• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Kishimoto THIS is what happened!

Outlier

Have you ever been disappointed with the direction a mangaka decided to take their story? Whether it be with a specific character or the overall plot and theme of their manga?

It might sound narcissistic to think that you could improve an already well established and popular series, but let's face it we've all done it in our heads. Or at least I have.

You don't have to give us paragraphs of fan-fiction. Feel free to just give us the cliffs on how you would have changed certain things about the anime and manga you love in order to make it better.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'd personally stop DBZ with the end of Frieza's saga.

Just goes way downhill from there. Would also disassociate it with OG Dragon Ball because the direction is just way too different and off putting.

On the other hand, we get MORE TFS, so actually I think I'll retract my statement.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I'd personally stop DBZ with the end of Frieza's saga.

Just goes way downhill from there. Would also disassociate it with OG Dragon Ball because the direction is just way too different and off putting.

On the other hand, we get MORE TFS, so actually I think I'll retract my statement.

DBZ was nice but I've said it before Goku, Vegeta, Gohan hogged to much screen time which bothers me a lot because a lot of my favorite characters from the series i.e. Chiaotzu become non existent.

Monster Soul was really good and I could see a lot coming from it but Hiroshi Mashima had to end it at the end of the second volume. I would have loved to see a more extended plot and stuff this goes for his other manga Monster Hunter Orage which could have been dragged on for who knows how long as long as Capcom can keep spitting Monster Hunter games out.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I prefer DB but DBZ before the Cell saga, despite having characters that got the draft, actually tried to balance the cast. Krillin actually had a role in the Frieza saga, for example.

It wasn't until Cell saga that it became super saiyan galore.

Back