• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naturally Matters

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    In any pokemon team, Pokemon's Nature is important to build a crucial team which lead to victory, while you just want to add any caught/starters/gifts or dex completion. Does Pokemom Natures is important or not important to you. Do you always be picky on certain nature and want to be perfect? Are you fine with certain nature (Beneficial/Hindering) nature or neutral nature? If you so, why? I like beneficial and neutral nature. some + nature might have unfavorable to my crucial team.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i never really paid much attention to pokemon nature till just recently. i think the nature is important after reading some information about it. right now, i dont have a favorite nature. im not too picky atm.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Whenever I try to acquire a Pokemon from the wild, I always bring a Synchronized nature lead. It's just prep work for future breeding purposes.

My current playthrough of Y version has all Adamant/Modest sweepers (Chesnaught, Blastoise, Espeon, Flygon, Accelgor, Weavile). Soft resets for the starter, pick up something like Ralts early game and bank on the right nature. Use it to acquire the later party members.

Takes some effort, but that's just how I play. Every one of them super trained/vitamin-inflated before they see their first battle. Yes, I literally super trained my Chespin to the max before I even left the Vaniville Town gate.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I care for natures. A LOT. For me, as a person who nuzzes, I tend to be fine with anything the game throws at me as long as it isn't really horrid like a Modest physically-orientated mon. Well, at least nowadays, that is. At least nowadays......

*tries hard not to rant about his Jolly Quilava*

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    In a normal playthrough, I tend to not care much about natures but if I do find a wild Pokemon that I want for my team with a good nature then it makes for a pleasant surprise. :) Recently, though, I find myself being a bit more picky when catching Pokemon for my team.. for some reason.

Years
  • I don't care about natures much as far as in-game play is concerned, and I'm not that much of a competitive player so yeah that's easy to explain. It is still a fun mechanic though.

ShinySquirtleSquad

ShinySquirtleSquad
    Years
  • If I'm making a competitive team then for sure natures matter, however if I am just playing through a game then I don't really care.

Years
  • In-game, it's whatever; even if it's a hindering nature, whoo, I'll beat the Pokemon League anyway. Competitively, however, it depends; if it's an already powerful Pokemon, I'll try to go that extra mile with it's nature, but usually I don't because of how tedious breeding and hatching is.

Years
  • I became very picky with natures ever since learning about them; I used to notice during my playthroughs of bootleg Emerald that the same Pokemon species would deal/take different amounts of damage even if they were the same levels. Hindering natures aren't really a big deal to most players in-game, but it bothers me a lot knowing that a Pokemon's attack is not dishing out as much damage as it could be.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Natures don't matter much in-game, unless we're going against some very tough opponents such as Frontier Brains. Online, however, they do, as this is where every single stat counts; when battling competitively, it's important to pay attention to them.

Years
  • In game, I don't really consider them at all to be honest even though they can effect certain stats. It can make a very small difference but not big enough for me to be looking out for certain natures on certain Pokemon. I only pick certain natures for Pokemon in competitive battling.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I usually don't, but there have been times where I've searched for at least a nature that doesn't hinder an important stat.

Back