• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Flawless Platinum

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
The twins on the upper part of 204 have their names messed up, it is a bunch of plusses and japanese characters with the player's name tacked onto the end.

He's already mentioned this. It happens to all double battles for some reason.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 22, 2020
HOW DO YOU EVEN START PLAYING THIS GAME? I am using a mac and I have download OpenEmu, MultiPatch, the media fire file for the game, put when I try to apply the challenge mode patch to the 3541 Pokemon Platinum game through MultiPatch (which supposedly supports xDelta), it tells that the patching failed..."Invalid input. This typically means that the file you selected to patch is not the file your patch is intended for.".....What the heck do I do?

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
HOW DO YOU EVEN START PLAYING THIS GAME? I am using a mac and I have download OpenEmu, MultiPatch, the media fire file for the game, put when I try to apply the challenge mode patch to the 3541 Pokemon Platinum game through MultiPatch (which supposedly supports xDelta), it tells that the patching failed..."Invalid input. This typically means that the file you selected to patch is not the file your patch is intended for.".....What the heck do I do?

Hm. First question: Are you using the Platinum ROM that is listed in the Patching Instructions? If you are, then it could be that I need to look into creating a patch that works with Mac-compatible programs. If you aren't using that particular one, try that and see if it works.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
No, I'm using a MAC also (playing on Desmume), and by getting the precise ROM you specified and using Multipatch it worked perfectly.

They might be getting the wrong ROM, I remember when Googling that there was one with almost the exact same name but without the username on the end of it.

(And this is an absolute blast so far by the way. Mars' Purugly was so tough to fight if you don't have a Fighting type (dat Hypnosis and Fake Out and STAB max power Frustration), Fantina took a few tries until I could tank and kill her Gengar, and Maylene took a clutch win to beat. Though right after I lost to Galactic Grunts. Not too far in the game yet but this is an awesome challenge, and I'm glad at least some Pokemon have been buffed already so I can use Pokemon like Chimecho which I've never used before!)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
Hey, just started trying this hack, had a few unexpected defeats, but I like that (Mars was owning me, heh). Having considerably more fun playing this than playing two randomized games at once with one controller, haha.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could like the changes that affect when we get some items (like the PokeRadar and the evolution stones) so we don't have to go on guessing.

Thanks for the hack and good job!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
Hey so i havent been able to open the documentation things and the patching instructions for some reason, so i was wondering if somebody could get me like a pastebin or something of them so that i could read them. I am really excited to play this hack and cant wait to finally be able to play it

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Let me just say that this hack is really flawless.. The level curve is great and a lot of the pokemons became more viable.. Although I lol'd on how tough my rival is... It became a challenge for me instead.. Thank you for this..

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2017
First time playing this MOD, Pretty cool so far, until i can't find Lustrous Orb, tho i can get Adamant Orb in the usual location, aren't both of those suppose to be in the same cave? cuz when i go there i only able to see one Pokeball item on the Left which is adamant orb, Lustrous orb are missing. using v2.8 patch.
Ummm is it just me or anyone else is having the same issue?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
I really like what I see and so far this beats other Plat modded games. I've decided to play this game in place of Platinum for my Poison Monotype Challenge. :) Thanks for the hack and keep up the good work! --- also i've added this thread as a link in my signature to hopefully help advertise. I'll keep you updated if I find anything really out of place or something. Thanks again.

geox123

"Can go all night" Philosopher
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Playing Challenge Mode; after beating the E4 and getting to the hall of fame, the game gets stuck on this screen (Staraptor is first in my party, btw):
menupop.gif
KZxRE0R.png

Is there a fix for this?

EDIT: Nevermind. Problem with Desmume; played it on my actual DS and no problems were found.

EDIT 2: Regirock event/script not working properly? When I walk in to the cave, it never comes out, I just get this message, as if I had already caught it.
Ha1DpAM.png

EDIT 3: Is this where Lugia is supposed to be? It's not there :(
C8r1r8U.png

EDIT 4:No Heatran either; I did talk to Buck's grandpa.
pz49bd0.png

Last edited:

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
@Silverie: They should be. I didn't see anything wrong with that area in the scripts, which is to be expected since I only changed the Wild Pokemon there. I'll see if I can replicate that in-game.
@geox123: Regirock I understand provided you battled the other two. However, Lugia and Heatran should be there, and the scripts line-up. I'll have to see why that might be happening.

I do apologize for my lack of presence these past few months. I have been quite busy. Today was the first true day off I've had since the middle of August between work and school. Version 3.0 is now available, and with it two new versions of Flawless Platinum. Inverse Normal Mode and Inverse Challenge Mode. These are the same as Normal and Challenge Mode with the exception of type effectiveness. As the names imply, the type chart has been reversed relative to Platinum, akin to Gen VI's Inverse Battles (Normal is super-effective against Rock, Steel, and Ghost, etc). There are also a few changes to Pokemon, some of which will hopefully make Challenge Mode's single hardest battle easier (The first rival battle if you chose anything but Turtwig).

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I thought I'd just mention that the event in the trainer school where you hand your rival the parcel causes the game to hang. Nothing happens, except the music keeps playing.

I really like being able to use manaphy at the beginning of the game, and would like to continue playing this hack.

Years
Thanks for making this hack, although I found a bug. Right after receiving the town map, the game appears to freeze. I can't move or anything, but the music is still playing as normal.

Where can I get the Super Rod in this hack?

Last edited by a moderator:

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Okay, the bug involving the game freezing at the beginning is an easy fix. Unfortunately, I learned about it when I was away from my laptop, which is where I do anything related to this, for two weeks. I'm back on it, though, so version 3.1 is out now! And the fact that I am releasing this on December 31st where I live is completely coincidental.

@supanut2000: The Super Rod is available in Canalave City now.

Years
Okay, the bug involving the game freezing at the beginning is an easy fix. Unfortunately, I learned about it when I was away from my laptop, which is where I do anything related to this, for two weeks. I'm back on it, though, so version 3.1 is out now! And the fact that I am releasing this on December 31st where I live is completely coincidental.

@supanut2000: The Super Rod is available in Canalave City now.
Thanks for fixing the freeze! However, I found another weird thing. After I captured Mesprit, it did not disappear like the other legendaries. It's just as if I haven't even capture it at all; despite the fact that it's in the PC. This means that I can battle it over and over again.
Is this a glitch or something?

Years
Sorry but i dont get a togepi egg from Cynthia in the first time after beating Galactic team at the northern building, i only got HM 01, help me please! thank you!

Years
Sorry but i dont get a togepi egg from Cynthia in the first time after beating Galactic team at the northern building, i only got HM 01, help me please! thank you!
How many pokemon are there in your team at the time you're about to get the egg? In my replay I didn't get it since my team was full, but got the egg after I put one pokemon into the PC.

Years
How many pokemon are there in your team at the time you're about to get the egg? In my replay I didn't get it since my team was full, but got the egg after I put one pokemon into the PC.

In the first time i got full team and keep walking to the next city (forgot about that event) after i recognize i have no that egg, i get back to that place with 5 of my team, but nothing happens, so i dont get that egg anymore??

Back