• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Type Confirmed: Fairy!

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    Having Fairy types super effective to Dragon types was kind of a bad decision in my opinion.

I can see both sides to this. As of now (W2/B2) the only real weakness is other dragon types. This breaks it up to make it not quite as hard to get a dragon type pokemon and defeat them. But at the same time it kinda super nerfed Dragon type pokemon. So it does have its pros and cons.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I see everything in the Fairy egg group being changed except Pikachu/Raichu.

Years
  • I'd secretly like to see Cresselia being fairy type, though thats a stretch. I'm suprised they didn't reveal clefairy as fairy type already, seems more obvious than the jigglypuff line. Even if they don't change more pokemon's types, I hope they just release more fairy type pokemon in general. Though, who knows how many they'll make to start with? I don't remember there being that many steel or dark types at first.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would love to see this! Hopefully this game would have it's first Legendary Fairy trio too n_n I'm not sure about Nymphs, but they seem like they could fit.

Well Nymphs are a type of fairy. That was just something that came to my head. They could also make the Lake Trio part Fairy, but then again they are Legendaries.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Really? Really? Are you sure?

How many Dark types were redistributed? How many Steels were redistributed? The fact that more than one was retyped is a miracle in itself. We may get lucky and get more, but 4 retyped lines is an amazing feat for Gamefreak to pull off.

But how many pokemon were out at the time? 151 others, in which hardly any matched the Dark and Steel types. This time there is 649 others.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I suggested in the chit-chat thread that maybe ALL 3 Starters would be part Fairy. Not likely, but a possibility.

The evil team is Fire Type and Fairy is rumored to resist fire.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    But how many pokemon were out at the time? 151 others, in which hardly any matched the Dark and Steel types. This time there is 649 others.

There were others that could have changed as well.

Rattata could have been dark. Its a rat, it would have been fitting.
    Meowth/Persian could have been dark, they are practically staples for Team Rocket.
    Voltorb/Electrode could have been made steel type.
    Pinsir could have been dark, it looks dark and menacing.

They had potential before but they didn't use any of it. Number then doesn't effect that they could have changed them but didn't. Same with today, they don't have to change any previous Pokemon into new types. They could add nothing but new Pokemon to the new type but they changed 3 old Pokemon into Fairies as well so far.

Even if potential is there we're not guaranteed to get it. Even with that long list of potentials, there's nothing saying that we'll get what we expect. I still say we got lucky with what we got considering what we could have gotten.

I suggested in the chit-chat thread that maybe ALL 3 Starters would be part Fairy. Not likely, but a possibility.

The evil team is Fire Type and Fairy is rumored to resist fire.

I thought they were rumored to be resisted by Fire and Psychic.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Mesprit Azelf Uxie(Psychic/Fairy) Celebi(Grass/Fairy) Jirachi(Steel/Fairy)
    Dragonite or Altaria (Dragon/Fairy)

I think those would all be really good combinations for those pokemon. I also think that the obvious ones like Clefairy and Chansey should be Fairy too. I also think that Drifloon should be Fairy/Ghost.

Nakala Pri

I think what you said there was pretty accurate. Yeah, for a while I had been suspecting Snubbull to be Fairy Type. It is pink and pretty, plus that scary face is oh-so-lovable! :D

I think you named the Pokemon GameFreak is most likely to change. But Gardevoir? I read it on the Pokemon Data Base that it is now Fairy Type. Sure, it hovers around with a pretty bubble and is kind and graceful, but then again... well, Misdreavus could be changed to Fairy/Ghost. It's kind of like a bad omen, but it still holds some Fairy-like qualities.

Plus Skiploom is in the Fairy Egg Group. But it is already a mixed type... Corsola, it has it's chance, doesn't it? It holds a beautiful spike, it can't live in polluted water and in it's own way, is quite delicate. Kingdra certainly has a chance, hey? Like, I could easily see a Water Fairy riding one, but does that count? Celebi... to me, this is very likely. It reminds me of a mythical creature, like a Fairy, I guess. xD Beautifly, why I even mention this, is unknown, but it reminds me of something...

That is my personal opinion. ^^ Through all of this, I say God has his mysteries... But GameFreak has more... >:D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokemon that have a small chance and probably won't be but ones that I would love to see. Dunsparce, the pikachu family, chikorita's family, jumpluff's family, ninetails, whismur's evolution line and mew.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm way to deep into this now x_x

Ok so I redid the calculations for the battle between Gardevoir and Hydreigon and tried to get is on the dot to try and pin point the attack damage.

So far the only spot on numbers I can get is with x2 damage (Dragon Weak to Fairy only)

Fairy Wind is Base of 50 or 60.
    With a base of 50 Fairy Wind does 80-96 Damage.
    With a base of 60 Fairy Wind does 96-114 Damage.

