• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Superstitious Pokemon Gaming

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Back when I played Emerald, I had embedded into my head that Premier Balls had a higher chance to catch legendaries, solely based on the fact that I caught both Groudon and Kyogre in Premier Balls, haha. Of course, by Gen IV, I learnt that was false. But, in the back of my mind, I feel like I should always carry Premier Balls when catching legendaries. (funnily enough, I have a dedicated box full of legendaries that have been caught in Premier Balls.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Zeffy--I used to do the same, sort of! Didn't exactly believe that my player would be able to listen to whatever I happen to be saying, but I still thought screaming from time to time, especially when you're frustrated in general and want to move forward (whether it be when capturing a legendary, trying to defeat some Gym Leader or Elite Four, and so forth), things would actually go your way.

Though, it didn't always help, haha. I wish it did.

Shiny Whimsicott

*:・゚✧. :✦*:・゚✧
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
I did down+B for catching Pokémon. I accidentally still do it too.

Also, I have to have a Haunter on my team at all times, or I just seem to flop at games. He's my lucky Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
Down-B for catching pokemon. For a while it was madly mashing all available buttons.

For a long time as a kid, I thought nicknaming your pokemon would increase their luck/strength/leveling. I relied religiously on the name rater's judgement.

I also thought doing certain things with the egg would make it hatch faster. - Like biking. It ended up working, but more due to the fact that I was constantly taking 'steps' and not stopping to battle in the tall grass. (verses the idea that biking was inherently better for the egg)

I got into the habit of trying to obey the 'rules' of the world - Like, if there's a shrine for a certain god pokemon, respecting its boundries or having my character read inscriptions and stand for a while 'paying respects'
Like, it doesn't actually DO anything, but I become more immersed in the world if my character is acting like a person in the world, instead of a telescope into the world for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 15, 2014
Press A+B repeatedly when trying to catch a pokemon. Only way I ever caught legendary pokemon...

pkmin3033

I used to believe that if you ran away from Pokemon in the wild that they'd stalk you and come back repeatedly until you battled and beat them...this came from when I kept encountering what appeared to be the same level 5 Pokemon whilst searching for something rarer...then I'd lose patience, wipe it out, and I'd find something different, or the same Pokemon at a different level. I became convinced you had to wade through common Pokemon and effectively de-populate the patch of grass before something rare would appear. xD

Back