 thick spikes each along the top for use as punching weapons. along the front(when linked together) He has named them/it "Tatsu-kibamaru" (dragon's fang-ring if my translation is correct)

Discipline: He learned from his father, who invented (as far as they know) this fighting style during a battle where all he had was a broken sheild after his sword had been broken. continuing to beat his way through the remaining enemy forces and rein victorious, Haru heard of his victory and asked how his father had done it when he returned. when he explained haru instantly decided that was what he would grow up and use as his fighting style (haru was only about 6 at the time)

Family: his mother, who is living at home and wishing her son luck in his quest.

History: Haru was just your average kid with parents, his father had left for the war. during this time haru had become the 'man of the house' so to speak, and when his father returned he idolised him more so than before. hearing of how his father had helped in the war, using only sheilds, haru decided to go on and follow in his father's footsteps, using shields as weapons. as he did this however, a second personality begin to stirr in him, due to the fact that someone, weilding a demonic shard of the soul edge had killed him shortly after haru had begun his training. his mother believed this 'awakening' of the personality had been caused by coming into close proximity to a shard of the soul edge, and so, several years later, he set off to destroy it, able to now control (for the most part) this new, and destructive side of his mind. He got a few strange looks due to the large shield strapped to his back when he arrived at the camp, but he is used to that.

Last edited:

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • OOC: Oh crap there have been a few posts. Okay I am going to need someones character to introduce themselves to mine or something. Since I have no idea what to do

IC:

Cain finally stepped into the training grounds. It was an okay place. But he had been in better places to train. But he was still looking for the Soul Edge. After hearing about it he learned that in order to continue finding it was to train at the Spica training grounds.

Cain looked at all the other people there. Most of them looked as confused as he was.

"So what happens now?" Cain asked himself. His armor's helm was taken off. But he still achieved some of the intimidation that he usually had with his opponents

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    ((Whoo-hoo, I'm in! ^_^ Sorry, but I'm gonna sprinkle my character's speech with Farsi. She'll say whatever it was in English, too, though.))

Parisa was almost done tieing her hair in her typical ponytail when she was bumped by a passing stranger. She heard an all-too familiar dull snap and let go of her hair in defeat.

Grrr...must this always happen to me?!

The tossed the string that was once a scrunchie onto the ground. Passerby walked on it without taking notice. Why would they be looking at the ground anyways? There were more important things to do than look at the ground. But Parisa looked anyways.

Still looks wet. Did it rain?

She saw a woman pass, elegantly dressed with countless gold bangles.

"B-Be bakh shid! Excuse me?" The lady took no notice. Parisa saw two younger girls walking together, and chatting happily. "Pardon me, but --" They ignored her and walked on.

Oh, great. I am lost in this weird place, and no one takes notice of me.

Turning to find whatever could help her, she noticed a sign bearing "SPICA TRAINING GROUNDS!"

Well at least I'm in the right place. She took off her veil which was covering the lower half of her face. Maybe they'll hear me better if my mouth isn't covered...

At that moment she noticed a lanky man from her ship - certainly he could help her!

Rushing up to him, she jabbered, "Mota assef am, az kodam rah berim? Uh, sorry...where should we go?"

The man shook his head. "I'm as lost as you are."

Parisa stomped her foot. "Ahh...Ayatollah!! The training's probably gonna start soon!"

Grunting, she walked over to a post and leaned against it, sporting a very pouty face.

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
    Years
  • Uria walked on and on until he arrived at the Spica training grounds , where he was to train if he wanted to find Soul Edge. He noticed quite a few people had arrived and that they were probably waiting for the same thing he was.

"Hmmm... What happens now? I don't want to waste my time here if nothing is happening." Uria spoke to himself quietly.

Uria sat down patiently and waited until it was time for everything to begin.

OOC:Sorry if post is short , have stuff to do.

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
  • Silvertail: Oh sorry, I was in a rush before and I missed examining yours, lemme see. *Checks* It's good, but the personality section is slightly lacking, I need four sentences. I know you do have four sentences, but some are really short and should be extended to give just a little more detail. Just extend that and your in, but for now, PENDING

UPDATE: Ok, you extended it, so ACCEPTED

IC: "So what happens now?"

Zyreth had noticed someone say, it was a man in rather impressive armour.

"Yeah, you gotta get a paper that tells you what group you are in from an instructor, go to one of the people carrying the little buckets with the paper in them, that's them."

Zyreth had decided to answer the rather confused man to set him in the right direction,

Shigeru had aken notice of this and had come up to the man and handed him a number.
    The samurai instructor who was then impatient of waiting for so many people had seemed to call out in a voice that was extremely loud,

"THOSE HERE TO TRAIN, COME TO ME AND GET A NUMBER TELLING YOU WHAT GROUP TO GO IN!"

The other instructors had then seemed to pull out signs with nbumbers written on them, which presumably were the numbers of the group they were in charge of.

The people had seemed to stampede towards Shigeru to be first in line, at the rate of people there were, you could say that it was lucky that he was wearing armour.

OOC: This post should direct all of you who have confused caracters. If you wanna meet up with the group on the journey and be in the group ( Which you obviously do) go into group seven so they can al get aquainted and stuff.

Last edited:

SilverTail

Noble Warrior of Woodsclan
    Years
  • (ok, all edited up. I was surprised i got a pending, usually when it hits the second page I cant sign up any more.)

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
  • OOC: WORST POST EVAR </3.

"Seven."

Charlotté Cãrmichael read the piece of paper that that she then dropped. The number 'Seven.' was written in scraggly writing, and in ink. Charlotté sighed, why did she have to get seven? It was her unlucky number, because a seventh kid would mean trouble in Charlotté's family as well. The woman that was just near Charlotté stood up to speak.

"Eh, just go to Shigeru, he's the big guy."

Charlotté Cãrmichael than trotted over to the big guy, and then stood to speak, she was a bit intimidated to talk with him, I mean, she was a lot taller then Charlotté, and she was one of the tallest in Liechen Academy. She didn't feel like talking, but she knew that she had to, to actually do what she really wanted. Though, Charlotté was still a bit confused, what were they going to do to seek the Soul Edge, and how. Charlotté's head spun with those question as she pondered over then. Charlotté Cãrmichael then overcame the intimidating person, and got courage. Charlotté Cãrmichael then asked the man about something;

"Heh, bounjour, watashi no Charlotté Cãrmichael Francois."

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
    Years
  • Uria stepped up next in line after a girl who apparently got the number seven.

"I hope I don't get six or seve-" He was cut off short after he pulled out the number.

It was a seven , the unluckiest number he could ever have next to thirteen. He walked towards the girl and the guy , Shigeru , and stood there waiting for everything to be finished.

"I guess everyone's anxious for Soul Edge.... huh?" He spoke with an exaggerated tone.

OOC:short post alert! AAAAAH!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    ((I'm gonna be a rebel without a clue, and thus my character shall literally be left, without a clue. Also, sorry for the short post.))

Parisa had gotten her number at last.

"Six? Darn, one number less and I could have gotten my lucky 5." Her paper had a thick "7" written on it, which, to her, looked like ۶. She marched up to the man holding up a sign with a bold "7" on it.

"What number is this?" she asked someone next to her, pointing stupidly to the seven on her paper.

"Seven." he replied shortly.

Seven? she thought to herself. Wow, whoever thought of roman numbers must have been cut off from our side of the world.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back