• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need Tips For Team

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2012
Ok, I'm just getting back into pokemon and wanted to start off with fire red, but I would like some help with my in-game team.

Raichu
Lvl: 36
Thundershock
Quick Attack
Slam
Thunder Wave

Arcanine
Lvl: 36
Bite
Roar
Ember
Flamethrower

Drowzee
Lvl: 20
Headbutt
Hypnosis
Brick Break
Confusion

Primeape
Lvl: 31
Mega Punch
Focus Punch
Mega Kick
Aerial Ace

Onyx
Lvl: 22
Tackle
Harden
Bind
Rock Throw

Parasect (Catching a Krabby soon)
Lvl: 30
Giga Drain
Counter
Cut
Dig

I also have a Warturtle and Dugrtrio at lvl 33, and I have 4 badges. My questions are how does the team look, and what other moves should I get them to learn? And how far am I behind lvl wise? Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2012
I guess I have a choice between Sabrina ( I think thats her name she's the psychic gym) or the poison gym.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Your team sounds pretty good right now. Try to aim for having a move of each type between all your pokemon. Really helps for the elite 4.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2012
Would you think that a Kingler would be better or a Seadra? and could I evolve the Seadra after I get the new pokedex?

Years
Would you think that a Kingler would be better or a Seadra? and could I evolve the Seadra after I get the new pokedex?
It's up to you. I think Seadra may be a bit more versatile when it comes to attacking moves, i.e. Ice Beam. And yes, after you get the National Dex you can trade it and evolve it, if you have the Dragon Scale.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Well, IMO level-wise you are around 8 levels behind. Every time I play FR, I don't get the 5th badge without all my team Pokemon being level 45-50. The best training spot is left of Celadon City, where the 6 bikers are standing close together. Use VS seeker and battle them.

As for the team itself, it's not bad. You have a good electric & fire Pokemon, I see you want to get a water Pokemon (I'd choose Kingler over Seadra, but that's just because I like its design more). I think you should get a Kadabra instead of Drowzee, though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2012
If you have the option to trade Seadra to evolve it, I'd highly advise you to do what LightningAlex said replace Drowzee with Kababra, but evolve it to Alakazaam first. And yes, train them to a minimum of level 45.

~D

Back