• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokerus? Ever had it?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Now that I think about it, this is the only generation that I have never had it in. Welp. :(

Sirfetch’d

Now that I think about it, this is the only generation that I have never had it in. Welp. :(

o/ Same for me! Hoenn was the first place I got it. I remember the nurse in Sootopolis telling me about it haha. I think it would have been really cool to have it in GSC but knowing myself I wouldn't have even noticed :[

Ganim3de

Ganim3de
    Years
  • I have just traded a pokemon and I got a Talonflame lvl 100 with pokerus, and I have never heard of it, so I saw it's a poke virus and now I want to know: Is that a good thing?
    That was not clear for me, because some people usually offer to trade a pokemon with pokerus but what does it really change?

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    I remember getting the Pokerus in Crystal after I did the cloning cheat and thought it was cause of that and I'd ruined my save :P

Years
  • My team had such a thing in the early 2000s, with either G/S or R/S/E, although it didn't change that much. Such things can provide a small incentive to keep on playing, although it could perhaps be better formulated. You figure that they kind of improved on this aspect with the hidden island, etc., in R/S/E. In general, it seems to have a bit in common with shiny Pokémon and wandering legendaries, things which have a chance of showing up and hence keep things going over an indefinite time, rather than the game being merely linear. Likewise, the fairly free-roaming Kanto area was also vaguely in this direction, although of course part of the same progression. Pokérus in particular seems a bit niche, though, and wouldn't necessarily motivate players as much as the other two, but it does include a certain, interesting element of variation, as well as perhaps raising the possibility that Marill is merely a Pikachu with midichlorians. The more recent games tend to be generally more direct about such things, though, and as such don't complement such approaches as much.

I have just traded a pokemon and I got a Talonflame lvl 100 with pokerus, and I have never heard of it, so I saw it's a poke virus and now I want to know: Is that a good thing?
    That was not clear for me, because some people usually offer to trade a pokemon with pokerus but what does it really change?
    It's generally seen as a 'good' thing, yes. It improves some things such as levelling up and related hijinks, although it's not that major. This might seem strange, given the label, but you suppose they didn't want to throw debilitating things at the players in such ways, and as such they're vaguely similar to shiny Pokémon.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • I got a Houndour ( now it is houndoom)
    229.gif
    one time and it had PokeRus. I freaked out about it when the Nurse Joy said it have PokeRus. I still have it in my Emerald.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I got PokéRus once in Silver. I don't remember at all where I got it from, or which Pokemon I was training, but I remember reading the speech that the nurse gave at the Center. I didn't know what was going on at the time, since I didn't have Internet access then.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    I actually just got it for the first time a few weeks ago! But I have the best worst luck in the world:

I got it on Silver Kaizo, where EV's are disabled meaning it was absolutely useless for my pokemon. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    What so special? I have tons of PokeRus pokemon in my crystal game but not the G/S games. Tons of Silver and Gold pokemon however. I guess Pokerus is kkoootiess from Crystal

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I must just either be lucky as hell, or have a cracked version of Silver because I swear I used to get Pokérus all the time? Like, to the extent that I thought it was an automatic thing, scripted into the game?

Years
  • Never once in all my years have I had pkrus always wanted it when sun and moon come out would someone trade me a trash pokemon with pkrus would love that.

Years
  • My only Pokemon that had Pokerus that I can recall was in Emerald, I don't even remember what the Pokemon was but I was really confused when Nurse Joy informed about about it when I was healing up my party haha. That save had over 600 hours so I guess patience is key when trying to get Pokerus.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Never had it in Gen 2, didn't even know it existed! When I later learned about it a few years on I thought it sounded really creepy haha. The only time I've had it was in Gen 3 in a play through of Sapphire that I did a couple of years ago, sad times.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    I got pokerus a few years back playing Crystal, and once in Black 2 but those are the only two for me. (yet)

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    I've managed to get loads of Pokémon through wonder trade with Pokerus, but I've never caught any in the wild.

Hmm, I've recently started a new game on my Crystal version, maybe I should go find some :P

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • I've only had my Pokemon get Pokerus on Platinum. I don't remember how, or who got it first, but it's spread to everyone on my main team and to several others I have sitting in my PC.

Back