• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your work space

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • Alright, so I'm curious to see how other people get their writing done. Do you have a designated writing area? What's on it? How is it arranged?

I get all of my writing done on a folding table I have set up in my room. It used to shelve all of my gaming consoles, but I cleared it off a few months ago and turned it into a work desk where I write, draw, and do whatever. I specifically have a lamp in the corner that I always turn on when I'm trying to work. I never use it for anything else, and I'm trying to train my brain to thinking that when the light is on, it's time to work. It's not a perfect solution, but it helps keep me focused. Other than that, I have my stack of colored pencils, some spare writing utensils, and a little scrap box filled with scene ideas/story notes I wrote down and never touched again.

Bay

Years
  • My workspace isn't all that special. In my bedroom I have a desk where I have my laptop, printer, pens/pencils, and notebooks. Lately I've been typing my ideas and stories instead of writing them as I lost one of my notebooks with my more recent ideas and I've been switching putting ideas on Evernote anyway.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Not really. I do most of my work in my writing binder or my iPad. So, wherever I am at the time of planning and stuff, is where I work. XD I'm more of what you would see as a "traveling" writer. I can work anywhere I am at, and I'm content with it. Also, the folding table I do have in my room is for my laptop. It's not a big enough table where I can share both writing and my laptop on.

I keep most of my stuff for writing (my binder, pencil pouch, iPad) on my bed during the day. That way, I have access to them in case of ideas or have that urge to write. Same goes for when I'm spending a day in the living room. I always keep these things close by just in case.

Other than that, I don't have a specific place.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I do all of my writing at my computer desk, since I either write in notebooks or right onto my computer. My desk is wide enough so I can keep pens/paper handy, including anything that's holding research. I can also sit here and write while the computer is on, so if I need to look anything up online, it's right here.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I don't really have much to go except this tiny room of mine. So this has to do as my work space. For everything.

Here, I have a very odd setup because of the multiple things I do. I actually have a desk, with two monitors (one of them normal, the other one is a laptop, which isn't really too mobile because it's made for gaming, so I keep it rooted like a desktop), and a folding table in front of it where my keyboard is. There are some pencils and such on the desk, but I don't use those for writing. (I use them for art) The two monitors are VERY helpful for all sorts of things though. I mostly look at the large main one rather than the tinier laptop, but I use that one for reference materials or maybe just to look at a picture of the character as I write them because that is also quite helpful.

On occasion though, if I feel like it, I can go to another space in the room, using one of the other smaller folding tables I eat my dinner on, and put my tablet on it. It has a bluetooth keyboard and I find that it helps for more concentrated, focused writing if I REALLY cannot get it together. So I have a few options for what I want to do. But I generally prefer my laptop.

All of my ideas are recorded digitally because I type much faster than I write. I use Google Drive so that I can switch between tablet and computer if need be.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    I just write wherever I want to, as long as my mom lets me do so in said places. However, I find myself doing it on computer often.

Back