• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Left-handed or Right-handed?

HamtaroTumin

[font=avantgarde-demi][color=#379BBD]#WaitForTheRi
Years
  • I am right but my best Friend in school is left, and we don't have any problem with him, just some time I forget he is left..... In these day sfew games have released with settinga for left handed, lol..... bye left handed people looks cool too!!

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I'm ambidextrous. My grandmother was ambidextrous too. As far as I now we're the only ambis in the family. My uncle (my grandmother's son) is left handed, and so is his wife. Everyone else is right handed.

It's kind of useful because I can use right handed products with no problem, but if my right hand is otherwise occupied, I don't have to worry because I can use the other hand just as well. In school I write with my left hand on the left pages of the notebook and with my right on the right pages. That way I get practice with both, as well as not having to reach over (which can be uncomfortable sometimes, depending on the situation).

I was right handed for the first 17 years of my life or so, before I discovered/rediscovered/I don't know the verb that my left hand could serve a purpose other than taking up space.

When I was in first grade, I would try to write with my left hand, but the teacher said I was doing it wrong, and made me be right handed.

But the weird part was my best friend was left handed, and they said nothing to him! He got to be left handed no problem! :|

Which kind of supports my theory that my first grade teacher was secretly out to get me. Why else would she have specifically picked on my handedness like that?

Anyway, rants about elementary school aside, when I was 12 I tried to take guitar lessons. Since I used my right hand for everything else, my dad bought me a right handed guitar. I was absolutely terrible at it. I just couldn't form the chords no matter what I did.

I thought I was just never going to be good at guitar ever until I was 17 and I decided to try to teach myself guitar. I, being a huge noob, strung the guitar upside down by accident. I was too lazy/too proud to change it, so I decided I would just learn guitar again with the other hand.

Best mistake ever. It was so much easier! It wasn't just because I was older and more coordinated either, because I tried borrowing my right-handed friend's guitar and I was just as awful at playing right-handed as I was before.

So after that I decided, "Why not see if I can do other things left handed too?" So I decided to try writing with my left hand and within a week it was indistinguishable from my right handed writing. There was a noticeable slant at first, but as of now it's not always there.

Most things I can do with both hands, but I can only draw (well) with my right hand (likely because I have more practice with it) and I can only play guitar with my left hand.

Sometimes at parties when I feel like showing off, I get two pens and a paper and write the same sentence twice, at the same time, with both hands.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • OK. I think I'm cross-dominant. I'm ambidextrous using a spoon and fork, right-handed in using a mouse, and left-handed basically everywhen else.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I'm left handed. Other than everything being right handed in the world, the only thing that I consider to be an inconvenience is my hand smudging everything I write. I've adapted to the right hand tools that I grew up with early on. I do a lot of things with my right hand. I'd say I do more with my right than with my left, which is limited to mostly just eating, writing, and cutting.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    I like to think I'm somewhere between Right-handed & Ambidextrous because I can write, type, eat, cook, lift, and draw with my left hand pretty well. ^-^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Right-handed! I can kick a football with my left foot however. :)

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
    Years
  • I am right-handed but my mother is left-handed, she doesn't really face any inconveniences as far as I know, she's pretty crafty. I think you can easily get by no matter what. c:

Back