• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Semi-transparency in graphics not working

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    hey! im in need of help! i know that you are supposed to right click on what you wnat semi transparent.. (like character shadows ect..)

however, my circle under my character stays solid black! any idea on how to change that/edit transparency percentage?

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2015
    What do you mean click? Are you using the graphics importer from RMXP? I think it'd be easier for you to download a freeware like GIMP and edit it's transparency with it. If you don't know to do it, just send me a PM with the graphic you want to change and I'll try to do it for you this time.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    What do you mean click? Are you using the graphics importer from RMXP? I think it'd be easier for you to download a freeware like GIMP and edit it's transparency with it. If you don't know to do it, just send me a PM with the graphic you want to change and I'll try to do it for you this time.

I am using just paint and RPGmaker XP and using the import on rpgmaker xp and right clicking black (says right clock for semi tranparent)

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    The problem is that the color that you are trying to make semi transparent is just plain black.
    For some reason, semi transparency wont apply to the solid black color.
    Try to use a slightly lighter shade of black for your shadows and see if it works.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    The problem is that the color that you are trying to make semi transparent is just plain black.
    For some reason, semi transparency wont apply to the solid black color.
    Try to use a slightly lighter shade of black for your shadows and see if it works.

thank you very much! it worked :)

Back