• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: [CLOSED]Map Making Competition - April 2015 [ENTRIES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
  • [CLOSED]Map Making Competition - April 2015 [ENTRIES]

Map Making Competition – April 2015 [Entries]

Introduction:

One day i was Creeping looking at Hashtag's profile, I found the old "Map Of The Month" threads. I kept looking around and I found out that it was discontinued! I don't know why it was discontinued but, That's not important. What is important though, is the fact that i am here to bring back Map of the month! (Kind of) Now, it will be called "Map Making Competition". I will accept all Entries from April 11th to April 30th. Good luck to everyone. so.....GET MAPPING!

Theme:

This Months theme is...............Water Routes!

Rules:

· You may only Submit ONE map per MONTH.
    · No entries will be permitted after April 30th at 11:59 Pm.
    · You may only vote once per month.
    · Asking or bribing others to vote for your map, will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Creating new accounts to vote will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Voting via the thread is not counted, only votes via the poll count.
    · Don't complain that we didn't choose your map.

Examples:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Entry Form:

Map Name: Name of your map must be provided.
    Comments: Any comments you want to make on your map.
    Credits: Please give credits to the artists of the tiles or ROM bases etc. That you have used.
    Map Shot: Post your map in the form of a link, or in a spoiler. Maps not in this form will be rejected.

Hope you guys are glad that there is a Map making competition! Hope to see everyone's Water Routes!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I support this thread! I'm surprised the last one went cold, as you stated. I'll give it a shot... maybe. Im new and dont even know what program to use yet, lol. (I'll search for the info though. Dont worry ;))

Good luck~

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I have a small question and I know it might sound stupid :D,but.....
    By saying "Water Routes" do you mean routes like Kanto Route #21 or like Johto Route #42 and Hoenn Route #103 or an underwater route?
    'Cause all of them are water-related routes ,but the first one is a sea,the other two are lakes and the last one is an underwater portion of a route .

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I have a small question and I know it might sound stupid :D,but.....
    By saying "Water Routes" do you mean routes like Kanto Route #21 or like Johto Route #42 and Hoenn Route #103 or an underwater route?
    'Cause all of them are water-related routes ,but the first one is a sea,the other two are lakes and the last one is an underwater portion of a route .

Any of those work!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Just wanted to ask, how would I go about entering my map, do I post it on this thread or do I send it to the OP as a pm?

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Just wanted to ask, how would I go about entering my map, do I post it on this thread or do I send it to the OP as a pm?

You post it in the thread!

Just fill this entry out!

Entry Form:

Map Name: Name of your map must be provided.
    Comments: Any comments you want to make on your map.
    Credits: Please give credits to the artists of the tiles or ROM bases etc. That you have used.
    Map Shot: Post your map in the form of a link, or in a spoiler.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    You post it in the thread!

Just fill this entry out!

Cool, thanks, I'll post mine in this comment.

Map Name: Route 240

Comments: I've only had access to the Fire Red Rom tile sets, and I do plan on making my own eventually, but for now I have only these, but I think they are quite beautiful standard tile sets anyways.
    This is a tropical route on the far northern side of the region. It connects to another open water route down towards the south, to the west is another route that is the tip of the land peninsula shown here and the rest of the map extends out into a water route, to the east the land extends out into the mainland and opens up into a beach camp/village. The cave entrances lead into underground caverns that have a lot of surfing required in them as well as rock smashing and traveling up waterfalls. The grass areas, although few, hold rare tropical pokemon and are even watched over and maintained by a pokemon researcher who lives in a beach side cottage on his own small island. The sun is always shining intensely here.

Credits: "Fire Red" ROM, Nintendo
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2024
    Map Name: Crescent Lake

Comments: This map is basically a route connecting two towns. In the center is obviously a huge lake shaped sort of like a crescent moon, thus the name Crescent Lake. However, this map is very forest-like. You can find a lot of grass/bug pokemon such as Bellsprout, Wurmple, Shroomish, and more. This map took me just under two hours to make. Also, I am a mapper but I can't really make a ROM because I'm on a mac, so if anyone is interested in my work please message me or Skype me at zznick5000zz

Credits: Just the basic Pokemon Fire Red sprites and textures.

Map Shot: https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2l8kxo6&s=8#.VSq8qVzisss

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Map Name:
    Regular name: Route 6
    BadAss name: Route 6.0
    Comments: This is a remake of the Rout 6 I had in the first Blackened Night alpha back in 2013.
    Now that its gen 5/4 style it got lots more lovein.
    Credits: So many that i will post them as I find them;
    Spoiler:

Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 103
    Comments: This map is of my hack (currently in hiatus), Pokemon Aerial Emerald.
    Credits: Redzb1 for the HGSS Rom base i've upgraded
    Lightbulb15: Little Tree Tiles+Waves that i've recolored
    Map Shot:
    [CLOSED]Map Making Competition - April 2015 [ENTRIES]

GoldenKHRP

GoldenKHRP
    Years
  • Only 8 days left to enter in thhis months Map Making Competition!

I am still working on mine. I hope it will be finished before the due date. Unfortunately I am not yet allowed to post links yet since I am relatively new here. But I don't want to spam on some random topics either. (You know, in order to unlock the "post link" option).

Is it okay if I send my map to you in a PM like I did last time?

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 005
    Comments: This map was made for a popular Pokemon MMO (Pokemon Omega). Nintendo killed it. rip.
    Credits: FireRed rom-base
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I am still working on mine. I hope it will be finished before the due date. Unfortunately I am not yet allowed to post links yet since I am relatively new here. But I don't want to spam on some random topics either. (You know, in order to unlock the "post link" option).

Is it okay if I send my map to you in a PM like I did last time?

That's fine with me!

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    I thought I might put my two cents in, not sure what I wanted to do with the water though!

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back