• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Poke limits

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • Do you think its possible that most of not all of the pokes may have a mega level to them?

What would be your limit to say "eff" this crap? I would have to think Mega Arceus would make me go wtf -_-

Years
  • Do you think its possible that most of not all of the pokes may have a mega level to them?

What would be your limit to say "eff" this crap? I would have to think Mega Arceus would make me go wtf -_-

I think Mega evolutions will be triggered in battle thanks to a hold item. Only a select few pokemon will be able to turn mega. And yeah Mega Arceus would be overpowered to all hell.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • One MEGA Pokemon at time in battle by holding a MEGA stone.
    Dunno if it's done by removing the possibility to "use" more than one MEGA stone or the other MEGA Pokemon won't evolve in battle but... only one MEGA Pokemon at once.

And I still want MEGA Arceus xD

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Like what Darkip and Ash493 said mega Evolutions are only temporary in Battle and Only A select few can mega evolve By holding a Mega stone

And Mega Arceus Sounds Epic But reaaally overpowered

Years
  • I think Mega evolutions will be triggered in battle thanks to a hold item. Only a select few pokemon will be able to turn mega. And yeah Mega Arceus would be overpowered to all hell.

Well now we know thanks to PkmnGameshow that it is induced by a button below the other commands. Weather or not their are any other requirements remains to be seen.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I think one limitation to megas that many people overlook is that it will consume their item slot. The extra power of life orb, the extra survivability from leftovers, or even the surprise factor from sash/scarf will be greatly missed.

I believe that they'll slowly introduce megas; not all at once, but definitely more than the 7 currently revealed will be in XY. It's worth remembering that the work in each mega is essentially the same as designing a new pokemon. Expecting 700+ megas all at once is unrealistic.

This is what I'm expecting: XY will have 40-80 megas. The sequels/thirdversion will advertise itself as introducing a new 50 or so megastones. With every new generation, we can expect that they'll introduce less-and-less new pokemon, and make up for it by introducing new megas. (No, not completely stop introducing new pokemon, but it's easy to imagine Gamefreak only introducing 80 or so when we get past the 1000's.)

As a more extreme theory: I do not believe any Kalos pokemon will have megas until the sequels and beyond.

Anyone Who Said Anything About Mega Arceus said:
    Mega Arceus? -__- Mega Arceus... Mega Arceus! xD Mega Arceus Mega Arceus Arceus Mega. Megaaaaaa Arceuuuus
    Keep in mind that Arceus's Multitype ability relies on it holding a plate. Yet Megas require holding a mega stone. I think this makes Arceus among the least likely to have a mega.

The only solution to this paradox I could imagine would be Mega Arceus holding a "supreme plate" as a megastone, in which he changes type right before performing a move. So if Arceus used Shadow Claw, it would change into a ghost type. And right before you can hit it with a ghost-type move, it'll use ExtremeSpeed, get its STAB back, and be immune to the upcoming hit.

Years
  • It might be pretty cool if Arceus got a Mega form based on its normal type. 150 all stats anyone? XD

It's kind of arbitrary how some pokemon have it and others don't, and I'm not very confident with the idea of that, but hopefully I'll get over it if i ever get the games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Lol arceus. Come on people! It's surprising that a legendary such as mewtwo gets such a thing at all but mewtwo is practically the origin for mega evolution so it's unavoidable. Anyways, the fact that they lose their item slot is suppose to be some compensation in itself.

I believe part of this whole thing is to qualm some of the unrest in the pokemon community about certain typing that people don't agree with such as gyarados who does learn dragon moves and people want him to be dragon/water but he is stuck water/flying with only one possible flying move and it has to be move tutored!!

I certainly don't expect many mega evolutions but who knows.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Keep in mind that Arceus's Multitype ability relies on it holding a plate. Yet Megas require holding a mega stone. I think this makes Arceus among the least likely to have a mega.
    Who says Normal Arceus isn't beast? =D
    But the Supreme Plate would be the most broken thing in the game xD I so much want!

It might be pretty cool if Arceus got a Mega form based on its normal type. 150 all stats anyone? XD
    255, anyone? xD

Years
  • I think one limitation to megas that many people overlook is that it will consume their item slot. The extra power of life orb, the extra survivability from leftovers, or even the surprise factor from sash/scarf will be greatly missed.

I believe that they'll slowly introduce megas; not all at once, but definitely more than the 7 currently revealed will be in XY. It's worth remembering that the work in each mega is essentially the same as designing a new pokemon. Expecting 700+ megas all at once is unrealistic.

This is what I'm expecting: XY will have 40-80 megas. The sequels/thirdversion will advertise itself as introducing a new 50 or so megastones. With every new generation, we can expect that they'll introduce less-and-less new pokemon, and make up for it by introducing new megas. (No, not completely stop introducing new pokemon, but it's easy to imagine Gamefreak only introducing 80 or so when we get past the 1000's.)

