• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Early Predictions For Gen 7

Years
What will be pokedex ?, the release date, probable storyline and overall concept.

I think the game will likely realease in fall 2016. I am also expecting a darker story with an added feature of forgetting an HM move. The concept can be like black and white or maybe like highly rumoured Plus and
Minus

I personally want to see a Bug/Dragon type pokemon and a dark type gym.

I can also see it getting released on the new Nintendo 3ds, with some really astounding graphics.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
I doubt we'll be getting the next Generation NEXT year. The next Generation VI game hasn't even been announced yet, and we never get two main series games in the same year. There's not enough time for the next game to be announced AND released in 2015, so it doesn't add up. I wouldn't expect Generation VII to hit until at least the middle of 2017, ESPECIALLY when there's still a legendary to so much as officially be ANNOUNCED which we know is a Generation VI Pokemon.

Outside of that... I expect a fairly large Pokedex, as the odd numbered generations are always the ones with a larger variety of new Pokemon, and since Generation VI gave us the fewest new ones we've ever gotten. I -also- expect Generation VII to give us a Kanto remake of some kind, though I'm not sure if it'd just be a re-remake or sort of a sequel. Personally I think a sequel could be kind of cool, but we sort of already got that with Generation II.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I think we need to see some of the unused type combinations (Fire/Poison, Bug/Dragon, Fire/Grass just to name a few) and see a Poison-type Legendary since we don't have one yet and that's one of my favorite types. I think we'll see this sometime in 2017, or possibly in 2018 with the was things are going right now with the lack of a Pokémon game this year. Hard to say what console it will be on since we could be a few years out still.

Reactions: Sun

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
They're going to make a new gen with new Pokemons, I guess! Bu still, I'm kinda predicting a Kanto Game. And honestly, I want one. And I don't want it to feel like a 100% remake, that's how FR/LG felt like.

I want them to add Leaf, the female character in the story, and change the story a bit of course!

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
We definitely won't be seeing it until 2017 at least with the way things are going.

But I love Quajutsu's idea about a Poison-type legendary. That would be so cool to see. But I feel like it would also be a really tough design for Game Freak to pull off without it being a mega Muk.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I want an "Ability Capsule" Type item that changes Hidden Power.

I want a bag slot of Mega-Stone to keep the separate from the other items.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I want an "Ability Capsule" Type item that changes Hidden Power.

I want a bag slot of Mega-Stone to keep the separate from the other items.

Aww, but part of the fun is trying to figure out what Hidden Power's typing is! Although I would like to see a Fairy-type Hidden Power.

And I would definitely like a separate bag slot for Mega Stones.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
So far I can only think of these, I'll definitely return and edit this if I can think of something new.

- Obviously more Megas for Gen 7.
- The games will make their debut at N3DS.
- Has Amiibo features and figures for the series.
- Female main antagonist.
- Lotta Water-types and Normal per usual.
- Fire and Ice remain rare in quantity.
- Pseudo-legend is a dual type: Dragon/Fairy.
- Steel/Dragon Pokémonor even Poison/Dragon making their appearance.
- Finally a Mega for Flygon and Milotic.
- Fan anticipated type combinations Fire/Fairy, Dark/Fairy appearing in Gen 7.
- No new Eeveelution or new evolution methods.
- Probably new Pokéballs.

The following is more like a wish list rather than a prediction:
- Dark-type Gym
- Poison-type Gym/Elite Four
- Fairy-type Elite Four
- Electric-type Elite Four
- Steel-type Gym
- Fairy-type Legendary Pokémon
- Ghost-type Legendary
- Poison-type Legendary Pokémon
- Water-type starter evolving as part Fighting-type Pokémon, has high Attack stat and also a Tank.
- Grass-type starter evolving as Fairy-type Pokémon having the highest HP, S. Atk and S. Def among Grass-types, additionally have at least a 100 base Speed.
- Fire-type starter evolving as part Poison-type having the highest Speed among Starters with a lot of status inflicting moves, offensive stats matches Infernape's.
- Grass and Ice-type Pokémon receiving resistance from Fairy-type moves.

Last edited:

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
I think we will more see Ghost type Legendaries and Pokemon in Gen 7 with There will be gyms for the following types (in no specific order) Grass, Ice, Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Fairy, Rock, Steel.It will be a New 3DS/New 3DS XL with New Pokemon X/Y.I think It will happen in the mid of 2016 as to make Pokemon Anime and games better than ever!

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
Years
Here's a wishlist:

- Regular evolutions ALONGSIDE Megas. And please, don't give Eevee anymore evolutions. Espeon and Umbreon were already pushing it.
- 100 new Pokémon, no more, no less.
- The ability to change Hidden Power's type.
- Change Yanmega's typing to Bug/ Dragon, Luxio + Luxray's to Electric/ Dark, and a few other changes to older Pokémon typing.

I'll think of some more later.

Back