• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What shinies have you caught?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I'm playing through Emerald again and today I encountered my first shiny! (Okay, not my very first, but my first in Gen 3 and my very first without any shiny encounter boosts like friend safari, shiny charms, etc.) ^^

I had some training to do before taking on Flannery in Lavaridge, so I was grinding against some Numel and Marill on route 112, half paying attention to the game & half falling asleep. I'm running through the grass and dozing off on my pillow, but when I look back up I'm in a battle with a wild SHINY Numel! My heart skipped like 3 beats..lmao. Luckily I was leading with my Swablu, so I put that sucker to sleep with Sing, used Peck twice to get its health down to around half, and caught it with one try. I was soooo excited. What shinies have you guys caught in Gen 3?

Sirfetch’d

The only shiny that I can really remember catching in gen 3 was my shiny Sunkern in Emerald. I did not realize it was even a shiny until well after I had caught it and checked it in my PC. I probably caught a few more but don't really remember them 8(

Years
  • I've only managed to capture two of the four shiny Pokemon I've come across in the third gen games- a shiny Heracross in the Hoenn Safari Zone (can't remember if I caught it on Sapphire or Emerald), and a shiny Shroomish on Sapphire. Funny enough, I don't even remember catching the Shroomish, and being color blind, probably didn't even realize it was shiny when I caught it. I just know that years later as I was cleaning out my boxes before restarting my save file, I saw it sitting there, and was kinda in shock. So for a few years, I always considered Heracross my first shiny, even though I caught that Shroomish much earlier, haha.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • I don't believe I've ever caught a shiny in gen 3. I know, though, that I stumbled upon a shiny Magnemite once, but I had no idea what shinies were back then and I think it didn't even register to me that it looked different, so I killed it. :c

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • That's so awesome, grats! A nice shiny to get too :)
    I've gotten almost all my shinies in 3rd gen. Started with Machop who I transfered to use on my Heartgold team, then Trapinch who became my beautiful shiny Flygon on my Ruby team I treasure, and recently a shiny Seaking in the safari zone who escaped in FR...so I'm grinding non-safari Seaking encounters to get another one xD My only other shiny outside of 3rd gen is a Geodude in Platnium I named nugget...cause it's literally a nugget of gold XD

I know shinies are more common in games the newer they get, but I think I was pretty lucky with those I found in 3rd gen. :) it makes them all more special! I only play actual cartridges too thankfully. I could not imagine getting a shiny emulated....

Tewi

Хорошо
    Years
  • The only shiny pokemon i've ever had is a Sceptile that i've won in a facebook contest. Oh yeah, and a Pidgey on a Emerald Rom-Hack

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Funnily enough, I found a Shiny Groudon once doing a rerun of Ruby a lot whiles back, he's one of the only pre-6th gen Pokemon that I still have with me. I know I had a Hariyama, and two Tentacool (or maybe one was a Tentacruel?) and I think a Rattata? but they're all lost now and I have no idea where they all are. I also ran from a shiny Zubat on accident once. All within Gen 3.

Years
  • The only Shinies i've ever found in Gen III games were Zubat, Golbat & Rattata. I found Golbat & Rattata in Fire Red while i found Zubat as well as Golbat in Emerald.

bossman34

Citizen of Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2018
    Sadly none in third gen. I never actively hunt for them, and unless im looking for a certain Pokemon, I dont spend too much time in the grass

Back