• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It feels like Gen 5 has been repeated for me on terms of starter evolutions.
Chespin was my favorite and Froakie my least favorite but with the second evolutions they have been switched. It all depends on the final evolution for me, however, so once I see those I'll be able to make my final decision!
Just watch as Fennekin's becomes your favorite final evo ;)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I could see Fennekin final evo looking like this:
fox_witch_c.jpg

PhoenixSoul

I gain strength from my ashes
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
The second stage evolutions of the starters look ok, they aren't something spectacular , but are decent enough to fit my taste. :D

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Copy pasta time...

It's still not computing in my brain that Chespin isn't a reptile. ERROR! ERROR! I think it has a chance of becoming an Ankylosaurus-type thing. Maybe. Sorta... probably not. But yeah, it looks like a cute armadillo that's on its way to becoming a Grass/Rock Type right now.

I love Froakie's evolution. It's head and body shape has changed and it looks sleek and streamlined. I wonder if the white dots on its snout will act as nasal sacks? Anyways, it will probably become Fighting/Water because, even though I knew about the myth of a fighting frog, I saw someone post these strange ninja frogs that are common in Japanese media. These huge, round, sumo-wrestler looking frogs are seen often, I guess.

I'm looking up foxes right now. There's already Ninetales and so far the only fox myth I know is the nine-tailed Kitsune and the Pipe Fox. Info on the Pipe Fox can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuda-gitsune
I'm pretty certain Fennekin is going to be partially psychic, although these foxes are known to possess people (Ghost) and are somewhat of an equivalent to European fairies (Fairy, source Wikipedia). Foxes in general are known as tricksters with otherworldly mental abilities. Also, many of these myth-foxes take the form of humans, explaining Fen's new bipedal posture. EDIT: It did pop into my head Fen's tail could resemble a broomstick (and therefore a witch) but I don't see too much resemblance. What's more witch-like about Fen is that the fur around its hips resembles a skirt or even a dress to me. But back to the broom: I've never seen a split branch be used as a broomstick, haha. If anything I thought it was because foxes live deep in the forest and I guess Fen got a twig stuck in there. It also looks like a wishing stick (it's actually a wishing bone, but you can use pretty much any two-pronged object), which is American, but I'll look up the significance of these 2-pronged sticks (if there is any) in Japanese mythology. And the reason I keep thinking it's Japanese is because of how common their mythological foxes are... It could be a witch but I'm just not so sure. Imma keep updating although no-one is probably reading lol.

So my favorites are Fen and now Froakie.

And of course, I'm not saying I'm a mythology genius. Do some Googlin' and you'll know about myths instantly
12.%20tongue.gif

Years
Copy pasta time...

It's still not computing in my brain that Chespin isn't a reptile. ERROR! ERROR! I think it has a chance of becoming an Ankylosaurus-type thing. Maybe. Sorta... probably not. But yeah, it looks like a cute armadillo that's on its way to becoming a Grass/Rock Type right now.

I love Froakie's evolution. It's head and body shape has changed and it looks sleek and streamlined. I wonder if the white dots on its snout will act as nasal sacks? Anyways, it will probably become Fighting/Water because, even though I knew about the myth of a fighting frog, I saw someone post these strange ninja frogs that are common in Japanese media. These huge, round, sumo-wrestler looking frogs are seen often, I guess.

I'm looking up foxes right now. There's already Ninetales and so far the only fox myth I know is the nine-tailed Kitsune and the Pipe Fox. Info on the Pipe Fox can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuda-gitsune
I'm pretty certain Fennekin is going to be partially psychic, although these foxes are known to possess people (Ghost) and are somewhat of an equivalent to European fairies (Fairy, source Wikipedia). Foxes in general are known as tricksters with otherworldly mental abilities. Also, many of these myth-foxes take the form of humans, explaining Fen's new bipedal posture. EDIT: It did pop into my head Fen's tail could resemble a broomstick (and therefore a witch) but I don't see too much resemblance. What's more witch-like about Fen is that the fur around its hips resembles a skirt or even a dress to me. But back to the broom: I've never seen a split branch be used as a broomstick, haha. If anything I thought it was because foxes live deep in the forest and I guess Fen got a twig stuck in there. It also looks like a wishing stick (it's actually a wishing bone, but you can use pretty much any two-pronged object), which is American, but I'll look up the significance of these 2-pronged sticks (if there is any) in Japanese mythology. And the reason I keep thinking it's Japanese is because of how common their mythological foxes are... It could be a witch but I'm just not so sure. Imma keep updating although no-one is probably reading lol.

So my favorites are Fen and now Froakie.

And of course, I'm not saying I'm a mythology genius. Do some Googlin' and you'll know about myths instantly
12.%20tongue.gif

The stick could also be a reference to illusions...often times they used things such as twigs and leaves to make illusions, or at least it's a theme that appears in anime quite a bit.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Personally I don't see the big deal with stage 1 evolutions. We all know they are the most forgettable ones because we want to get that final evo quick.

Years
Personally I don't see the big deal with stage 1 evolutions. We all know they are the most forgettable ones because we want to get that final evo quick.
That true, but thus far it's all we got to go on for the final evolutions. So it helps create speculation {XD}.

I expect Chespin's final evolution to be a prikly like a hedgehog or a Porcupine and with some orange in it's color scheme.

Snowdrop

Years
The stick could also be a reference to illusions...often times they used things such as twigs and leaves to make illusions, or at least it's a theme that appears in anime quite a bit.

I don't watch anime except for some really old stuff or Ghibli so I wouldn't know. I didn't know that but it's really interesting! I'm not trying to scrutinize you, I'm just really interested in myths so could you provide some examples? :D

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
I may still go with fennekin but that froakie evo is awsome. And come on gamefreak. We all thought chespin was gonna be an awsome knight. sigh. still too early to decide then. Ima wait till the final evos till I decide on a starter

Years
I don't watch anime except for some really old stuff or Ghibli so I wouldn't know. I didn't know that but it's really interesting! I'm not trying to scrutinize you, I'm just really interested in myths so could you provide some examples? :D
Well there's the fox in Inuyasha which uses leaves to transform. There's more but I can't think of any right now.

Snowdrop

Years
Myth-fox that takes human form has been done with Zorua and Zoroark already as well. Fennekin being Bipedial seems to be a staple for Fire starters being mostly bipedial in appearance. Still failed reject of a Magical Girl.

Yep, and that gave it a good double reason for being bipedal! Zorua and Zoroark kind of struck me as werewolves, too, even though they aren't. Nuuuh, I think she's pretty cool-looking, not a failed reject D:

Years
Yep, and that gave it a good double reason for being bipedal! Zorua and Zoroark kind of struck me as werewolves, too, even though they aren't. Nuuuh, I think she's pretty cool-looking, not a failed reject D:
I agree she's awesome :3 I hope that her fur in her final evolution look like a long robe.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
Fennekin's evolved form (Teerunaa right?) looks pretty cool. I wonder if its tail is supposed to be a broom. I don't like the other middle staged starter Pokemon tho. Chespin's evo looks like a green Pignite and Froakie's evo looks too much like Toxicroak to me. I hope the final forms are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back