• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Did you mean to say DMG or DMoC? They don't synergies a lot per se, mostly discard foddes and gearstick, recycling spells is nice too.

DMG, which I know sounds weird since it's her deck, it's just she really doesn't do much. Original DM I think just works better in a deck built around itself. DMOC though is probably good in anything that can summon it lol.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
DMG, which I know sounds weird since it's her deck, it's just she really doesn't do much. Original DM I think just works better in a deck built around itself. DMOC though is probably good in anything that can summon it lol.

I totally agree that DM is better in his own deck, of-course he is, DMG isn't a top pick in Magician Girls, but its for the reasons above, its a magician girl, a name for kiwi's effect, its a spellcaster for choco's discarding and special summoning, makes Dark Magic Veil more live. Also Magi Magi and Norito.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
We don't have Magi though :(

In other news, new ban list:

Banned
Performapal Monkeyboard
Kaiser Colosseum

Limited
Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
Ehther the Heavenly Monarch
Kozmo Dark Destroyer
Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin
Beatrice, the Eternal Lady
Emergency Teleport
Pantheism of the Monarchs
Pendulum Call
The Monarchs Stormforth

Semi
Maxx "C"
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Wind-Up Magician

Unlimited
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Allure of Darkness
Gold Sarcophagus

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
We don't have Magi though :(

In other news, new ban list:

Banned
Performapal Monkeyboard
Kaiser Colosseum

Limited
Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
Ehther the Heavenly Monarch
Kozmo Dark Destroyer
Majespecter Unicorn - Kirin
Beatrice, the Eternal Lady
Emergency Teleport
Pantheism of the Monarchs
Pendulum Call
The Monarchs Stormforth

Semi
Maxx "C"
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Wind-Up Magician

Unlimited
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Allure of Darkness
Gold Sarcophagus

Oh. My. Friggin. Goodness. Gracious.
Kirin and Pendulum Call were some of the best cards in my deck! What's next? Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon?!

In lighter news, there's a new Anime card called Cross Xyz. It's basically Xiangke Magician in Spell Card form. Thoughts?

countryemo

Years
Wait, Kaiser is banned? I thought it was only limited. Well Fu. I kinda hate that the reason they did it is just so they don't have to figure out a ruling.

Fine with the rest except E-Tele (My poor speedroids..), Stomforth kinda because some decks like Batterymen it was nice. And why do they keep hitting Magicians? Also, Gold Sarc at 3 seems like a mistake. Allure kinda too. It seems like they don't really want to kill B.A and Kozmo.

Oh. My. Friggin. Goodness. Gracious.
Kirin and Pendulum Call were some of the best cards in my deck! What's next? Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon?!

In lighter news, there's a new Anime card called Cross Xyz. It's basically Xiangke Magician in Spell Card form. Thoughts?

Interesting.. I'll have to give it a test in my Gagagas if they choose to print it. I'm still waiting on the Rank 4 train, TDIL would've been nice. (Not for my Gagagas, but for my machine decks.)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
The Juuishinishi (spelling??) monsters look really cool. It's like the first deck that's coming out that I actually want to build. I'm not even up to date with what's in the packs being released before RATE.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
I'm most excited for Odd-Eyes Rage Dragon. I want to wait until the next episode of Arc V to see its effect, even though it's on YGOPRO.

As for Jushishishishiunnshishishi, it's pretty cool how they're based on the Zodiac. Plus, it looks like they could make a promising Xyz Build.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
They're basically Ritual Beasts 2.0, tagging into so many ED monsters. Plus the combos are crazy, just like Rit Beasts lol

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

I activate Stardust Spark Dragon's effect to negate this thread's destruction! THIS. THREAD. MUST. LIVE. >:(

Anyyyyway, what's up guys? Anything interesting lately going on in the game? I heard Level Eater got banned, and if that's true, I will seriously cry for my Synchron babies ahaha. And speaking of which, have there been any new relevant Synchro archetypes in the meta? I've only heard of Crystons, but not much else aside from them, =/

countryemo

Years
I activate Stardust Spark Dragon's effect to negate this thread's destruction! THIS. THREAD. MUST. LIVE. >:(

Anyyyyway, what's up guys? Anything interesting lately going on in the game? I heard Level Eater got banned, and if that's true, I will seriously cry for my Synchron babies ahaha. And speaking of which, have there been any new relevant Synchro archetypes in the meta? I've only heard of Crystons, but not much else aside from them, =/

I don't want it to die.. I just can never find the dang thread.

