• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post of the Week

7/26/15 PotW

• #1 by Esper

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • #2 by maccrash

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • #3 by Lucid

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • #4 by Esper

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spiff

love child
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Pokecommunity, are you sick of spending half your day filling out MofM categories? Do you long for members to praise and adore your amazingly witty and thought out posts? Are you angry that you can't vote for yourself in contests? Then is Post of the Week the topic for you!!

Thanks to meager editing tools for topics I'm gonna have to make a new topic every week. :(

[S-HIGHLIGHT]FAQ[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    Spoiler:

Congratulations to static for winning last week's PotW with 19 votes. I think I speak for the rest of the forums when I say
    1410233924555-great_job_star.bmp

This weeks nominations!!
    Nominated by LORDE ANTE:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8852702&postcount=3
    I could say a lot about David Bowie. He's a babe. A babe with the power. I've listened to all of his albums. Hunky Dory is really good, especially in a I'm-a-misunderstood-kid-and-this-music-gets-me kind of way. Ziggy Stardust is always good. Not as big a fan of Diamond Dogs, Young Americans and the next few albums until Station to Station, which is just golden. Low and Scary Monsters are some of my other favorites before Bowie went weird places in the 80s.

tumblr_naly2sbV7i1tf7p1io1_500.gif

I was so excited when I heard that he was making a new studio album back in 2013: The Next Day. I think it's one of his best.

He's been in some weird movies though. The Labyrinth, of course, but there was this weird 70s scifi one called The Man Who Fell To Earth (where he sports the red hair on the cover of Low) and he's an alien and it's just very... off. I dunno how else to describe it.

Nominated by Spiff:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8862848#8862848
    the year is 2015. it is user shenanigans' 21st birthday in 14 minutes (as of the time of writing this sentence) (in his time zone of Stupid Fucking Italy). now, before we get started I'd like to point you all to this post I made on his birthday last year (weird to think I've known this dude for Nearly Two Years) even though it's nigh unreadable considering the censors. but it all still stands and it is all still mostly up-to-date and beautiful and well worth the read if you're interested in many deep, dark, dirty secrets that Mr. Shenanigans has to offer. enough about That SHite. moving on

a little about shenanigans. I'm going to tell you all of this in a manner similar to the style exercised in his birthday post to me made 17 days prior. shenanigans likes to engage in a lot of debauchery. shenanigans does things such as horse tranquilizer, even though I'm pretty sure that phase of his life has more or less come to a close but one can never be too certain and I'm sure he still enjoy a spot of it every now and then. shenanigans has a girlfriend who exists in the Real Life 3 Dimensional Sphere, which in and of itself would probably cause a fair few PC members to quiver in their boots at the thought of Real Life Intimacy. that's the only shot I'm gonna take at anyone in this whole thing, possibly. shenanigans sends me long, long messages that contain lots of biology BullShit. he uses our skype message as a clipboard sometimes. to paste things in willy-nilly. to Fuck Up the conversation. I digress. shenanigans lives in Italy and freaked out when he witnessed his first thunderstorm there. shenanigans is the least likely candidate for an administrator on a Pokemon forum that I've ever met, and I've met a lot.

but. more than all that. shenanigans is the best friend I've made here by a country mile and legitimately one of my best friends of all time, online or otherwise. in coming here I did not expect to stick around for very long. me and Obscure User 'Luck Hax' (long gone, I think) wanted to find another place to satiate our innermost desires for a place to hang out and call our 'internet home.' it worked for me, but not so much for him, as time has told. I clicked on shenanigans' page and was greeted by this picture as his profile picture. I don't expect that to mean much to many of you but it meant a lot to me because that is the album art of a really niche indie rock album that I didn't think anyone had listened to, much less an administrator on a Pokemon forum. I messaged him about that. etc. little did I know that I was coming into contact with one of the most fun, Interesting, witty & unpretentious people I've ever met. little did I know that two years later I would still be having in-depth conversations with him about whatever the fuck. little did I know that I'd come to care about him this much. this is getting sentimental. Yieskes

it is time to embrace the sentimentality. there was a period of time in December last year where shenanigans went M.I.A. and basically fell off the grid for a little while. details aside, it was legitimately an incredibly difficult time for me because I had No Idea what the fuck was going on and I was concerned. I'd send him a VM or a text or something close to every day even though I knew I wasn't going to be getting a response. it was a tough period for me, and I can't even imagine how difficult it must have been for him, really. those couple/few weeks cemented in my mind how Important this random, substance-abusing Pokemon forum administrator had become to me in the months I'd known him. I'm not saying I didn't place a shitton of value in my interactions with him before that, but after being without him for a few weeks, I couldn't believe how much I missed talking to him. but that's enough about That Bullshit.

another reason I love shenanigans: we listen to a lot of albums together and watch a lot of films and it's always interesting to see his reactions to things. it's rare for me to find a person who's got a very similar taste to mine and is actually willing to Experience New Art(?) with me, and that is very valuable to me. our listening sessions are Legendary. yet one more reason I love shenanigans: he indulges my teenage bullshit. every time I talk to a girl that I MIGHT like a little bit MAYBE I tell him because I just can't help myself and he never tells me to shut up about it. that is another thing that I find very valuable because I again cannot help myself and need someone to vent all of that too even though it's not really venting per se. but you get the gist.

okay. this has gone on long enough. Alex, mate, you're one of the best friends I've ever had and I hope you make the most of your 21st birthday and have a Good Time In General All The Time because you deserve it. now it's your turn, PC. don't let this weepy bullshit discourage you because many of you have things to say, I'm sure, and I want to see 439 pages on this topic by the time I wake up tomorrow. it's 12:02am in Italy. meaning I can actually post this now. Love U Mate xoxo

Nominated by Chase:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8854763&postcount=19
    literally just toss some bacon on the floor and I will come running

afel2f.jpg

It didn't work.

Nominated by God:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8850193&postcount=9
    I think I read that the defense team in this trial was intentionally trying to draw the proceedings out, probably to get some distance from the events so that they weren't as fresh in people's minds. But, really, in a case like this there's not much room for discussing what happened and who did what, just what the appropriate response/punishment should be.

I'm also okay with it taking as long as it did. Maybe in this case it was just stalling, but there are plenty of other cases where you really want to take your time. You don't want to railroad someone, as has been done too many times to count.

I also think it's important to remember the people who were killed and injured, rather than the killers. So here are the names of those people:

Jonathan Blunk
    Alexander J. Boik
    Jesse Childress
    Gordon Cowden
    Jessica Ghawi
    John Larimer
    Matt McQuinn
    Micayla Medek
    Veronica Moser-Sullivan
    Alex Sullivan
    Alexander C. Teves
    Rebecca Wingo

Also, Ashley Moser (mother of Veronica, who was 6) who survived as is now quadriplegic. Caleb Medley who suffered serious brain damage. I hope that these survivors, their families, and the families of all the victims can take some solace and find a way to keep moving forward.

votevotevotevote

Sirfetch’d

My vote this week goes to maccrash's post. So well thought out and meaningful. I just love it.

Lucid

Chase, that's like the 7th dumbest post I've ever made. Stop indulging my stupid.

Back