• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ou team revisited

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
  • I got my hands on some new pokemon and I changed my team around a bit it needs a lot of work :L

Lead: Suicide azelf
    naive: focus sash
    156atk/100sp.atk/252speed
    taunt
    fire blast
    stealth rocks
    explosion

been messing around with the stat spread fire blast kills the 4x fire weak steels that attempt to set up with only 100 evs it does 50% to ferrothorn in the rain the rest was put in attack to get off as much damage against politoed,deoxys-d or whatever is switched in also twice Ive left a 252/252 reuniclus with 5hp

Revenge killer:Terrakion
    Jolly@ choice scarf
    close combat
    stone edge
    EQ
    x-scizzor
    ev spread is standard x-scizzor never does more than 70-75% to latios

banded scizor
    adamant @choice band
    248hp/252atk/8spd after the help on my previous thread I decided to go with this spread it works nicely
    bullet punch
    u-turn
    pursuit
    superpower

spinner/toxic spikes tentacruel@black sludge
    bold 252hp/236def/20speed
    rapid spin
    toxic spikes
    scald
    protect(should I replace with ice beam?)
    my team really really needs a spinner because of dragonite and cloyster who become useless if rocks is up I tried out starmie for a bit but my team needed something with a little more bulk and toxic spikes was nice too

dragonite@ lum berry/leftovers(I can't decide which one would be better I've been using lum berry)
    adamant
    252atk/4spd/252speed
    ddance
    dragon claw
    fire punch
    roost( might replace with EQ )
    sometimes dies to ice beam or what im assuming was choice banded haxorus's outrage I finally got my hands on a dwf so it immediately replaced my haxorus I would really appreciate help with the ev spread if anyone is willing

cloyster@focus sash
    naive 252atk,4sp.atk,252speed
    shell smash
    icicle spear
    rock blast
    surf

prone to being useless if hazards are up, in a sandstorm vs priority or missing with rock blast or not killing things after one shell smash It doesnt really contribute to my team at all and I already have one set up sweeper so I think I should replace it with something else I might be able to get my hands on the event raikou but it the rash nature viable in the competitive environment and if so what set should I use?

I was thinking
    choice specs 4/252/252
    aura sphere
    volt switch/tbolt
    extrasensory
    shadowball
    could really use some work I dont know what moves I could pick outside of aura sphere and tbolt

or
    4/252/252 @air baloon
    calm mind
    aura sphere
    tbolt
    extra sensory/shadowball

air balloon almost guarantee's a calm mind but because its rash will it have the speed to pull it off?
    please let me know what you think of the ev spreads/movesets and if you notice any threats could easily sweep my team like for instance I have no electric immunty so thundurus-t scarfed in the rain might be a problem
    venasaur is easily dealth with as is herdier(can't rememer the evolved forms name :L) in the sand by terrakion/scizor
    my offensive core is terrakion/scizor and dragonite is my late game sweeper everything else is interchangeable thank you for your time :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Max Special Attack/max Speed is best on suicide lead Azelf. Explosion is no longer effective as of B/W, since it no longer halves Defense before it hits. Replace it with U-turn for scouting purposes.

Earthquake is redundant with Terrakion's Fighting STAB. Replace it with Rock Slide or Sacred Sword for a reliable STAB. Also, you spelled "X-Scissor" wrong.

Protect is still the better option on Tentacruel, since it stalls for extra Toxic damage/Black Sludge recovery.

Hydro Pump >> Surf on Cloyster; the extra power it brings is totally useful.

Since Cloyster does share weaknesses with Tentacruel, you can replace it. But before you do, ask yourself why you'd use Raikou over Jolteon or Thundurus-T. Jolteon is faster, while Thundurus-T hits harder:

Jolteon:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs
    Ability: Volt Absorb

Thundurus-T:
    -Agility
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Focus Blast/Grass Knot
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Grass Knot/Focus Blast
    Item: Expert Belt

or
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Focus Blast
    Item: Choice Scarf

or
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Focus Blast/Substitute
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Leftovers

Murt93

Battle Amateur
    Years
  • Max Special Attack/max Speed is best on suicide lead Azelf. Explosion is no longer effective as of B/W, since it no longer halves Defense before it hits. Replace it with U-turn for scouting purposes.

Earthquake is redundant with Terrakion's Fighting STAB. Replace it with Rock Slide or Sacred Sword for a reliable STAB. Also, you spelled "X-Scissor" wrong.

Protect is still the better option on Tentacruel, since it stalls for extra Toxic damage/Black Sludge recovery.

Hydro Pump >> Surf on Cloyster; the extra power it brings is totally useful.

Since Cloyster does share weaknesses with Tentacruel, you can replace it. But before you do, ask yourself why you'd use Raikou over Jolteon or Thundurus-T. Jolteon is faster, while Thundurus-T hits harder:

Jolteon:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs
    Ability: Volt Absorb

Thundurus-T:
    -Agility
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Focus Blast/Grass Knot
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Grass Knot/Focus Blast
    Item: Expert Belt

or
    -Thunderbolt
    -Volt Switch
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Focus Blast
    Item: Choice Scarf

or
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Focus Blast/Substitute
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Leftovers

Thanks for your input again :) there are a few things up with what you said though
    the term "suicide lead" I thought was set rocks and blow up? if you think explosion is not good enough anymore Instead of replacing it with u-turn I should replace it with a better lead that knows rocks and taunt the first few that come to mind are infernape,and aerodactyl can you think of anyone else? I'm working on a deoxys-d at the moment but its a lot of work so I think I might give up on it(its already ev trained as a deoxys-a for ubers)

after that I like earthquake because of the plethora of electric pokemon that close combat and stone edge are nuetral on i can get a super effective hit and for the dual type steels instead of locking into close combat when I cant ohko the stat drop usually kills me so the nuetral earthquake suits me better in comparison to rockslide/sacred sword which dont grant me much especially on a scarf set but you know your stuff so Ill test it out for a bit and see how it goes

you are spot on for tentacruel maybe I should have thought about it a little more and it would have kicked in :/

the thing about my cloyster is its already evolved so it cant learn hydro pump and I already have one inaccurate move in rock blast so I thought surf would be okay but I'm planning on taking cloyster out now anyway

why raikou over jolteon and thundurus-t
    I never thought about it I kind of just like raikou because its an event pokemon
    I cant get the therian forms at the moment and the incarnate form is banned :L
    but I think your on to something with jolteon because no-one on my team resists electric the only difficult thing is going to be hidden power ice are their any other types apart from ice that would grant it decent coverage? If not I'll just stay going until I get one or request an rng from someone

Thanks a lot :)

Back