• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much are my cards worth?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2015
    Hey everyone,
    I have some older generation cards that were just stored in my basement. One day me and my friend, who still collects them, we're looking through my cards. I've uploaded an image of the card, he's offering me $5 for all of them. I just wanted to know how much they're worth.

Thanks in advanced :)

Tek

Years
  • I'd ask for $8. You can google the name and set number (27/110 or whatever) to get a feel for what they're worth. Those are likely worth at least 50 cents apiece, some might be more.

Of course, if he's your only buyer, then that's still five bucks in your pocket. Card stores don't typically buy older cards at full value.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2015
    I am new here but I am not really new to Pokemon, just took a decade off or so but I would ask for at least $10 man...If he says no then just hang on to them, he will come around. I dont know much about by-the-book pricing but to me the EX's and stuff are worth $10...figure each one of those were pulled from a single pack to get those, ya'know?...People may think I am wrong but I would keep them for $5.

Years
  • Hey everyone,
    I have some older generation cards that were just stored in my basement. One day me and my friend, who still collects them, we're looking through my cards. I've uploaded an image of the card, he's offering me $5 for all of them. I just wanted to know how much they're worth.

Thanks in advanced :)

In the condition they're in (positively awful condition, by the way, sorry to inform you), his offer is very fair.

I'd ask for $8. You can google the name and set number (27/110 or whatever) to get a feel for what they're worth. Those are likely worth at least 50 cents apiece, some might be more.

Of course, if he's your only buyer, then that's still five bucks in your pocket. Card stores don't typically buy older cards at full value.

Well... the condition they're in is pretty brutal.

Wait a sec 5 bucks for old school ex? what!?

It'd be a bad deal if they were in better condition. They're in terrible condition, so it's actually a pretty fair offer.

I am new here but I am not really new to Pokemon, just took a decade off or so but I would ask for at least $10 man...If he says no then just hang on to them, he will come around. I dont know much about by-the-book pricing but to me the EX's and stuff are worth $10...figure each one of those were pulled from a single pack to get those, ya'know?...People may think I am wrong but I would keep them for $5.

In the condition they're in? They aren't worth anywhere near $10. They're in such a sorry state that I'd be tempted to just outright scrap the cards.

Back