• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- (PS3)

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
Years

• Didn't see a thread for this... But KH 1.5, contains Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Re:Chain of Memories, and Days (except that one redone as a nearly 3 hour movie). Here's the official PAX East trailer; game releases outside Japan this fall (that's for both North America and Europe).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • WOW it's weird hearing KH1!Sora in English in that trailer. @_@ He's so little! I've been playing it in Japanese so I'd forgotten just how different Sora sounds in the first game compared to literally every other game in the series, haha.

Yeah, I imported this because I don't like waiting for KH games and I can tell everyone it's definitely worth buying. Not only is FM included, which was already a good improvement over KH1, but they really made some great upgrades to it. Being able to control the camera with the right analog stick is a godsend and having actions mapped to the triangle button like in KH2 feels much more natural. I'm enjoying this playthrough of FM a lot more than the last time I played a few years back. It's also a bit difficult to deal with, though, because I really don't think KH1's battle system aged well at all if you've been playing the other games in the series. :(

Oh, they also re-did a lot of the music in the game! They re-recorded a lot of it with live instruments. (Or live instrument samples? I'm not really sure!) As someone who's spent a LOT of time listening to all the Kingdom Hearts soundtracks, it's not obvious in every song but any time I hear a "new" song I always have to pause to appreciate it. You notice it every so often in the typical boss battle music or in Destati and in some others it's crazy obvious--for example the suspense theme that plays as Captain Hook tells you to walk the plank in Neverland has a whole new melody in it or something. It was VERY different and it really threw me off-guard. o_O (Sorry, I don't have the KH OST on me right now and I don't remember the scene well despite playing it an hour ago so I can't say which song it is off the top of my head.)

I haven't touched Re:COM yet (saving the personal best for last 8D) but I did watch the cutscenes from Days on Monday and it was really nice seeing it all pretty. (Spoilers for the 358/2 Days part below, obviously.)
    Spoiler:

Reactions: Cid
    Back