• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stop certain event pokemon from evolving.

Years
  • I want to make it so the Pikachu you receive at the start of the game can't evolve but other Pikachu's can evolve like in Pokemon Yellow. How can i do this? Thank you!

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • I want to make it so the Pikachu you receive at the start of the game can't evolve but other Pikachu's can evolve like in Pokemon Yellow. How can i do this? Thank you!
    Make a copy of pikachu in the PBS but name it something else like "Sparky" and then write off the evolution part..
    and make the player "Rename" there "Sparky" to something else , now you will have to change other pbs files that have
    Pikachu in them and make sure to copy and paste stuff that you see like TMs...

Years

Essentials has an example of this, actually. There's an exception in the code for evolution, that prevents the Spiky-Eared Pichu from being able to evolve.

The Spiky-Eared Pichu is defined as a special form of Pichu. So just make your event Pikachu a seperate form of Pikachu (you don't even have to make a special sprite so it'll still look the same.)

Then copy and paste this line from Pokemon_Evolution, which in my game is line 832, directly below itself:
    Code:
      return -1 if isConst?(pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:[COLOR="Red"]PICHU[/COLOR]) && pokemon.form==[COLOR="SeaGreen"]1[/COLOR]   # Spiky-eared Pichu
    Change the red to the word PIKACHU in all caps, and the green to whatever form number you used. I have exceptions added to my game to prevent the Team Rocket Eevee from evolving (I need to add an exception to the exception for if you're evolving it into an Espeon), the Eternal Flower Floette from evolving, and Cosplay Pikachu from evolving despite the fact that I probably won't be using it.

Years
  • I'm so stupid, i need to explore the main essentials more. Thank you for answering fast!

I just got unexpected file format on my game again!!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back