• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Super training vs EV training?

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
  • In X/Y, there is a new mechanic, super training.
    It seems to train pokemon up in certain stats.
    Why use this instead of the old "EV training" method?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    One of the few perks of Super Training is rewarding, as rewards are presented after each training. It also has that soccer mini-game, so if you were to ask me, Super Training is actually a kid-friendly kind of EV Training. (:

I'd like to note that EV Training with Horde Battles is actually easier than Super Training. (:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Super Training is really just another form of EV training--Game Freak finally decided to let everyone officially know it was a thing with this.

But yeah, the traditional way of EV training (now made faster by horde battles) is still generally the best way to go--lot faster and a lot less effort. Super Training still has its uses though, like if you're going for something more specific than a standard 252/252/4 spread since you get much less EVs per Super Training exercise, which allows for some finer control in some cases.

Like let's say you're making something with a 252/32/220 spread. You're first wanna get that 32 EVs by doing 4 rounds of that stat's level 2 Super Training 4 times, since horde EV training only gives ~25 or 50 EVs per round, making it so you can't get 32 really. Though I suppose you could just get those 32 via single battles and not horde battles too lol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    EV-training is definitely more efficient. If we're looking to spend some time playing mini-games, though, while also raising EVs, super-training might be the better option.

Reactions: Sun
    Back