• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Eternal Guardians

Years
  • This is a sketch/pitch for a concept I've worked out on my own for a Pokémon fan game that uses the Cold War as inspiration for both setting and tone. I'd be interested in chatting with like minded individuals who'd like to work on something together.

The Story
    The relationship between the Alta and Glasnovia regions has always been tense. For centuries both regions have competed in all things, from sports, to business, to technology, and even to Pokémon. And for centuries Alta almost always came out on top. Fifty years ago the people in charge of Glasnovia decided to change this, and so began annexing many of the other smaller neighboring regions to accumulate for territory and power. Now Alta sits as their sole remaining neighbor and Glasnovia is prepared to go to war to force the people of Alta into surrendering their autonomy.

The threat of war seems like a distant concern all the way in the mountain town of Cosmet, where you and your scientist father have lived since your parents' divorce. While living in Cosmet, your father has followed his dream of assisting his idol Professor Bernice Sequoia in her research on Pokémon typing, while you attended school, befriending the jockish, immature Caleb and studious wallflower Talisa. Now that you are all on the cusp of graduation, you've each decided to participate in the Pokémon League challenge and see if you have what it takes to become League Champion.

While on your journey you'll get to know your rivals and better understand their motivations for traveling with you. You will also face off against Purity, a terrorist organization that may be part of a larger conspiracy to destroy the Alta region from within. And what that conspiracy has to do with Alta's Eternal Guardians, Legendary Pokémon that are said to guard the region's borders, may be an even greater mystery.

The Alta Region
    The Alta region is loosely based off of the San Francisco Bay Area and will include a rapid transit system that will become available to the player after making a certain amount of in-game progress. The region is broadly divided into East and West.
    *Eastern Alta is characterized by its diverse environments, encompassing snow-capped mountains, a system of caves, forests, grasslands, and a large desert to the south. This is where the player's hometown is located.
    *Western Alta is the home to the Seluna Bay and is the most populous part of the region. The environment consists mostly of coastline and ocean routes.

Update 1: Town Map
    I sketched out a map concept last night, loosely based off of the San Francisco Bay Area (where I used to live), though it also reminds me of the Puget Sound area (where I currently live):

Last edited:
    Back