• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When would you, should you use a master ball?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Master Balls are only usefull when you want to soft reset a legendary Pokemon, or you encounter something you really want to catch (like shinies and roaming Pokemon). Everything else is something that can be done with a good strategy and a little bit of patience.

I just wished they would give you more Master Balls, so you can actually SR more legendaries without having to trade other Master Balls from other games...

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • When the first time i play pokemon games, i usually used it on the legendaries because i thought it was really hard to catch them with the other ball. But now, i catch them with any type of balls that i have in my bag. xD

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    When I meet a random Rattata at Route 1

I used one to catch Latias. I think Master Ball should be used on roaming legendary or maybe legendary that have healing move like Mewtwo.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I remember using the master ball in a legendary on bw2. Then I met Latias...I couldnt catch that thing!

So I use the master ball on pokemon that are really hard to catch, like Latios and Latias for example.

ThatSlashGuy

that tech guy
    Years
  • In Pokemon Colosseum, I used to do the "Master Ball Glitch" on Shadow Pokemon, and it worked pretty well but made the game to easy. Still enjoyed the game though.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I only use 'em for roaming Legendaries. If the game doesn't have any, it just sits in my bag or I end up trading it to someone.

I think I used my first Master Ball (Silver) on a Skarmory. No idea why. Maybe I thought it was a new Legendary Bird? *shrugs*

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I used to use my Master Ball on random legendaries before, but now I just don't tend to use it. I'm always thinking that, sure, I could use it to catch a particular Pokemon, but do I really need to? So I just end up saving it, and saving it, and saving it...

Years
  • The main times I remember using mine were on Raikou in Soul Silver (mainly cause it was a roamer, I spotted it before Entei, and the purple on the ball went well with the purple on its back haha) :)

Also on Zygarde on X because by that time I'd caught all the other legendaries in the game.

Back