• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Karpstall

Years

• karpstallsucks.png

Looks like Ol' Karpy decided to try Stall again. This team is a lot better than Doomwashingbad, but it's nothing special, either. Hopefully you guys can help me excel with this team.

248.gif
    385.gif
    233.gif
    205.gif
    130.gif
    251.gif

248.gif
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Stealth Rock

Monstrous, bulky lead T-Tar. It's main purpose is to set up Rocks, destroy stuff like Nattorei, or Scizor that switch in on him and stop weather. I was thinking of using Hippo, but it doesn't get the same powerful moves that T-Tar does/can't use attacks as well as T-Tar, nor does it get the SpDef boost from the sand.

385.gif
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - Body Slam
    - Wish
    - Protect

Specially Defensive Haxrachi, it worked wonders for Aero and is pretty cute on this team as well. Its Wish support is extremely helpful, not to mention it's Steel typing and ability to beat or severely hamper Latios.

233.gif
    @ Eviolite
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Thunderbolt

Probably the star of the team. It's sort of like a Mini-Blissey that can hit back. Ice Beam murders Dragons, Thunder Wave hampers threats and Thunderbolt makes my team a lot less Gyarados weak. I kind of want to Substitute one of these attacks for Hidden Power Ground/Fire though, because this thing Walls, but doesn't beat Magnezone, who this team hates to fight.

205.gif
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Payback

So yeah, this thing is kind of bad, but it's great to cause Jirachi switches by laying spikes/spinning. It was a lot more useful when Arghonaut was part of the team, because then it wasn't total Setup Bait.

130.gif
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Waterfall
    - Sleep Talk
    - Rest
    - Roar

Alright, so I was using the Create a Pokemon Arghonaut before this. It pretty much made this team awesome and could easily switch in and beat things that tried to set up on Forretress. After some deep personal thought, I realized that this team could not be used on PC and to ladder seriously, if it had a fake Pokemon on it. With tears in my eyes, I replaced Arghonaut with Gyarados, the next closest thing. I basically just Roar stuff out while walling it with Gyara's cute defensive typing.

251.gif
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 232 HP / 240 SAtk / 36 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Recover
    - Heal Bell
    - Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

The team's adorable little cleric and Leech seed absorber. Leaf Storm generally murders stuff while HP Fire generally murders stuff resistant to Leaf Storm.

Threats:
    530.png
    Excadrill-Gyara does ok here, I guess
    534.png
    Conkeldurr-Gyara Roar
    635.png
    Hydreigon-Never fought one of these but imagine Jirachi or P2 would help here.
    637.png
    Volcarona-Gyara
    639.png
    Terrakion-This will probably end up sweeping me
    645.png
    Landorus-P2
    609.png
    Chandelure-P2, Gyara
    612.png
    Haxorus-Lum Haxorus is annoying, but Jirachi and P2 can usually take down the non-lum ones.
    640.png
    Virizion-Weak to this.
    642.png
    Thundurus-P2, Jirachi
    560.png
    Scrafty-Gyarados, unless it has Thunderpunch
    579.png
    Reuniclus-Jirachi, Gyara
    494.png
    Victini-Gyara
    620.png
    Mienshao-This could cause me trouble
    555.png
    Darmanitan-Gyara
    647.png
    Keldeo-Unrealeased
    649.png
    Genesect-Unrealeased
    641.png
    Tornadus-P2, Jirachi
    380.png
    Latias-P2, Jirachi
    445.png
    Garchomp-P2 at full health? Otherwise I'm sort of in trouble here.
    373.png
    Salamence-P2
    091.png
    Cloyster-P2
    186.png
    Politoed-Celebi
    003.png
    Venusaur-Celebi, I guess?
    038.png
    Ninetails-T-Tar
    454.png
    Toxicroak-T-Tar if it's on the switch, otherwise I'm in trouble
    286.png
    Breloom-This thing is the antichrist, I really need something to beat it.
    132.png
    Ditto-Uh, no idea.
    212.png
    Scizor-Gyarados and T-Tar if it's a switch in. I can usually predict a SD and Fire Blast it.
    272.png
    Ludicolo-Jirachi, probably.
    376.png
    Metagross-Maybe Gyarados or P2?
    392.png
    Infernape-Gyara, but not really. This thing is another nuisance to my team.
    485.png
    Heatran-Gyara, P2, T-Tar when I paralyze it
    149.png
    Dragonite-Annoying, P2 should beat it, but it usually hits it too hard.
    547.png
    Whimsicott-Celebi
    385.png
    Jirachi-I sorta just spam EQs and HP Fires at it until it dies and use Forry to cause it to switch.
    479-wash.png
    Rotom-W-Celebi
    130.png
    Gyarados-P2
    245.png
    Suicune-Celebi or Gyara to roar it out
    141.png
    Kabutops-Celebi
    248.png
    Tyranitar-Jirachi
    472.png
    Gliscor-P2
    EDIT: So are Jellicent and Ferrothorn not considered threats at PBC?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This team doesnt look too bad actually.

Tyranitar wants Sassy max hp and sp.def with Rest over Earthquake with a Chesto Berry to avoid being worn down, this also beats Magnezone quite well.

Trace > Download on P2.

Regardless this team is quite good. However you have a fatal flaw, this;
    images
    aka Rapid Spin. I suggest you put a ghost over Celebi. This would help alot. Cofagrigus might work with Haze to stop SmashPassing shenanigans with Espeon which bounces back Roar.

You could also replace P2 with Chansey or Blissey whom could alleviate your Magnezone problems a little and to Heal Bell away Cofagrigus Rest.

Hope this helps, good luck with the team.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I think this deserves mentioning:

You're team is great. I wish I had something constructive to add, but I don't.
    I hope I can build a team like this someday.

Keep up the good work man.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I'm on the same page as Elf about the ghost thing. Cofagrigus would be pretty good because, as Elf mentioned, SmashPass teams with Baton Pass Espeon (in other words, all of them) don't have to worry about Roar / Whirlwind phazing options because of magic bounce. :P Haze would help out by a lot, as a highly offensive team like a SmashPass team can wreck through stall without a problem (thanks to Espeon reflecting all your setup, and preventing roar/whirlwind phazing).

I don't have much else to say, as it's a really well constructed team. But on P-2 you could give Discharge >> Thunderbolt a shot, and then HP Ground/Fire >> Thunder Wave if you're worried about beating Magnezone. It obviously also helps with other steels as well.

Back