As a more extreme theory: I do not believe any Kalos pokemon will have megas until the sequels and beyond.

Keep in mind that Arceus's Multitype ability relies on it holding a plate. Yet Megas require holding a mega stone. I think this makes Arceus among the least likely to have a mega.

The only solution to this paradox I could imagine would be Mega Arceus holding a "supreme plate" as a megastone, in which he changes type right before performing a move. So if Arceus used Shadow Claw, it would change into a ghost type. And right before you can hit it with a ghost-type move, it'll use ExtremeSpeed, get its STAB back, and be immune to the upcoming hit.
    my opinion here is divided.
    adding 100 more pokemons every new title (no sequel), or at all, is becoming ridiculous. 700 pokemons is way to much!
    and if they'll slowly change to new evolution (megas only) it can be some kind of a temporary solution as long as they make them truly amazing and not the idiotic forms they presented. they can copy digimon for all i care, but don't make a joke of the evolution system.

on the other hand, as human beings and pokemon fans we will always want more and sooner or later 700 won't be enough.

what i think they should is concentrate on the gameplay experience, like how much they change it in X & Y. as much as i love and still playing pokemon yellow, today tech provide so much more. they (keep saying "they" cause i don't remember the company's name) should discard the conventional appearance of the pokemon's game today and try to build it (slowly) into a better feel. like the series but less idiotic (COME ON...). i am not that informed so games like this (pokemon generations -ONE DAY!) could already be exist, but what i do sure about is that none available for the most personal console which is the DS, and this is what need to be changed. not megas, not new pokemons, but new, advance gaming experience!

Years
  • Right now to get into a mega evo form your pokemon must hold a mega stone instead of another item and only one pokemon can mega evolve, I don't know about you but to me it seems as enough limits

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Not going to lie, that 'Supreme Plate' sounds cool...or it could be given to it as an ability like 'Omega Multitype' and I agree, it does sound broken...but it's truly god tier.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I don't think it would make sense for all Pokemon to have Mega Evolutions. Many of the current ones are considered fan-favorites and pretty strong/badass (Lucario, Blaziken, Ampharos, etc.).

It wouldn't make sense, also, for weak Pokemon such as Unown or Stunfisk, to have mega-evolutions, as they are rarely used and are pretty much not considered "worthy" of an ultimate form.

All in all, I don't think all Pokemon will be having mega-evolutions. It might probably stick to starters and fan-favorites. I wouldn't be surprised if Arcanine had a Mega-evolution too.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • In today's Pokémon Direct it was mentioned that Masuda dreams to give all of the Pokémon a mega evolution one day. Which makes me believe that only some Pokémon will have mega evolutions in X and Y and they will continue to give other Pokémon such new evolutions in future generations.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • In today's Pokémon Direct it was mentioned that Masuda dreams to give all of the Pokémon a mega evolution one day. Which makes me believe that only some Pokémon will have mega evolutions in X and Y and they will continue to give other Pokémon such new evolutions in future generations.
    Maybe they could even add more to future games of this generation if they do an update to add them to XY. It'll make playing the other games that will come out this generation more interesting.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • It wouldn't make sense, also, for weak Pokemon such as Unown or Stunfisk, to have mega-evolutions, as they are rarely used and are pretty much not considered "worthy" of an ultimate form.

All in all, I don't think all Pokemon will be having mega-evolutions. It might probably stick to starters and fan-favorites. I wouldn't be surprised if Arcanine had a Mega-evolution too.

I feel the exact opposite. I wish Gamefreak would give the neglected, weak pokemon megas, as a way of closing both the strength gap and popularity gap. I especially feel this way about weak pokemon that may or may not be popular. An example being Kangaskhan: it's a "PU" rank pokemon (really bad), and it never had a huge fanbase compared to things like Lucario, Mewtwo, or starter pokemon. Yet now that it has a mega all to itself, people are giving Kangaskhan a second look.

Because Unown's simplicity is the key to its design, I cannot imagine a mega for it. But for random things like Stunfisk or Garbodor (the latter which I dislike), having a mega form is also an opportunity to improve their appearances.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Personally, I feel Mega evolutions is one of the best things they ever came up with, because it opens up so many possiblities.

I am excited that Absol & Charizard will mega evolve, for Absol has always been my favorite dark-type since it's appaerance in the 3rd gen (& one of my over-all faves) & Charmander was my very first pokemon, in both the video games & TCG.

I'm hoping that Mega Absol will enough speed to nail a place in OU & from what I can tell, Mega Charizard will be MUCH better than Droughtales. (hopefully 100 base speed will still be good in 6th gen OU, if Mega Charizard doesn't get a incease in speed...)

Back