• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blaze It

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • I dont think its very healthy, but I have heard it helps with PTSD. Regardless, its probably not the best think to do for recreational use. I personally would not try marijuana, but I dont have anything against it.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • I despise it with every atom of my being. Which is ironic considering I live in a city where its legal.

My hate for it stems from one of my few good irl friends who started smoking it and turned into a person I couldn't tolerate to be around, his entire personality just flip flopped.

I don't care really care if it helps with stress or pain, but I'll trust the doctors. So if you're doctor prescribes it whatever, just do it in private.

And don't get me started on how disgusting it smells. -_-

All in all, I think its just as bad as Cocaine, Meth, and Heroin, but that is my extremely biased opinion.

Sir Codin

I don't exactly know how healthy a diet of human flesh could be. Especially American meat; it'd probably be too processed, too fatty, and have 2-million% your daily dosage of ultra-nationalism in a single bite.

Plus eating humans seems to be frowned upon for some reason, but tha-

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, you're talking about marijuana! Man, I totally read it as something else for a second there.

Uh, yeah, I'd say legalize it, but I don't want it near me. I've had roommates smoke and vape that stuff. Smells horrible. It's not that I don't like Amsterdam, it's just that I don't want to smell Amsterdam every time I come home.

But yeah, I drunk alcohol with more abuse than what some people who use cannabis do and with more health defects, so as long as you keep those fumes blowing away from me, we'll be nice.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • WEED IS AWESOME

Ok, it's alright and I'm chill with it and anyone who smokes it, so whatever. I understand why people don't like it too. I'm a fan of it so yeah, blaze it up etc. it helps with my issues and it's fun, so why not? I've got my whole life to enjoy the shit I want to enjoy, so...

Lucid

I think it'd be fine treated as a controlled substance, since I seriously doubt is ever going to be legalized everywhere. It has a ton of medicinal benefits, but when it comes to treating things like depression and anxiety, but it's just a tool, same as any pill, and ultimately still needs to be accompanied with some form of counseling or therapy to be really beneficial. For example, it's not really effective to prescribe someone suffering with depression pot, then send them home to smoke it and sort things out on their own.. And like with a ton of prescription drugs, it can effect different people in different ways. How much you smoke or consume and the actual type of marijuana itself can be the difference between making someone with anxiety really mellow or a lot more anxious. Again, like with prescription drugs, it's not really a one size fits all deal. In regards to long term pain management, something a ton of people struggle with, I think it's an amazing option for people who would otherwise have to rely on opiates, which are pretty rough on the body over time and can create dependency and a string of other problems.

I've used it recreationally on and off for the past 10 years, and I don't use it nearly anywhere as much as I used to these days. For me it's no more severe then having a couple of drinks, only I become much less talkative, and it honestly gives me the best, most sound sleep I've ever had. I'd like to distributed in a controlled setting here. I've been ripped off by getting less then I've payed for more times then I can count, and been robbed at gun point with friends once. So go and buy it from a store without fuss would be nice, and would undoubtedly cut down on crime.

But I mean, yeah, just like with anything else, use it responsibly. If you use it recreationally there's a time and a place. If you know it makes you droopy, maybe don't get stoned out of your mind before going to work, same as you wouldn't clock in piss ass drunk. If someone doesn't like the smell, don't smoke around them, same as you wouldn't with cigarettes. I don't really think it's safe to drive high, I can't and don't, and I've had friends get into fender benders in the past because they zone out. I've known people who all they do is smoke all day and all they talk about is smoking all day, and it's really obnoxious and annoying.. All things in moderation.

Years
  • I'm not going to go into the same detail as Lucid, because wow. But in general my thoughts are pretty similar. I don't think it's really any more harmful than Tobacco or Alcohol, both of which are legal. It even has advantages over them since it can prove helpful to people with both physical and mental illnesses.

Another thing that's great about legalising marijuana, is that it would result in lessoned strain on the prison system and a fairly large amount of government revenue. You make it a controlled substance in which you need to be over the age of 18/21 (depending on where you live) to access, require a license to grow and sell it (a licence that you of course must pay for) and then you tax it the same as alcohol and tobacco. That provides the government with a welcomed boost of revenue that can then be put towards useful projects.

Personally, I have no desire to try it myself. The thought of not being fully in control of my own actions horrifies me. I also would recommend responsible usage for those that do choose to indulge or need it medicinally.