96 was the amount of HP Hydreigon lost. He was set to level 50, had 152 HP. When he dropped down to 56 HP left I did calculations to try and see if I could get the damage to fall to that level.

With x4 damage, a Base 30 does 100-120 damage which is too much as I need to hit 56 on the dot and that gives me 52 HP minimum.

To get x4 Damage to deal 96 as a possible on the range it has to be 24-25 bp which seems too weak for an attack that possibly doesn't have a secondary effect.

Majority of attacks under 30 are multi-hit attacks or special condition attacks like Stored Power which boost based on how many positive stat buffs you added or Knock Off which doesn't change but takes off an equipped item. Then you have extremely weak moves with stronger versions not much further up like Absorb and Leech Life, and the last set in there are Mud-Slap, Bubble, Lick, and Rapid Spin. All four are really weak but have their own merits. I do not see Fairy Wind lumped together with any of these attacks, nor can I see it with 24 Base power (only one of the two that actually hits 96 as a maximum damage as 25 BP has 100 as the maximum.

I think this proves in a way that its only x2 to dragon and not x4 to Dragon/Dark.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Hey PokeChris123, I merged your thread (Other Pokemon becoming Fairy Type?) into the main Fairy type thread as it covered that topic as well. Feel free to continue your discussion here, as well as anything else pertaining to the Fairy type!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Spoiler:

I think this proves in a way that its only x2 to dragon and not x4 to Dragon/Dark.
    Nice dedication dude, I'm impressed haha. I personally don't see Fairy and Dark having any real connection, possibly Dark could be super effective against it but who knows. They just seem like quite unrelated types to me, given that you get evil fairy creatures very often, arguably just as commonly as good fairies. It's still hard to know precisely what the Fairy type is based on (I assume the moon?), but I don't see Dark and Fairy having any notable relationship.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I still dont understand how that guy got all these correct and now he seems to be wrong.Should he be trusted?

He still gets some parts wrong. Pancham's name and reason it was named was wrong and so far he got the Professor's name Wrong as he said the one giving you your starter was Professor Patrice, when we get them from Professor Sycamore.

He got Fairy wrong for the most part missing Ice and getting Dark Relation wrong (if you trust my math that I've been trying to perfect for about a month or so now.)

How I view rumors, they are all fake until Gamefreak proves them real. I really liked the last set, but since they said that the four new Pokemon would have been in this last CoroCoro and weren't they were obviously fake rumors. I didn't expect them to be real, but I still liked them.

Really, you cannot trust anything any leaker says no matter how accurate they may seem.

@Ozzy I dedicated way to much effort into that XD Everytime I looked at it I just tried to get closer and closer to an exact number. I never noticed I could see Hydreigon's HP in the video until I rewatched it so it made me want to go back to check it again.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm hoping Mawile will become Fairy as it's one of those less Disney/ magical girl looking fairies compared to what we have, plus it's based on a demon/spirit.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • He still gets some parts wrong. Pancham's name and reason it was named was wrong and so far he got the Professor's name Wrong as he said the one giving you your starter was Professor Patrice, when we get them from Professor Sycamore.

He got Fairy wrong for the most part missing Ice and getting Dark Relation wrong (if you trust my math that I've been trying to perfect for about a month or so now.)

How I view rumors, they are all fake until Gamefreak proves them real. I really liked the last set, but since they said that the four new Pokemon would have been in this last CoroCoro and weren't they were obviously fake rumors. I didn't expect them to be real, but I still liked them.

Really, you cannot trust anything any leaker says no matter how accurate they may seem.

@Ozzy I dedicated way to much effort into that XD Everytime I looked at it I just tried to get closer and closer to an exact number. I never noticed I could see Hydreigon's HP in the video until I rewatched it so it made me want to go back to check it again.

I dont think he mentioned that Patrice would give you the starters.He just said there is a Proffessor called Patrice.Also i dont think that he was the one who reasoned Pancham's naming , it was just pokebeach.
    When you said last 4 you mean the cats or something else?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I dont think he mentioned that Patrice would give you the starters.He just said there is a Proffessor called Patrice.Also i dont think that he was the one who reasoned Pancham's naming , it was just pokebeach.
    When you said last 4 you mean the cats or something else?

He said the region's professor's name was Patrice. Sycamore was a secondary Professor that gave you a Kanto Starter.

He said Panchum was its name and it was a play on punch'em.

I was talking about the rumor with the water/bug alt evo of shellos and the psychic type eighth note. I think there were two others mentioned, just don't remember them as strongly as I do those two ideas.

Back