As for Zodiacs I was interested in them, but I couldn't play them right, and I was mostly interested because they gain attack as they xyz, but they all have 0 and the highest main body is like 1200. :(

For Synchros, I haven't heard of anything HUGE at-least remember. But Raging Tempest is giving more support for Cryston and Speedroids (Bamboo Horse!!) and introducing Wind Witch's which surprisingly can pull off a one-card Crystal Wing.

Also Level Eater got banned in the OCG, I don't he has yet in the TCG.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
eb862ebc.jpg

Elemental HERO Honesty Neos
Level 7
LIGHT
Warrior / Effect
ATK 2500
DEF 2000
You can only use each effect of "Elemental HERO Honesty Neos" once per turn.
(1) During either player's turn: You can discard this card, then target 1 "HERO" monster you control; it gains 2500 ATK until the end of this turn.
(2) During either player's turn: You can discard 1 "HERO" monster; this card gains ATK equal to that monster's ATK until the end of this turn.

Looks like the E-Heroes get their own version of Honest. Interesting... Discuss!

And of course, the anime is doing that thing where it takes a 180 degree turn and shoves something crazy and unexpected into the fans' faces.

countryemo

Years
I still need to catch up on the anime.

It's a decent card but the new Hero support though. Speaking of new support my Fluffals and Luna lights got HUGE boost.tnough I haven't got the chance to test lunas, had to fly to hwpawaii before it got on pro. But future duels with you guys are going to interesting.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
YO what's up guys, sorry I haven't been on in so long, I've literally touched my yugioh cards like twice since the summer so I haven't been too into what's new and upcoming. Thanks for trying to keep this place alive though

Trying to find my "main" deck after Kozmo died, and I picked up Paleozoics, but without Toadally Awesome, they just don't feel complete

Meadow

Years
YO what's up guys, sorry I haven't been on in so long, I've literally touched my yugioh cards like twice since the summer so I haven't been too into what's new and upcoming. Thanks for trying to keep this place alive though

Trying to find my "main" deck after Kozmo died, and I picked up Paleozoics, but without Toadally Awesome, they just don't feel complete

Yooooo! Super late to the party haha, but welcome back! With new cards coming out in the 20th Anniversary Pack, I hope there should be more stuff to keep you interested! I can certainly tell you that Cosmic Blazar Dragon is what got me back into Synchrons. xD That card was heavily anticipated since 2011, and it is soooooo nice to summon, especially since Accel Synchron + King's Synchro is all you need to summon it. There are so many baiting strategies with Trishula, Beelze, and even Starlight Junktion! It's just freaking awesome. :D (Or alternatively, Limitover Drive is also a decent way to summon it! I run both, haha.)

Also Level Eater got banned in the OCG, I don't he has yet in the TCG.

Oh man, I hope the TCG doesn't follow suit! If Level Eater gets banned, then that would mean Quickdraw Synchron and Jet Warrior are practically dead... which would be a shame given how recently Jet Warrior came out (along with how important he is to the deck), and he's not even overpowered or anything. =(

But from context and that the original version is already on its third season, I'm afraid that the anime's going to end soon. Do you guys think (if you guys have watched it) that this'll be the last we see of the Yugioh anime?

GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT?

https://ygorganization.com/jump-festa-2017-latest-information-stage/

We're getting a new YGO series in April! I am seriously excited for this, haha. Admittedly, I kinda dropped ARC-V at around episode 114 because I lost interest, but I'm really eager to see how this new series turns out! :D

And because we're getting a new series, there's a strong chance that we'll also be seeing a new game mechanic! Let's discuss and speculate about this! Do you have any interesting ideas of what the new mechanic could look like? Is there anything else that you wish to see implemented? Or would you rather not see any new mechanics at all? Fire away! ^-^

countryemo

Years
Oh man, I hope the TCG doesn't follow suit! If Level Eater gets banned, then that would mean Quickdraw Synchron and Jet Warrior are practically dead... which would be a shame given how recently Jet Warrior came out (along with how important he is to the deck), and he's not even overpowered or anything. =(

GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT?

https://ygorganization.com/jump-festa-2017-latest-information-stage/

We're getting a new YGO series in April! I am seriously excited for this, haha. Admittedly, I kinda dropped ARC-V at around episode 114 because I lost interest, but I'm really eager to see how this new series turns out! :D

And because we're getting a new series, there's a strong chance that we'll also be seeing a new game mechanic! Let's discuss and speculate about this! Do you have any interesting ideas of what the new mechanic could look like? Is there anything else that you wish to see implemented? Or would you rather not see any new mechanics at all? Fire away! ^-^

Phew, a day almost too late. :P I wish I could remember where this thread is so I can check up on it, but I always manage to forget where it is.

I don't know about Level Eater. I understand it has its uses, but it can produce some insane ban worthy combos. Maybe a weaker version to come out?

And yup, I can't wait for the trailer! I'm not caught up on Arc-V, I didn't really drop it, I'm just super slow (Never completed GX, 5Ds, ZeXal anyways, not even sure if I finished DM). I don't really wish for a new mechanic, I feel like theres more stuff they can do with the current ones, especially pendulum. Unlikely, but an Arc-V sequel would be cool.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I haven't watched the show in quite awhile, but yeah it definitely has quite a bit of bearing on the TCG, so it'll be interesting to see how that develops!

Meadow

Years
Hey guys, just letting y'all know that this thread has been moved back to the Anime & Manga section! Hopefully this should be the last time we get moved haha, since most people in general would typically expect a YGO-related thread to be in A&M, anyway! Unless Tabletop Gaming or Fan Clubs & Groups magically come back to life! *o* Not sure if this will mean too much in terms of activity, but we could always hope this thread will be at least a little less dead than the past couple of months! xD

I don't know about Level Eater. I understand it has its uses, but it can produce some insane ban worthy combos. Maybe a weaker version to come out?

I also heard that there have been some new degenerate combos with Level Eater recently, but I haven't done my research yet. Do you know what these combos (or new cards) are? This would be interesting to know!

And yup, I can't wait for the trailer! I'm not caught up on Arc-V, I didn't really drop it, I'm just super slow (Never completed GX, 5Ds, ZeXal anyways, not even sure if I finished DM). I don't really wish for a new mechanic, I feel like theres more stuff they can do with the current ones, especially pendulum. Unlikely, but an Arc-V sequel would be cool.
I haven't watched the show in quite awhile, but yeah it definitely has quite a bit of bearing on the TCG, so it'll be interesting to see how that develops!

Yeah, it's true that getting new a new mechanic every 3 years can become confusing (especially for new players), but if we still do get a new mechanic, do you think it will be yet another "summoning" mechanic? Or will they maybe go for a different approach, and make a mechanic that focuses on other aspects of gameplay? Can't think of an example right now, but I was thinking along the lines of a new drawing mechanic, or maybe something that slightly alters the rules of the game, akin to Action Cards... I dunno, haha.

Regarding an ARC-V sequel, that would certainly be cool since it could mean more support for older deck themes/characters that didn't get a chance to return in ARC-V, but looking again at the poster, it seems like a draaaaaastically different atmosphere, haha. It looks like a 5D's/ZEXAL hybrid, but in a totally different universe. :P

Back