• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Special Feraligatr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hey everyone, I had an idea of a Special Feraligatr in my future team (I'm making pokemon teams right now, I can't battle anyone for the moment, srry)

So the idea of that Feraligatr is to surprise. Pokemon with high defense, like metagross, golem...they aren't usually trained in Special Defense, so I thought I could do more damage with a special Feraligatr.

Here's a little presentation:

Feraligatr: Pitaye Berry/Leftovers/Parma Berry
    Modest (+Spe. Attack, -Attack)
    EV: 252 Special Attack; 154 Speed, 104 Def

MOVESET
    -Hydro Pump
    -Scary Face
    -Ice beam
    -Toxic

I'm not really sure about Hydro Pump, it's a very good attack, but with only 5pp and not really accurate, I think I'd go for Surf. Hydro Pump can do a lot of damage to Bulky pokemon, like Metagross (I saw my friend OHKO with a critical hit, but normally I think it should take 2 hits to K.O. . In theory!

Scary Face is really usefull, it lowers the Foe's Speed, so even if I take a hit, I will be faster the next turn and hopefully do some damage! It could be even better if the Pitaye Berry gives me a boost =D

Toxic is against Special Walls, so then I can switch to another pokemon.

Ice beam against Flying types, Grass, Insect...

What do you think?
    And also, what kind of pokemon would you suggest me to use with him?
    (No Metagross, tyra, Blissey....those kind of pokemon, I don't like using them)
    Thank you, and please, don't be rude =)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • People generally like to stay away from special gatr, cause it does what it does best with it's attack.

Feraligatr won't last long in OU with that moveset.

Toxic can be easily cut of by Bronzong, Skarmory, Heatran and other steel type's

Ice beam can deal with Dragon/Ground and Flying types

Surf can take care of Fire/Ground. But Infernape can easily take it down with 1 or 2 Thunder punches.

People don't tend to use Scary Face either, cause in that turn you use that move you can be OHKO'd already. By Jolteon/Azelf

If you really wanting to use him, go with a UU team, you said you don't wanna use Metagross, Blissey or Tyranitar, their some of the best Pokemon in the OU tier.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Feraligatr shouldn't be used outside of UU as it's outclassed by Gyarados, and in UU, it should only be used as a physical attacker. Gimmicky sets like these rarely work well in competitive battling unfortunately.

Anyway, use the Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A thread next time.

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back