Reactions: Sun

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Why care if someone blazes it, the amount of judgemental people in this world is ridiculous, it's not like it's effecting you so why care? Also the ignorance people have by believing the propaganda surrounding it is insane. It's not like it's gonna kill you like controlled substances do and marijuana IS NOT a controlled substance, it's actually a medicine and it doesn't have to be smoked. I'd much rather have a doctor prescribe a natural medicine than give people God knows what for prescription pills which can be addictive and lethal yet a non lethal drug is illegal. Gotta love the irony, but it's all to line pockets of the pharmaceuticals. If marijuana was legal they would lose a large portion of their money.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • I don't like pot, but I don't care if anyone does it either as long as they're consuming it responsibly (like alcohol.) All in all I think it's the least of all evils when it comes to recreational drugs.

Years
  • It should be properly regulated as part of a larger system that ensures people get proper medical treatment. Some people need help getting by, dealing with pain or other issues, and they shouldn't be denied that. As for recreational use... if there weren't good reasons to legalize it in general I'd be indifferent, but legalizing it would cut down on a lot of the illegal growing that happens all over the place such as in state parks (which ruins them), it would keep lots of non-violent people out of prison, and it would allow hemp to be used as a viable material for clothing and whatever else.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    ... Oh boy.

Cannabis is in the "daily life" category for me. I smoke it every single day several times throughout for medicinal purposes, and sometimes oversmoke my doses for fun too. I haven't been truly sober for 3 years which isn't very long, but I haven't stopped smoking at any prolonged point for 2 of those years. It's that much of a presence in my life right now.

With all that considered, I believe it's okay for me to say that I really appreciate and love cannabis a lot. It has helped me so much so often that there's no way for me to list all of the reasons I love it and believe it should be legal almost if not everywhere. Law wise, I think it's best when marijuana is bound by rules similar to alcohol consumption. If you've ever been to Colorado in the United States you probably know the laws there treat it almost exactly the same way. Can't possess or buy any until you're 21, no indiscreet public smoking (open container laws apply), and there's a limit to the amount of THC you can legally have in your system while driving too. As someone with experience in being on a near-constant high dose of the stuff, I think those laws are really agreeable.

The only ~major~ problem marijuana has been linked to causing in adults who use heavily is bronchitis, which I myself have had 4 times now. Other than that the only dangers it has been associated with are similar to alcohol use minus the liver damage and uncontrollably sluggish body. Cannabis can decline your overall quality of life with very consistent usage through the course of years-- but you'd have to be dependent (like me) to experience a negative impact like that. Otherwise it has far less detrimental effects on your health than alcohol which is obviously a big thing to consider. The key words to most warnings about cannabis all come back to "heavy use", so basically if you don't do that it's almost a flawless high. In today's world with the copious amounts of harmful recreational and prescription drugs that's a pretty sweet feature to have.

So after doing the research alongside my personal experiences, I am supportive of cannabis and I think people who also support it are pretty cool.

Edit: my 2222nd post is about weed. i have no regrets.

Last edited:

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    it always amused me that I could face legal repercussion for possession of such a harmless substance, yet at the same time I could pop into the smoke shop down the street and purchase one of the most intense psychedelics (salvia) and embark on an experience which could seriously disturb my mental welfare, at least temporarily. I know because I've done both and I've seen how bizarre the dichotomy is -- it's funny at first but trust me it loses its novelty. I think we're all well aware of how mild marijuana is compared to even alcohol, but that's not the issue now is it. weed prohibition has always been about money, and until the u.s. government can find a way to overreach their hand and achieve full scale regulation, it's gonna continue to be criminalized on a federal level. either way, people getting arrested for having plant-matter in their pockets is one of the most disturbing things I find about society

I don't think a lot of people understand that marijuana is not some degenerate junkie narcotic lol. guess what, politicians smoke it, doctors smoke it, firefighters smoke it, I know pilots that smoke it for christ's sake. it's not just about the incarceration of non-violent people -- a lot of these individuals provide honest contributions to society, and others are having their futures compromised indefinitely by having these charges on their record. I don't even smoke anymore, but I guess I've just seen the dark side of things, and it's pretty trippy

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I feel like weed is demonized too much, in my opinion. I've heard it's safer than drinking, even. Regardless, I'm fine with it. If you smoke it, that's your damn business, not mine. Not like I'm going to go and smoke weed or anything like that, but you get the point, I suppose.

Back